Urban Meyer suspended first 3 games

Machinator

1 hour ago, SHOOTER12 said:

100% accurate

verb. Deflect is defined as to cause something to change direction, or to deter someone from his/her intended purpose. When all the attention is focused on you and you change the subject and get people to change what they are talking about, this is an example of a time when you deflect the conversation

You mean, like....hey look at that shiny dime over there on the ground?

10 minutes ago, Radical Larry said:

A bunch of Surly posters just became worried.

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
Because their words had forked no lightning they
Do not go gentle into that good night.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Roses are red

Violets are blue

You only get one shot

Do not miss your chance to blow

This opportunity comes

Once in a lifetime

Yo

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

SIAP

I know people hate Finebaum but he went in on Meyer on this Herman strip club "incident". 

I know people pretty much hate Paul Finebaum. I've had my moments where I wanted to punch him as well. That said, he tends to call things the way he sees them, even if I think he's often wrong. His calling of this Urban Meyer scandal has been unequivocally awesome, however. He has stayed on the premise that Meyer is a shitbag, a liar, and a quitter. He's used "liar" and "quitter" repeatedly, and few other national guys are doing that. I respect that and appreciate it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Thornton Melon?

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

SIAP

I know people hate Finebaum but he went in on Meyer on this Herman strip club "incident". 

The twitter mob of ohio st retards is in full effect on the comments. I'm amazed at how bad people get when it comes to football wins and their precious coach. They will defend and deflect till the very end and some(baylor and pedo st) will still defend and deflect even after they drown.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I know people pretty much hate Paul Finebaum. I've had my moments where I wanted to punch him as well. That said, he tends to call things the way he sees them, even if I think he's often wrong. His calling of this Urban Meyer scandal has been unequivocally awesome, however. He has stayed on the premise that Meyer is a shitbag, a liar, and a quitter. He's used "liar" and "quitter" repeatedly, and few other national guys are doing that. I respect that and appreciate it.

I know people are upset over the ESPN article (obvious click bait) but the national media has been fair on this entire incident. 

I'm actually surprised there hasn't been more click bait because Texas is a good target for polarizing takes. But it's not happening. The national media has been quick to say this is a non-issue for Texas and that it's another shit move by Ohio State. Even click bait folks like Clay Travis see right through this nonsense. 

Edited by texasstrong12

Sadly, Come Saturday once the first kickoff happens all of this will go away because fuck the offseason and at the end of the day people will care that the horrible off season is over and come 4 weeks from now Tom Rinaldi will have a sit down heart to heart interview with Urban and he will tear up, say he's sorry in a drama filled exclusive for ratings and he will be back in the saddle again. End of the day is MONEY. 

I don't see this going away. Urban and Zach Smith made the mistake of going after the media. The media isn't going to let this die because they now have a grudge.

Maybe that isn't "objective journalism" but the media isn't going to let this die. McMurphy and others are going to keep digging and you can bet this is just the start of shitty stuff happening under Meyer. 

Edited by texasstrong12

16 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Goddammit. You’re going to make me watch the SEC network 

2 hours ago, Cheeseweasel said:

They've entertained it and found it lacking. We are in phase II, the cover up and deflection phase.

But, like I said. They, the trustees are currently enjoying their anonymity being all lumped together as”OSU”. If it should get personal, where a specific trustee is singled out for their decisions, including their Prez. Or forced into a press conference to explain why they went the way they did. It would change the narrative.

Ain’t a single one of those fuckers going down for this shit. They are all basically getting free money to be part of the group. And it is a shit load of money and perks.

Edited by Hamttx
Fucked up

Funny, Snook has been really quiet since his proclamation that the investigation would vindicate Urban Meyer and disprove the false narrative spun by the evil ESPN empire.

i guess he’s busy collating his enormous Tom Herman Evidence Book Vol. 1.  Soon to be released any day now.

51 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Now imagine that Urban Meyer coached at Alabama. /mcconaughey

3 minutes ago, Artie Fatso said:

Why is it amazing? It sounds like par for the course. Look no further than OSU defensive coordinator, Greg Schiano - a Penn State guy who personally witnessed sexual abuse by Sandusky and did nothing... 

Or their offensive coordinator who was fired just last year for abusing players. Meyer will hire anybody that helps him win football games. 

Edited by texasstrong12

2 hours ago, Hamttx said:

If this stuff doesn’t settle down after the first Saturday of football, OSU might have to entertain the idea of sacking Meyer. We all know they knew from day one they desired to hold on to his lying, covering up ass no matter what was uncovered. But this is a pretty bad look for the university. Especially if people start mentioning specific trustees on boards like this aligning them by name to that POS Urb, delivery of sex toys to work, and now a fucking lunatic on Twitter shooting off his mouth. All of which may or may not pop during a google search.

Wouldn’t be surprised if an exit strategy has been negotiated with Meyer that has him bowing out at the end of the year.

Urbs saves face, program transitions better & creates a possible advantage for tOSU on potential lawsuits.

Just now, HtownHorn said:

Police better be within shouting distance of Courtney's residence right now. Zach has lost it completely.

You think? His life just went down the toilet in the worst possible way....publicly. This “punishment” if you will is far greater then had Meyer fired his ass in 2015.

5 minutes ago, UcancallmeSurly said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if an exit strategy has been negotiated with Meyer that has him bowing out at the end of the year.

Urbs saves face, program transitions better & creates a possible advantage for tOSU on potential lawsuits.

Bob Stoops, come on down!!!

4 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Cloning the phone didn't take four hours.   Advising the client on what steps the client should take with the phone before cloning the phone took 3 hours.

It's better to just have a throwaway phone... Attack of the clones..!

6 hours ago, Machinator said:

Bruce Feldman is one of the best in the business (aside from Hamm, of course), but I’ve noticed he’s hardly been critical of Meyer throughout this entire saga.
On his weekly podcasts with Stewart Mandel over the last month, Mandel has been almost Finebaum-esque in the way he’s ripped OSU, Zach Smith, and even Meyer. But Feldman has generally been neutral on the topic. I also remember last year, Feldman basically ate up that stupid pixie dust comment like it meant something for real when we all know it was just some planted bullshit to throw shade for recruiting purposes.
I’m guessing Meyer is one of Frldman’s sources and he’s trying his hardest not to upset that relationship.

Edited by oh_snap

35 minutes ago, tjhooker said:

If Texas could somehow ball out and play osu in a bowl game this year it would be incredible. 

my thought was, if both Texas and tOSU stumbled thru their schedule and won their conference championships, there would be no way the people in charge wouldnt put both in the playoffs against each other. that would be the ultimate payoff for all this.