Dad forces son to run on treadmill because he’s fat, son repeatedly hits head and…

Pancho

41 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Shit, give him a chance to go free. Suspend a treadmill with no rails over a pool of chloric acid. Run for 15 minutes at an 8 minute mile pace, and all is forgiven.

This is oddly specific.  Remind me to never piss off aggy08.

1 hour ago, aggie08 said:

Shit, give him a chance to go free. Suspend a treadmill with no rails over a pool of chloric acid. Run for 15 minutes at an 8 minute mile pace, and all is forgiven.

8 minute mile ?

Dude that's called jogging.

Bump it up to 5:30-6 minute mile and you'll have your desired effect quickly.

• Hook 'Em 1

36 minutes ago, CoTex said:

This is oddly specific.  Remind me to never piss off aggy08.

1 minute ago, BillyGoatHill said:

8 minute mile ?

Dude that's called jogging.

Bump it up to 5:30-6 minute mile and you'll have your desired effect quickly.

It's like the end of Wind River. Pussy wouldn't last 5 minutes running an 8 minute mile.

1 hour ago, Mikey4 said:

Watched the video. It made my stomach turn, but article was even worse. Makes it sound like the treadmill deal was just the tip of the iceberg. Poor kid.

Yeah, I watched it too and the part where he bit his son on the head was weird as fuck. 

• Hook 'Em 1

This guy should die painfully. Unreal. Just a total POS. 

Chain him to the back of an ATV. Drag him thru a variety of rough terrain and rocks. Make sure he keeps up. See how he likes seeing his limbs ripped off.
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Texzilla588 said:

Chain him to the back of an ATV. Drag him thru a variety of rough terrain and rocks. Make sure he keeps up. See how he likes seeing his limbs ripped off.

CSB: My half-brother knew the head truck-dragger from Jasper.

21 hours ago, gofuckyourself said:

The only thing rivaling this piece of shit is the incompetence and inability of most state and federal agencies tasked with protecting those most in need of protection, see children, elderly, etc.

20 hours ago, Sawbonz said:

In many of these situations mom has psych and or substance abuse issues. From having friends who foster, I know two who had young children (both toddlers) in their homes whom the court subsequently removed from foster in favor of blood relatives. In both cases they eventually returned to the foster families who were then allowed to adopt them. The lucky one came back with a cast on his arm. The other has cortical blindness from blunt trauma to the head

I was removed from custody of my bio parents at 18 months, put into foster for almost a year, and then placed back with bio-parents. I was adopted at almost 4, at the request of the state welfare office( now CPS) to my original foster parents.  It has always been fucked up to me that my bio parents were given a 2nd chance to kill my ass.  I will not list what they did, repeatedly, much to the horror and disbelief of my fosters.  I miraculously do not remember any of the abuse, or at least my mind channeled away from my consciousness.  There's something that messes with you that your parents didn't want you, but also physically abused your ass.

As an adult, when discussing adoption, many people ask if I ever looked up my bio-parents.  "Fuck no.  Why would I?  To rekindle the hate?"

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Iceman said:

I was removed from custody of my bio parents at 18 months, put into foster for almost a year, and then placed back with bio-parents. I was adopted at almost 4, at the request of the state welfare office( now CPS) to my original foster parents.  It has always been fucked up to me that my bio parents were given a 2nd chance to kill my ass.  I will not list what they did, repeatedly, much to the horror and disbelief of my fosters.  I miraculously do not remember any of the abuse, or at least my mind channeled away from my consciousness.  There's something that messes with you that your parents didn't want you, but also physically abused your ass.

As an adult, when discussing adoption, many people ask if I ever looked up my bio-parents.  "Fuck no.  Why would I?  To rekindle the hate?"

Damn. I can't imagine. I have half sisters who still struggle, years and years later, with their parent's divorce, while I struggle to understand their feelings of rejection and how they decided to take it so personally. They were FAR from abused at any point. As opposed to your situation.

