Urban Meyer suspended first 3 games

Machinator

4 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Honestly, how was this not a part of the list of shit to do when they initially conceived of this farce to save Urban Meyer's job in the first place? The list should have included paying Smith off with a signed gag order, paying Courtney Smith off with the same, hiring a private investigator to dig deeply into McMurphy, and then having a sit down with him afterwards, with an offer to shut up or the info would be fed publicly through someone like Snook. That's basic corporate corruption strategy when a cover-up needs to happen. 

Given the amateur hour appearance of this stuff, I assume there's a bigger division in the rank and file of the power regime at OSU than we believe. Mary Jo White is not an amateur. I don't know what in the fuck is going on up there, but there's more to this ineptitude than we think.

So....OSU monkeyed this up?   Is that what you are saying?

• Haha 1

On 8/25/2018 at 10:35 AM, Beau Vine said:

You seriously need to quit paying attention to the clown shows.

A couple of days ago, you posted an article about what Dick Vitale thought about Urban Meyer.

Now, Jason Whitlock.

I assume you'll post the reactions of Bayless and Clay Travis next?

JUST STOP.

52 minutes ago, kopp0e said:

Shame, shame, Bucknut administration... 

So now you have Bayless to go...

• Like 1

damn this guy would have made a good chancellor for UT......maybe Tech can get him

Dr. Jeffrey Wadsworth, also known as Jeff, served as the Chief Executive Officer and President of Battelle Memorial Institute, Inc. from December 2008 to October 1, 2017. Dr. Wadsworth served as an Executive Vice President of Global Laboratory Operations of Battelle Memorial Institute. He served as a Senior Vice President and Director of Laboratory Operations for Oak Ridge National Laboratory for Battelle Memorial Institute (Battelle Inc.). He served as Chief Executive Officer and President of UT-Battelle LLC. He served as a Senior Vice President for U.S. Department of Energy Science Programs of Battelle Inc. He worked in California at Stanford University and Lockheed. Dr. Wadsworth served as Chair of Board of Trustee of The Ohio State University. Dr. Wadsworth serves as Member of Independent Governors at Lawrence Livermore National Security, LLC. He has been an Independent Director at Carpenter Technology Corp. since January 11, 2006. He has been a Director of 3D Systems Corporation since March 24, 2017. He serves as a Trustee of The Ohio State University. He serves as Director of 360ip Pte Ltd. Dr. Wadsworth served as a Director of Velocys, Inc. He served as a Director of Achieve, Inc., since June 11, 2009. He served as Director of Homeland Security Programs of Battelle and part of the White House Transition Planning Office for the newly formed U.S. Department of Homeland Security. From 1992 to 2002, he served at the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory in Livermore, California and also served as Deputy Director of Science and Technology since 1995. Previously, Dr. Wadsworth served with Lockheed Missiles and Space Company, Research and Development Division. He was elected to the National Academy of Engineering in 2005 and has been elected Fellow of three technical societies and holds numerous awards and honors. He holds adjunct consulting and honorary professorships from various universities in the U.S. and China and has been the recipient of numerous technical awards and prizes. He earned a Bachelor's Degree in Metallurgy in 1972, Ph.D., D. Met in 1975 and D. Eng. from Sheffield University, England.

1 hour ago, Patrick Bateman said:

I posted a similar angle a few pages ago. Look, those trustee positions are highly coveted for many reasons beyond the school. The few I have met during my lifetime are not real big on any press (especially bad press). Most have spent a lifetime building their good names. Shit like this makes a person look insensitive, cheap, only motivated by money, etc. This, if true, is a bad development for OSU. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Goodman said:

Anyone know what fat boy Herbie tweeted and deleted? 

After MSU "cleared" in investigation, he tweeted a question about whether the reporters who pursued the story would be out covering this, basically. One of those who exposed the allegations was from ESPN and tweeted back at him. He started to eat a twshitterstorm and deleted his tweet and apologized. He is in danger of becoming as toxic publicly as his alma mater.

Well, this is awkward.

After news broke Thursday that Michigan State was cleared by the NCAA of any potential violations in the allegations of sexual assault against its basketball and football programs, ESPN analyst Kirk Herbstreit shared the news in a since-deleted post on Twitter that appeared to be a dig at the reporters who covered the story.

“Can’t wait to watch, read, and listen to ALL the follow up stories from the same folks that had @MSU_Basketball and @MSU_Football Guilty Until Proven Innocent,” Herbstreit tweeted. “Is that one reporter that followed Coach Izzo around at post game pressers gonna chase him down now?!”

