Rock and Roll HOF

Jake Adler

Posted (edited)

To be fair, the original copy read, instead of Robert Bell "Kool", it was Robert Belloved "Kunt"  /CYE

as usual, I have to call into question an inductee like "A Tribe Called Quest."  Game changing talents in their genre, no doubt.  But never had one song resembling anything close to what could be considered rock 'n roll.  Just change it to "Music Hall of Fame" at this point.  They deserve accolades, but they have nothing to do with Rock 'n Roll, nor do 1/3rd of the bands in that building.  The baseball hall of fame doesn't have Cricket players in it for the very simple reason, they don't do the same thing.  The NFL Hall of Fame in Canton doesn't have an Australian Football wing.  Old man yells at cloud.  

Edited by YGIFS
  • Hook 'Em 4

I'm the OP. This is so fucking weird.  I got a new iphone.  Downloaded everything from the cloud.   Now tapa thinks I'm "Jake Adler"???  I don't know Jake Adler, and I'm not a guy that uses socks (only used 1 in the history of these boards, "The Flooring Guy" to fuck with that cunt dillo pad. 

I'm going to get to the bottom  of this. 

• Hook 'Em 1

He later went on to become the mayor of Austin.  Austin, Minnesota.  And his City Manager?  You guessed it.  Another less-famous brother.  Frank Stallone.  

Glad to see Foreigner (not always my cup of tea), Ozzy, and Frampton getting recognition.  Never a huge fan of any of them, but they have endured for many, many decades.  Just happened to be clicking through XM radio the other day driving near campus and DMB channel came on and reminded me of waiting in line at Tower Records with this girl I was hung up on for his new release in the late 90's.  Music doesn't hold up great, but if you were in your 20's back then...you listened to DMB.  No shame in it, we were just trying to get laid.  But I have to say their technical prowess on their respective instruments is still impressive to this day.  I mean, seriously proficient and still able to improvise/jam.  And they're still doing it 30+ years later.  Much respect.  Would never pay to download a song, but there's something to be said for endurance in any Hall of Fame, music or sports or acting.  To keep delivering night after night for decades.  That's not nothing.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Glad Frampton and Foreigner are in.  2011 I was driving home from work, show me the way comes on the radio, and had seen that frampton was playing Moody theater.  said fuck, never seen him so I'm going. still one of the best concerts I've seen.

image.thumb.png.fdc821719f61012f52fdfa4a74c10389.png

• Hook 'Em 1

Dipshits on local radio were talking about Frampton as a "one hit wonder" yesterday.  I can think of at least five.

Though not a “hit” I always loved Penny for Your Thoughts. And I’m convinced it was the progenitor of the Crowes’ Sunday Night Buttermilk Waltz which is just a dadgum jam if I’ve ever heard one.
  • Hook 'Em 1