Burn Notice

5 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Michael's mom is great, too.

One of the stars of Cagney and Lacey, a show about two women cops.  Supposed to be good but I never went back and watched any.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, WBT said:

One of the stars of Cagney and Lacey, a show about two women cops.  Supposed to be good but I never went back and watched any.

It was no Hill Street Blues.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MissingInAction said:

I've been looking for a series to add to the rotation.

Which streaming service is it on?

Hulu is what google just told me

• Haha 1

Yep, Hulu is how I am watching. 

It's a mixture of an overall story arch along with one off missions they do from episode to episode. But it always goes back to the main storyline they have been telling since episode 1.

Burn Notice, Suits, White Collar, all USA shows that are a fun watch. Any other series similar to these worth watching? I got 2 seasons left of Burn Notice.

2 minutes ago, RPM said:

Monk

Psych

Monk was awesome. Watched this some years back,

Tried to give Psych a chance and couldn't really get into it which surprised me since I usually love those shows. Might try to give it another chance with fresh eyes.

3 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Tried to give Psych a chance and couldn't really get into it which surprised me since I usually love those shows.

It's really hit or miss, but worth checking out. It's no Rockford Files.

5 minutes ago, RPM said:

It's really hit or miss, but worth checking out. It's no Rockford Files.

I love crime/detective shows and want to go back and watch some of the stuff before my time I haven't gotten around to. Rockford Files, Magnum PI, Hill Street Blues, Barnaby Jones. I know some of this stuff didn't age the best but still want to check it out myself and see if it's worth watching. 

As well as Perry Mason. But there's so many episodes of this, seems overwhelming to try and watch with everything else on my list. No idea how this show holds up today. My dad still loves to watch it.

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)

Rockford aged extremely well if cell phones and the internet didn't exist. Con games work best without fact checking.

Magnum is classic Hawai'i and hot women. What's not to like?

3UksWQw.gif

Edited by RPM
  • Hook 'Em 2

Great show, watched during its initial run on USA and have re-watched more than once.  Sam Axe is the GOAT.  Some pretty good cameos (Michael B Jordan/Michael Irvin/Burt Reynolds)  as well as recurring characters John C McGinley, Tim Matheson.  

Burn Notice has it's moments, but I remember while watching later seasons finding it a bit tiresome listening to Micheal whining about things he would have just handled during the first few seasons.  I will say that Danny Trejo gave a command performance of a crime lord / gang boss - scary without being over the top is how I remembered it.

On 5/30/2024 at 9:51 AM, RPM said:

Rockford aged extremely well if cell phones and the internet didn't exist. Con games work best without fact checking.

Magnum is classic Hawai'i and hot women. What's not to like?

3UksWQw.gif

Named  my adopteded stray Thomas  for this.  He was a  tomcat dude.

• Hook 'Em 1