Urban Meyer suspended first 3 games

Machinator

4 hours ago, kopp0e said:

This wouldn't fall under FIA would it..?

How this is not getting more play is beyond me.

COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — Any attempt by Ohio State coach Urban Meyer to eliminate work-related text messages on his university-issued phone to hide information would be illegal, open records experts said following a two-week investigation into his handling of domestic violence allegations against an assistant coach.

2 hours ago, wild_turkey said:

Herbstreit didn't say much of anything in that. He made a couple comments about Urban being forthcoming and the suspension essentially being an obligation, then admitted the report didn't make any sense, then neglected to take any kind of stand on the matter. It's a comment without making a comment, which means he obviously knows the right answer but doesn't want to publicly suggest that OSU failed big time.

Not that any of us expected anything more out of him. Fuck him too.

Yeah, Herbie, Urban was so forthcoming he had to issue an apology over his non-apology. What a fat pussy Herbie is.

6 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

How this is not getting more play is beyond me.

COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — Any attempt by Ohio State coach Urban Meyer to eliminate work-related text messages on his university-issued phone to hide information would be illegal, open records experts said following a two-week investigation into his handling of domestic violence allegations against an assistant coach.

I don't think this one is over.  I think this will get plenty of play.

3 hours ago, Goodman said:

He's not in a bad spot. He either is a journalist or not, his responsibilities in the media are not to protect his state, family, friends and exclusives. Another example of how tosu mirrors the ou code of conduct. Herbie is and has been a fraud.

Good points, I can't argue with your perspective, as he could have just given a "hot take" to settle it once and for all, as now periodically I imagine others will still ask his thoughts during the course of the season to see if there is any change in the soundbites that Kirk is putting out... And at some point it may be better for him to just say what he feels & leave it be...

Has Kasich had anything to say about this topic?  Seems like he's tired of shithead men of power being fuckheads to women on his watch.  He's a Buckeye and needs their help if he's going to run for public office again.  Then again, protecting men who protect men who choke pregnant women within an inch of their life(s)...

The coordinator filling in for Urban Meyer while the Ohio State head coach serves a three game suspension said on Monday that investigators did not interview him as part of their probe on what Meyer knew about domestic violence allegations made against another assistant coach.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/college/ct-spt-ohio-state-urban-meyer-ryan-day-20180827-story.html

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SwanderedTalent said:

why would anyone think Ryan Day knows what Urban Meyer knew and when? 

You don't need to have a hypothesis.  This guy worked closely with both of them on a daily basis.  At least asking him some questions is only being appropriately thorough.  Not asking him is...not.

Just now, SwanderedTalent said:

This:

"I hope McMurphy or someone in the media blows this wide open.   "

....implies you do.

I can't speak to the intent of that quote, since it wasn't mine and wasn't posted with this story. 

Fact remains that not even having a conversation with the guy close enough with Meyer to take over the team in his absence feels like maybe they weren't quite as thorough as you'd hope in this type of investigation.

I can't imagine the logic for not so much as a 30 minute sit down with everyone in Meyer's inner coaching circle.  You won't get answers to the questions you don't ask.

Oh, actually, maybe I can imagine the logic. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, kevwun said:

I am very confused about why Ohio State keeps releasing damaging information when they have no intention of firing Meyer.

They've already established and admitted that there is lots of evidence that this was handled poorly and potentially broke policy or worse,  but we think net net he should be kept.  Now they're just keeping ahead of the FOIA requests, internal leaks,  and "new breaking documents" headlines from all the folks sniffing around this.  

More of the same,  nothing to see here folks,  the Buckeye in the front should have told you.  

It is safe to say that OSU has already shown their hand multiple times. They have no intention of terminating their relationship with Urb. Should something criminal come to light that would force either law enforcement, or perhaps some elected official to have no choice but to get involved. Maybe then something would get set in motion. Untilsuch time just except the fact that OSU doesn’t really care. 