Great viewpoint on not wanting to dig it up. Most people are much better off not picking their scabs.

It is fucked up how "the state" presumes the best situation is always with the parents or family, and ignores how those parents or family are actually treating them.

21 hours ago, CoTex said:

I don't know man.  It certainly appears that New Jersey passed bail reform - at least the Courts seem to say as much here

Criminal Justice Reform | NJ Courts

Surely the bond judge considered... the law, when granting bail.  Maybe you just don't like the fact that bail reform laws resulted in more people receiving bail.  Seems to me like when more people receive bail, sooner or later one of them is going to do something criminal. That doesn't make them special. Normal people commit crimes (everyday), why should people out on bail be any different? 

Bail is a constitutional right but, if I'm the judge that lets a child-abuser out on bail and that person goes on to kill the child, I'm losing sleep.  For a long while.

Internet says NJ doesn't have death penalty.  Would this be a capital crime/death penalty case in Texas?

The victim was already dead by the time he was granted bail. What they apparently didn't know was that the sperm donor had been abusing the child beyond the treadmill crap, which although horrific in itself is not a fact pattern that supports a murder charge. 

Bail reform doesn't often make the difference between bail denial and the setting of bail. It does often reduce the exorbitant bail amounts for lower level offenses. 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

The victim was already dead by the time he was granted bail. What they apparently didn't know was that the sperm donor had been abusing the child beyond the treadmill crap, which although horrific in itself is not a fact pattern that supports a murder charge. 

Bail reform doesn't often make the difference between bail denial and the setting of bail. It does often reduce the exorbitant bail amounts for lower level offenses. 

Isn't a lot of this going to be judge and prosecutor dependent, forum dependent, and fact dependent?

Some judge's are easier on bail than others.  Some prosecutors take it more seriously than others.  Some defendant's present better than others.

Doesn't most of it land on two issues?  Flight risk and danger to community?

And doesn't this guy likely pass the flight risk test?  His bail issue would be "is he a danger to the community?"

And somehow someway they didn't, or couldn't, demonstrate to the judge's satisfaction that this guy's release could jeopardize the 6 year old's safety?
And if they had successfully done so, couldn't a bail condition be no visits with minors?

With all that, judge could have said

1.  Not a flight risk.

2.  Not a danger to community except his own child.

Bail set at $1, but no contact with kids?

I get to monday morning qb this one but, kinda seems like this would have saved child's life.  Shouldn't we monday morning qb things when 6 year olds die?

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, CoTex said:

Isn't a lot of this going to be judge and prosecutor dependent, forum dependent, and fact dependent?

Some judge's are easier on bail than others.  Some prosecutors take it more seriously than others.  Some defendant's present better than others.

Doesn't most of it land on two issues?  Flight risk and danger to community?

And doesn't this guy likely pass the flight risk test?  His bail issue would be "is he a danger to the community?"

And somehow someway they didn't, or couldn't, demonstrate to the judge's satisfaction that this guy's release could jeopardize the 6 year old's safety?
And if they had successfully done so, couldn't a bail condition be no visits with minors?

With all that, judge could have said

1.  Not a flight risk.

2.  Not a danger to community except his own child.

Bail set at $1, but no contact with kids?

I get to monday morning qb this one but, kinda seems like this would have saved child's life.  Shouldn't we monday morning qb things when 6 year olds die?

Right, and all of that would have nothing to do with bail reform.

And no, as I said, the kid was already dead by the time he received bail on the initial charge.

Here's a story on NJ bail reform. https://www.politico.com/news/2022/12/11/new-jersey-bail-system-roll-back-00072781 It's designed not to grant everyone bail, but to eliminate cash bail on minor and non-violent offenses.  It's just a scapegoat for shit happens.

Pretty clearly, the bail reform comment was a gratuitous and likely false comment from a lawnorder demagogue preying on pearl clutchers.  Don't be a pearl clutcher.

Edited by TwiceHorn