Texas vs Texas State Midweek Series

Horny Bull

8 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Shouldn’t be this nervous about getting 3 more outs but I’ll hold my breath for the next 21 hours.

More the annoyance of having to waste an arm for those 3 outs. Could probably just run Cade back out there

I was wondering about times for tonight and found this in the texassports.com story. I'm guessing not many people will be around for the 9th inning.

Texas Baseball took a 9-1 lead into the ninth inning against Texas State before the game was suspended due to inclement weather at Bobcat Ballpark. The teams will resume the halted game on Wednesday at 6 p.m. at UFCU Disch-Falk Field.

Following the completion of Tuesday's suspended game, the Longhorns and Bobcats will play the regularly scheduled Wednesday game at 7 p.m.  

Gates at UFCU Disch-Falk Field will open at 5 p.m. and a ticket to Wednesday's game will get admission to the remaining inning of Game 1 plus the regularly scheduled game.

• Hook 'Em 2

The fact they are resuming at 6 and keeping the second game at 7 means you probably can't just have your game 2 starter finish game 1 because he could end up sitting in the dugout for 50 minutes between games.

We are lucky we got 8 innings in last night. Imagine if the storm rolled through after 3 innings and we had to play 15 innings today with a conference game in 48 hours.

3 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

Maybe let's not schedule any more double mid-week games during conference play. 

Not sure why they switched to this home-and-home format on B2B days with Texas State. Been that way for I think 3 or 4 years now.

Under Augie, Texas State would always play in Austin twice and then we would play in San Marcos once, but all 3 matchups were spread out throughout the season.

22 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

The fact they are resuming at 6 and keeping the second game at 7 means you probably can't just have your game 2 starter finish game 1 because he could end up sitting in the dugout for 50 minutes between games.

We are lucky we got 8 innings in last night. Imagine if the storm rolled through after 3 innings and we had to play 15 innings today with a conference game in 48 hours.

We’re up 8 with 3 outs. We’re gonna put some low level guy in

• Hook 'Em 1

31 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

True.   They are keeping game 2 at 7 due to LHN telecasting the Texas/Texas St softball game which begins at 4:30.

3 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Our Friday starter already pitched

1 hour ago, chase25 said:

Lebarron threw 42 pitches yesterday, will be interesting to see what his role is going forward

Isn’t Tuesday the Friday guy’s BP/simulated action day, anyways?

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

I think I am reading where the finish to game 1 will be on ESPN+ with the normal LHN broadcast for the second game?

Source?

If you look at the graphic, it says LHN.

Why would they put LHN in there, then?

Edited by BachelorTrek

Just now, BachelorTrek said:

Source?

If you look at the graphic, it says LHN. Why would they put LHN in there, then?

Texas State tweet referenced ESPN+ for the unfinished game with LHN for the 7 PM game in the graphic. But your tweet makes me more unsure now.

9 minutes ago, BachelorTrek said:

Just read on 'hub forums that the regularly scheduled game will only be 7 innings in length tonight.

I will bet my "game not on espn+ radio only" wager on that not being correct.

Posted (edited)

To add to the weirdness of this year, we are now 5-2 on the road, which is pretty good. Our 8 losses at home though are tied for second most in the conference with OU and only Baylor is ahead of us with 9. If you told us before the year we would win 2 of 3 in Lubbock and Manhattan while taking the midweek game in San Marcos, we would probably all think we were something like 24-9 at this point in the season and ranked in the top 20.

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Rage+1 2