Perhaps Herbstreit didn’t know that one of the outlets that pursued the story most vigorously was ESPN’s “Outside the Lines,” which originally broke the story in January involving sexual assault claims against student-assistant basketball coach Travis Walton.

“OTL” reporter Nicole Noren made sure Herbstreit was aware.

SEE ALSO

“Thanks Kirk,” she tweeted back. “We also look forward to the follow-up stories we’re working on about holding education officials accountable in regards to reports of violence against women.”

Noren added “p.s.” with a link to another story from ESPN that quoted Michigan State officials saying they would “handle it differently” if such allegations were made today.

While it’s not exactly certain which reporter Herbstreit was referring to that followed basketball coach Tom Izzo around at postgame press conferences, he may be thinking of another colleague. It was “OTL” reporter Tisha Thompson who pressed Izzo on Walton’s time with the program after a game in January.

The backlash against Herbstreit was immediate and severe enough for him to delete his original tweet and post an apology just a couple hours later.

“I’ve seen some strong reactions to my now deleted tweet about MSU,” Herbstreit wrote. “I apologize for the unnecessary dig at the reporters who worked hard on an important story.”

Here's a story (NY post)

Edited by Magus Ossis

3 minutes ago, GlenFromTheMailRoom said:

If a trustee calls out a botched/half assed investigation, would that be a misuse of public funds since some of the active trustees were on th committee?

I have no idea, but I would be willing to wager they would open up the vault to keep  him or her quiet. That type of infighting would reveal far more then the Urban Meyer issue.

2 hours ago, ButtFumble said:

damn this guy would have made a good chancellor for UT......maybe Tech can get him

Dr. Jeffrey Wadsworth, also known as Jeff, served as the Chief Executive Officer and President of Battelle Memorial Institute, Inc. from December 2008 to October 1, 2017. Dr. Wadsworth served as an Executive Vice President of Global Laboratory Operations of Battelle Memorial Institute. He served as a Senior Vice President and Director of Laboratory Operations for Oak Ridge National Laboratory for Battelle Memorial Institute (Battelle Inc.). He served as Chief Executive Officer and President of UT-Battelle LLC. He served as a Senior Vice President for U.S. Department of Energy Science Programs of Battelle Inc. He worked in California at Stanford University and Lockheed. Dr. Wadsworth served as Chair of Board of Trustee of The Ohio State University. Dr. Wadsworth serves as Member of Independent Governors at Lawrence Livermore National Security, LLC. He has been an Independent Director at Carpenter Technology Corp. since January 11, 2006. He has been a Director of 3D Systems Corporation since March 24, 2017. He serves as a Trustee of The Ohio State University. He serves as Director of 360ip Pte Ltd. Dr. Wadsworth served as a Director of Velocys, Inc. He served as a Director of Achieve, Inc., since June 11, 2009. He served as Director of Homeland Security Programs of Battelle and part of the White House Transition Planning Office for the newly formed U.S. Department of Homeland Security. From 1992 to 2002, he served at the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory in Livermore, California and also served as Deputy Director of Science and Technology since 1995. Previously, Dr. Wadsworth served with Lockheed Missiles and Space Company, Research and Development Division. He was elected to the National Academy of Engineering in 2005 and has been elected Fellow of three technical societies and holds numerous awards and honors. He holds adjunct consulting and honorary professorships from various universities in the U.S. and China and has been the recipient of numerous technical awards and prizes. He earned a Bachelor's Degree in Metallurgy in 1972, Ph.D., D. Met in 1975 and D. Eng. from Sheffield University, England.

Cool, this dude has indirectly paid me money before, did some contract IT work for Battelle, at their Anniston Army Depot location.

3 hours ago, kopp0e said:

Shame, shame, Bucknut administration... 

Unfortunately, I don't think this is going to go away for Herman anytime soon.  Smith's comment about "remember the ensuing days" after the strip club are gonna come back out again---- whether through a bunch of crazy ass tweets from Smith, his mom, or ESPN's crack staff of reporters. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Hamttx said:

I posted a similar angle a few pages ago. Look, those trustee positions are highly coveted for many reasons beyond the school. The few I have met during my lifetime are not real big on any press (especially bad press). Most have spent a lifetime building their good names. Shit like this makes a person look insensitive, cheap, only motivated by money, etc. This, if true, is a bad development for OSU. 

Wadsworth is close friends & biz partner with Les Wexner and crew.   Kept the cos h & pissed off the the big boys of the donor circle.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hamttx said:

You are correct, almost every BoR member has spent a lifetime building their name, reputation and almost always massive fortunes.

The image of the institution is quite high on their agenda while winning at football is not.  Having a respectable team that brings in money and doesn't tarnish their names or the schools?  Yes.  But they would rather have a McWilliams level team without any hint of scandal than anything near what UM has brought to tOSU.  