Now, he is just going to be embarrassed time and time again throughout the season. But at damn near $10 million per year I’m sure he can take it. If they were going to fire him, they would already done so. Scrubbing the phone appears to be a for cause reason by those who know the law. So they have an out should they ever change their minds? Like loose 5 or 6 games😏

OK. I spent a half hour on the phone with my liberal, Democrat, feminist, college professor sister. (No pics.) She has followed the Urban Meyer saga closely. And she knows Title IX, as she is subject to it as well.

Shocking to me, she says Urban Meyer should not have been fired and she's happy with the outcome. No objective person sets the #metoo bar as high as my liberal, Democrat, feminist, college professor sister, if she's satisfied, maybe I can be as well.

A point she makes (and I won't argue it) is Title IX is built to protect victims, not punish offenders, and the UM/ZS saga is in a HUGE gray area. If CS were a university employee as well, this woulda gone much differently. You can bet that gray are will get fixed soon.

I am a guest on this board and I won't poop on it with any kind of an opinion of my own. Rather I will continue to do what I have tried to do; convey objective facts as best I can, and then keep my mouth shut.

Carry on. God Bless Surly Horns.

• Like 3
  • Fuck You 1

6 minutes ago, Parliament said:

OK. I spent a half hour on the phone with my liberal, Democrat, feminist, college professor sister. (No pics.) She has followed the Urban Meyer saga closely. And she knows Title IX, as she is subject to it as well.

Shocking to me, she says Urban Meyer should not have been fired and she's happy with the outcome. No objective person sets the #metoo bar as high as my liberal, Democrat, feminist, college professor sister, if she's satisfied, maybe I can be as well.

A point she makes (and I won't argue it) is Title IX is built to protect victims, not punish offenders, and the UM/ZS saga is in a HUGE gray area. If CS were a university employee as well, this woulda gone much differently. You can bet that gray are will get fixed soon.

I am a guest on this board and I won't poop on it with any kind of an opinion of my own. Rather I will continue to do what I have tried to do; convey objective facts as best I can, and then keep my mouth shut.

Where did she go to school and/or where is she a professor? Any connections to tosu? 

He could certainly be fired for cause. He certainly should have been fired. Enablers and their enablers will do what they do. No list of qualifications of the holder of any opinion to the contrary can change the facts. ZS was enabled and abetted in being able to continue his atrocious behavior by UM. UM lied and impugned the integrity of his own critics. He professed to act out of loyalty and benefit of doubt, but he dropped ZS like a hot rock when he was exposed. There is no gray area here morally. If any average supervisor in any average reputable org did what UM did, he would be termed with cause post haste. UM wins games and excites jorts-wearing, couch-burning donors to open their wallets. So he was kept. It is really that simple. It is impossible to love two masters. Ohio State has chosen whom it serves.

Edited by Magus Ossis
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Parliament said:

Hell, you may very well be right. But...destroying possible evidence by scrubbing the company phone, convenience of memory loss, FOIR. Not to mention employing a coach that has already had multiple issues with law enforcement, including restraining orders. That Urb failed to report to his superiors. All of that looks like the actions of someone who is attempting to cover something up, and has obviously not used good judgment.

i also believe that your college professor sister is as far from being a leftist, as I am starting QB for Texas. This story is exactly the type of situation that anyone left of center would exploit. The old good old boy, man of power shits on the victim. Forget title X1 fucking 9. Urb has plenty of shit on his shoe, and if OSU wanted to they could have easily terminated him for cause. Damn guy, they got Tressel for tattoo gate!

I don’t go to strip clubs (though there may be a couple of exceptions numbered among the events of a misspent youth). I think they objectify and demean women. I think men cheapen themselves when they go. I am disappointed in TH’s hiring Casey Horny, and have vented this and written to the president of UT about it. And whether TH went to a strip club sometime in the past has nothing to do with whether UM should be fired. It is an example of those doing wrong compounding their wrong by trying to besmirch the reputation of others and cloud the issue.

• Like 3