2024 Final Four and National Championship

Pancho

1 minute ago, Underdog said:

I’ll take 4-eyes but Mama Sears is fine as well. 

That's Sears' mother?  Damn.

I guess so, they have her shooting free throws as he's shooting free throws.  Just call me step dad Bullneck.  

4 minutes ago, troph said:

I don’t see Purdue beating UConn. 

From my point of view I guess it comes down to can UConn make Purdue run. And, can the Huskies defend them hard enough outside to make them speed up and not be comfortable at a 65-point pace. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Was never a chance to be anything other than Purdue vs UConn. NC State and Bama were not going to be able to keep up all 40min. Bama tried their best but ran out of gas the last half of the 2nd half. NC State was never really in that game.

Purdue vs UConn should be fun. Hopefully UConn wins.

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)

UConn will roll Purdue. It plays at a different level, dissects offensively with unparalleled ball movement and unselfishness. Sets are NBA like. Watch the movement. Defensively, UConn cuts the heads off other teams strengths and has the best player in the game at the rim.

Clingan is a great matchup for Edey. The UConn guards are tenacious and will eat those Purdue spares alive who treat the ball like a hand grenade. Last but not least. Hurley v. Painter is an abysmal mismatch. 

Edited by Wally Pryor
  • Hook 'Em 1

Love UConn in this matchup but they’ve fucked around a lot in the first 15 minutes of the game so that opens the door to a close contest.  And a “let them play” attitude from the refs favors Purdue - they had two total fouls with under a minute to go in the 1H tonight which was hilarious. 

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

Guessing line settles around UCONN -4.0.

Disagree. I bet it gets to 7 or 8 and then possibly settle at 6. Everyone’s gonna be on UConn. 

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, MrX said:

$50 on it settles at 4?

Sorry didn’t hit reply. 

$50 on -5.5 as a push - line before tip. 

Nah nvm you're right hahahaha. Seeing 6.5.

Edited by ztejas

17 hours ago, JGrayDBU said:

ha! this is when living in Alaska pays off.....Tip is 9.20 EST?  That is 5.20 here.  get home around 3:50, get dinner and snacks going, watch game, with plenty of time leftover.  

After all that you're still in Alaska

1 hour ago, Michael Knight said:

After all that you're still in Alaska

...yep ,and if the state of Alaska had a pension system for teachers, I would almost certainly stay for years number 7 and following.  Six years of teaching in Alaska, coming back to Texas end of May.  Will teach in Texas long enough to raise the high-five avg salary, buy the six years of Alaska time, and land the plane for retirement.                

Teaching in Alaska allowed me to save $ for retirement to the extent that I don't have to consider working a summer job for financial reasons.  Compare that to having to work temp jobs every summer and most semesters; quite an incredible difference!

• Pancho unpinned this topic