2024 Masters

1 hour ago, ConferenceRoom said:

I’m no expert but just going by what I learned before my kid was born, you’ve got a pretty good idea when you’re about to go into labor. 

In an interview earlier in the week he made it seem like she was still weeks away from giving birth. The media just wants to make it a story. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Wonder if Spieth needs surgery on that wrist?

Not sure what all he's done to chase distance, but it's frustrating to see how accurately he drove the ball in 2015 vs how terribly he's driven the ball the last 3 years.  His iron shots into greens have lost accuracy, and he has even gotten worse with his short game.  

Hey Jordan -- Take some time off, get your wrist fixed and find a way to enjoy golf again.  It's not fun watching you play so poorly with no love for the game anymore.  

Posted (edited)

For all of the Tiger haters: He’ll be finished by the time the main broadcast begins. 
For all of the Tiger lovers: He is a featured group at 8:35 so you can watch every shot. He’s playing with the Spalding lookalike, amateur Neil Shipley. 

Edited by TonyTexas
  • Haha 2

A buddy of mine was the golf coach at a local high school and he coached against Shipley. Said he was really, really good, obviously. Shipley is a Pittsburgh Central Catholic kid. Same high school as Danny Marino and Damar Hamlin, among many others like Joe Morehead and former Texas assistant Todd Orlando

24 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Have not been able to watch yet due to family stuff.  Are we looking at great conditions for better scores today???

Wind will be down and Sunday pins are typically fairly benign. Scoring should be the best of the week.

• Hook 'Em 1

21 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

who ever can drop putts

Underated post.  Have not seen any player really get hot with the "short stick". 😋

Hopefully that changes -- need some great final round golf today.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, JGrayDBU said:

I'm a Jack fan, but like to watch the train wreck-esque Tiger....Jack made 37 cuts at Augusta, and 22 top tens, totally dwarfing Tiger's numbers.  

fuck his m..a loving ass and all the private course he’s built

Edited by tx 3 putt
  • Hook 'Em 1

Tiger is looking to be last.  I wonder if anyone has finished last one year and made the cut the next year? Or more specifically, has anyone over age 40 finished dead last on Sunday and gone on to ever make the cut again?

4 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

For all of the Tiger haters: He’ll be finished by the time the main broadcast begins. 
For all of the Tiger lovers: He is a featured group at 8:35 so you can watch every shot. He’s playing with the Spalding lookalike, amateur Neil Shipley. 

let him tee it up again behind the last group 

2 hours ago, PittsburghTiger said:

A buddy of mine was the golf coach at a local high school and he coached against Shipley. Said he was really, really good, obviously. Shipley is a Pittsburgh Central Catholic kid. Same high school as Danny Marino and Damar Hamlin, among many others like Joe Morehead and former Texas assistant Todd Orlando

great final round for him

He sat down with the ping tour guys …

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I don't know if I've seen anyone make a putt of consequence over 6' in the last 90 minutes. Looks the wind is just a gentle 5 mph breeze at this point.

Got a pork butt on the smoker and looking forward to a chill afternoon with hopefully some exciting golf.

• Like 1
  • Drool 1

2 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

I don't know if I've seen anyone make a putt of consequence over 6' in the last 90 minutes. Looks the wind is just a gentle 5 mph breeze at this point.

Got a pork butt on the smoker and looking forward to a chill afternoon with hopefully some exciting golf.

can i door dash a Sandwich from you ?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

fuck that ice cube GIF

None of these guys winning would be bad for the game. Bryson or Homa winning would be a lot of fun. Morikawa or Scottie winning would go towards a couple badass fucking resumes held by two really good young players. 

Just cheering for a fun Sunday. Golf doesn't "need" any one of them to take it home - whoever wins it will be deserving as always and well-received by the crowd.*

*just as long as it's an American 😆

Edited by ztejas

53 minutes ago, JGrayDBU said:

Or more specifically, has anyone over age 40 finished dead last on Sunday and gone on to ever make the cut again?

I honestly wouldn't be surprised just because of the lifetime exemption for past winners. Guys well into their 60s have made the cut.

47 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Masters should sign all the amateurs to an NIL so they can walk away with a check 

I wouldn't mind the Masters inviting a few more amateurs each year... increase the numbers to 10-12 total.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, ConferenceRoom said:

Cam Smith probably feels like he has unfinished business. If a LIV player had to win I suppose I could stomach him getting a jacket. 

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Edited by LTtxfan

2 minutes ago, Upgrayedd said:

I’d love to see the top players play some competitive rounds on current course setups with 1980’s equipment 

wood bros made some beautiful clubs

5 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

big pull

damn good chip 

• Hook 'Em 1