Urban Meyer suspended first 3 games

Machinator

2 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

So apparently Zach Smith's mother went scorched earth on Urban Meyer prior to Zach Smith starting his drunk/rage tweeting.

https://247sports.com/Article/Urban-Meyer-Ohio-State-Zach-Smiths-mother-blasts-Buckeyes-coach-in-explosive-message-121157626/

The fruit doesn't fall far from the tree.

1 minute ago, golfclap said:

OHHHHHHHHHH. it's the job's fault. He wouldn't have stayed with his horrible wife (or kicked her ass a few times, I guesss) if it wasn't for the fact that coaching football is hard and time consuming. 

If he don't chill on these insane tweets, I would think department of human services might come knocking on the door for the kids...

44 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

ZS mid-day tweeting is gold... I can't wait for his late night, after a few too many drinks tweet rampage that we all know is coming

Seems like the repercussions of his actions are finally beginning to seep into his roid-fogged brain.

7 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

So apparently Zach Smith's mother went scorched earth on Urban Meyer (on her facebook) prior to Zach Smith starting his drunk/rage tweeting.

https://247sports.com/Article/Urban-Meyer-Ohio-State-Zach-Smiths-mother-blasts-Buckeyes-coach-in-explosive-message-121157626/

"He made mistakes and I don’t condone his behavior, but I understand it," Bruce wrote.

You understand why your son could hit a woman? Yeah. I think I've found the root of the problem here...

• Like 1

Honest question  Zach - if this is all bullshit lies, then why does Urban and his agent talk about a collection of issues and it only being a matter of time before something blew the whole situation up.

Edited by deech
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, txhorns said:

I'm guessing his twitter tirade is happening because he just found out that he won't be rehired.

That makes everything clearer, tOSU should have had a contract for some portion of payment to still be disbursed over a 18 month frame, during which time Zack can't speak on his firing...

5 minutes ago, deech said:

I do think he has very valid point regarding McMurphy getting that interview with Herman and not asking Herman about any of this.

But the rest of it is unhinged awesomeness.  

Agreed.  And it probably wasn't smart of Herman to do the interview and essentially taunt him since he clearly blames Herman for the story coming out to begin with.  Probably not a good idea to taunt anyone you used to party with that is becoming unhinged if you have a public position.  Nothing good can come of that.

1 minute ago, Skipper said:

Agreed.  And it probably wasn't smart of Herman to do the interview and essentially taunt him since he clearly blames Herman for the story coming out to begin with.  Probably not a good idea to taunt anyone you used to party with that is becoming unhinged if you have a public position.  Nothing good can come of that.

1-billy_madison.jpg

Live look at Zach Smith.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, deech said:

Honest question  Zach - if this is all bullshit lies, then why does Urban and his agent talk about a collection of issues and it only being a matter of time before something blew the whole situation up.

I mean completely taking away the domestic violence accusations there was plenty enough to fire the guy for cause (i.e., substance abuse causing performance issues)

6 minutes ago, Skipper said:

Are you talking about THIS interview?

If not, please point me in the right direction. Because I fail to see why this shit would come up in a series of interviews The Stadium is going to do in regards to different football programs. It's not a fucking Ohio State expose. It's a preview of Texas football. "Oh hey Tom, btw, tell us about the fucking titties and Zach Smith." Yeah, that's realistic. 

1 minute ago, PittsburghTiger said:
these folks are awesome in how they suck at decency

This is not news.  CSBs from the 2005 trip to Columbus abound.

My favorite is that they went to kegs and filled spare cups with beer just to run over to the bus carrying those little old "Flying Longhorn" ladies and pour beer on them through open windows.

11 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Are they just sitting on them? Apparently tOSU doesn't offer a Public Relations 101 class either about getting everything out together...

All I can think of is info redaction which will not be good look either. Yikes

Hoping that the landmines that continue to blow up with the intermittent release of documents will lengthen Urbs's suspension. Fuck that guy, Fuck Ohio State, and most of all fuck Zach Smith.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

that is beginning to make sense as a possibility.

2 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

Hoping that the landmines that continue to blow up with the intermittent release of documents will lengthen Urbs's suspension. Fuck that guy, Fuck Ohio State, and most of all fuck Zach Smith.

You're kidding right? Ohio State isn't firing Urban Meyer. Not a chance. Everything they've done to this point -- and continue to do -- has been with the express intent of KEEPING Urban as head corch.

Just now, C-Man said:

You're kidding right? Ohio State isn't firing Urban Meyer. Not a chance. Everything they've done to this point -- and continue to do -- has been with the express intent of KEEPING Urban as head corch.

I think if this keeps dragging on it is a possibility that they come to some sort of an arrangement.

6 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

They're also clueless clowns in that they have no idea tOSU is possibly now slow dripping the info that they need to fire UM with cause. 

I wish that were the case but I'm not holding my breath  

5 minutes ago, Liquor and Poker said:

This is not news.  CSBs from the 2005 trip to Columbus abound.

My favorite is that they went to kegs and filled spare cups with beer just to run over to the bus carrying those little old "Flying Longhorn" ladies and pour beer on them through open windows.

Go on...

3 hours ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Lede.

(Things that make me surly)

Woah!  Pos rep.

I'm usually the one who gets surly over similar things, but can honestly say I didn't know this spelling or what it indicated.  I always thought "lead" was just the "leading" or most important first point in that phrase.  Learned something new today. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

I think if this keeps dragging on it is a possibility that they come to some sort of an arrangement.

They did all sorts of gymnastics to keep him - plus throwing Herman under the bus is a sign that they are trying to distract from the actual issues.

2 minutes ago, C-Man said:

You have to acknowledge that this could all set up perfectly for OSU to fire UM with cause. If they were that intent on protecting him, why aren't all the lines that are damning redacted? They have tacitly admitted that Urbs was attempting to cover-up his previous cover-up of domestic abuse by wiping his phone. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, UDontKnow said:

You have to acknowledge that this could all set up perfectly for OSU to fire UM with cause. If they were that intent on protecting him, why aren't all the lines that are damning redacted? They have tacitly admitted that Urbs was attempting to cover-up his previous cover-up of domestic abuse by wiping his phone. 

Yet they didn't even seem to care about the wiped phone initially. For me, that's the smoking gun. Urban is 73-9. tOSU is "all in" on Urbs before the flop. It would have to be some extraordinary revelation to reverse course now.

14 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Are you talking about THIS interview?

If not, please point me in the right direction. Because I fail to see why this shit would come up in a series of interviews The Stadium is going to do in regards to different football programs. It's not a fucking Ohio State expose. It's a preview of Texas football. "Oh hey Tom, btw, tell us about the fucking titties and Zach Smith." Yeah, that's realistic. 

My point was why give Brett an exclusive right now period when Zach is telling everyone associated with OSU that Herman is the source behind all of this?  Just seemed like unnecessary poking of the bear.

15 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Did something happen the night he was at the scrip club w the wifebeater?  I read the ESPN story and it's missing a punchline.  Is going to a strip club a big deal for a football coach?  I honestly have no idea wtf I'm missing.  I expected some big revelation the way ESPN literally has this at the top of their list on 'Top Headlines'...

Exactly....lots of guys like to go play with strange wool. If Herman wins I'll take some out of my Sunday school offering and chip in for the whole coaching staff to join him next time.