The Dallas Stars 2024 Playoffs Thread

We got 4 or 5 of our highest paid forwards that are barely noticeable out there. 

It’s a real problem. Need something from Benn, Pavs, Roope, etc. Fucking something.
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

We got 4 or 5 of our highest paid forwards that are barely noticeable out there. 

Yeah it’s been nice to keep the fan favs around but they been needing to retire for like 4 years now. Such shit to pay all these guys that are ghosts all season and even worse in the playoffs all this money. 

Hintz has even been shitty

i donno what is the plan if we don’t win the damn cup this year man seems like this is it every year for the past 3 or 4

1 minute ago, dcar00 said:

this is all on our stars...big bag of suck all series.

I mean yeah outside of the 3 straight they just won, sure. 

Hockey is weird. Just need to handle business at home. 

Just now, ztejas said:

I mean yeah outside of the 3 straight they just won, sure. 

Hockey is weird. Just need to handle business at home. 

outside of Miro our stars have sucked.  the bench has been keeping us alive.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

We’ve been running into (or creating) the hot playoff goalie since js giguerre. 

It’s not like we were laying siege to him tonight. Seguin’s breakaway attempt was weak and he didn’t really have to face much more than that. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Pavelski is dead. Robertson is bitch made. Hintz looks hurt. 

better dig deep on Sunday.

We aren’t winning shit this season only playing 5 defenders anyway. Fucking dumbass coach. 

Miro is playing a couple mins above his regular season total. It’s mostly the other four picking up more mins with only five regular defenders.

This is on our top scorers being no-shows.

3 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

outside of Miro our stars have sucked.  the bench has been keeping us alive.

Oh lol. Thought you meant "our (Dallas) Stars" like the team we cheer for.

Carry on.

• Hook 'Em 1

Every game has been one goal until the empty netter gave a 2 goal outcome. This series fittingly gets a game 7. Home ice hasn't seemed to matter this series, feels like game 7 is going to be a total tossup. Get the heart meds ready, I am sensing a game 7 OT. 

Otter played great last night.  Exactly the kind of game you needed from him to clinch on the road.  Really disappointing effort offensively.  I think it all boils down to whether or not we finish at the net like we have all fucking season.  They are really good defensively and have had good to great play from Thompson/Hill but we are missing wide open nets every damn game.    I don't think there is a single game we have hit our expected goals and now multiple we are like 3 behind.   Either we execute at the net Sunday or that's a wrap.  I still feel pretty confident. This is why you work all season to get these games at home.   Our seat rep was able to upgrade us to 2nd row right on the net Sunday so should be a fun one.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, ztejas said:

Seguin not burying that 1 v 1 fucked us.

I had zero hopes of him actually scoring on that.   

He could have a breakaway with the goalie pulled and he'd still miss the net.  He just flat-out sucks right now.

Posted (edited)
On 5/4/2024 at 1:17 PM, Beau Vine said:

I had zero hopes of him actually scoring on that.   

He could have a breakaway with the goalie pulled and he'd still miss the net.  He just flat-out sucks right now.

we were the highest scoring team on the breakaway this season. VGK's strength is their defense. so far they have had the horses to track back and make things difficult, if not outright stop the chance. we're basically playing the best at stopping the rush. it was an achilles for us last season in against them too.

I'm nervous but optimistic.

Edited by Longhorn_Fan68