Iowa - South Carolina National Title 2024

Posted (edited)

i am loving this upset if that happens.  Texas was the first undefeated natty back in 1986.

What women's college basketball teams have gone undefeated?
  • 1986: Texas Longhorns (34–0)
  • 1995: UConn Huskies (35–0)
  • 1998: Tennessee Lady Vols (39–0)
  • 2002: UConn Huskies (39–0)
  • 2009: UConn Huskies (39–0)
  • 2010: UConn Huskies (39–0)
  • 2012: Baylor Lady Bears (40–0)
  • 2014: UConn Huskies (40–0)
Edited by Make em eat Taco Bell

I made my first bet ever on womens hoops today getting Iowa at +229. I watch almost zero womens hoops, but the couple of times I tuned in to catch Clark, she was the best player on the court by a factor of at least 2X. I'll take those odds with a player that much better than everyone else all day long. Now the question is do I take SC at +ML in game to lock in a win. 

1 minute ago, Pancho said:

Iowa fans are channeling their inner K-state fan every fan base in the country I see

”WE DON’T FOUL, THEY ALWAYS FOUL!”

Works the same way as holding in college football.

• Like 1

This matchup is very much like the men's finals matchup. South Carolina is like Uconn with a superior all around team. Iowa has a freak of nature in Clark just like Purdue's Edey. 

On ESPN they are having the Bird & Taurasi broadcast, with guests, sort of like they have done for the college football broadcasts. I’ve always liked both of them and I think their insights are pretty good. I always kind of liked UConn’s gals team as well, a Big East thing I reckon so I don’t mind listening to them at all. I haven’t watched any of the ABC broadcast. Who is doing the game? 

3 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Yeah I feel like SC's depth might be the difference.

22-0 bench point edge for USCe

Just now, PittsburghTiger said:

On ESPN they are having the Bird & Taurasi broadcast, with guests, sort of like they have done for the college football broadcasts. I’ve always liked both of them and I think their insights are pretty good. I always kind of liked UConn’s gals team as well, a Big East thing I reckon so I don’t mind listening to them at all. I haven’t watched any of the ABC broadcast. Who is doing the game? 

Lobo and Ruocco

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, UTEE97 said:

This matchup is very much like the men's finals matchup. South Carolina is like Uconn with a superior all around team. Iowa has a freak of nature in Clark just like Purdue's Edey. 

Iowa has nothing remotely resembling Clingan in the women's game

1 minute ago, PittsburghTiger said:

I like Lobo. Don’t really care to hear the other one. I’ll stick with Bird & Taurasi.

Big Lobo fan too. She knows the game

Just now, ClubWhatever said:

Iowa has nothing remotely resembling Clingan in the women's game

Both Clark and Edey are nightmares for the opposing teams. They do their damages in different ways but they both are freaks of nature imo.

1 minute ago, DanTheHorn said:

The hustle on both sides of the ball and the decision making on moving the ball around by both teams makes me sad for Texas mens basketball.

If we are being honest, our women's team was not in the same league either. I thought we lacked team speed and athleticism to make a deeper run.