There are a few exceptions once in a while, but not often.  

22 hours ago, oh_snap said:

Bruce Feldman is one of the best in the business (aside from Hamm, of course), but I’ve noticed he’s hardly been critical of Meyer throughout this entire saga.
On his weekly podcasts with Stewart Mandel over the last month, Mandel has been almost Finebaum-esque in the way he’s ripped OSU, Zach Smith, and even Meyer. But Feldman has generally been neutral on the topic. I also remember last year, Feldman basically ate up that stupid pixie dust comment like it meant something for real when we all know it was just some planted bullshit to throw shade for recruiting purposes.
I’m guessing Meyer is one of Frldman’s sources and he’s trying his hardest not to upset that relationship.

Feldman's been anti-Meyer since at least 2007, when he called out Meyer for telling Jevan Snead that he was only recruiting Tebow as a linebacker. Then there was the time Meyer told CJ Spiller that "God wanted [him] to go to Florida."

I'm not a tremendous fan of Feldman or anything (though I don't really have anything against him either), but at least he's been trying to help expose was a scumfuck Meyer is for more than a decade.

I just think he tends to throw shade at UM a little more subtly.

Edited by campcrunk

I look forward to a sluggish first half  by OSU this weekend.  Meyer running to the locker room gets chased down by a reporter who asks if the recent distractions are keeping the players from being focused on the game.  This will be the gift that keeps on giving.  So glad this fuck didn't get fired.

7 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Shut the fuck up, Anwar. Retard. 

Eh, I think it was a question that needed to be asked, or at least one that a reasonable reporter would respectfully ask. If he harped on it or something, that'd be a different story. 

Just now, KYHorn said:

Eh, I think it was a question that needed to be asked, or at least one that a reasonable reporter would respectfully ask. If he harped on it or something, that'd be a different story. 

It’s 2 days before our first game. Local media should not be asking our coach about going to a strip club 2 jobs and several years ago. That’s stupid fucking shit, and something I absolutely expect from the trash at OB. Ketch and Co. always put themselves ahead of our program.

I’ve never been asked about going to a strip club  have you?

Jabba and the bunch can fuck themselves. 

35 minutes ago, mulletpelini said:

I look forward to a sluggish first half  by OSU this weekendMeyer running to the locker room gets chased down by a reporter who asks if the recent distractions are keeping the players from being focused on the game.  This will be the gift that keeps on giving.  So glad this fuck didn't get fired.

That would certainly be unexpected.

So this was released by OSU, not NCAA?  That to me suggests that are not concerned that there was any NCAA violations.  Therefore they are releasing this for what?  Seems like to spread the shit around.  Bring anyone not currently valuable to Ohio State into their shit storm.  Nice!  They need to own their own dirt.  They gave Urban a slap on the wrist for covering up spousal abuse to save freakin' WR coach, but "Tom Herman went to a strip club everybody!  Look at him!"

It's weird but I think it's relevant. Sex toys sent to your place of employment is odd and certainly signals that Urban had little control/oversight of the program. 

You don't ever have packages sent to work so they're not stolen off your porch? Does your boss know what you've ordered?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Pretty sure Herman wanted to be asked. He tells you why in his response. He’s willing to cooperate fully with the NCAA about OSU if the NCAA reaches out to him. There’s shit they are doing at OSU that they are not doing at Texas. This is his response to the Meyer and OSU bullshit.

OSU and Meyer never heard the southern/Texas expression “pigs get fat and hogs get slaughtered”, me thinks, but there’s a shot they’ll have a better understanding shortly. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Pretty sure Herman wanted to be asked. He tells you why in his response. He’s willing to cooperate fully with the NCAA about OSU if the NCAA reaches out to him. There’s shit they are doing at OSU that they are not doing at Texas. This is his response to the Meyer and OSU bullshit.

OSU and Meyer never heard the southern/Texas expression “pigs get fat and hogs get slaughtered”, me thinks, but there’s a shot they’ll have a better understanding shortly. 

I'm lost - what's that saying mean? Is there a difference between hogs and pigs?

7 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

It’s 2 days before our first game. Local media should not be asking our coach about going to a strip club 2 jobs and several years ago. That’s stupid fucking shit, and something I absolutely expect from the trash at OB. Ketch and Co. always put themselves ahead of our program.

I’ve never been asked about going to a strip club  have you?

Jabba and the bunch can fuck themselves. 

19 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

And yea, it’s the timing that is fucking stupid and petty.

I don't like OB more than any of you, I just don't have much of an issue with this instance. Reporters are supposed to put the pursuit of truth above the program- it's what their readers should demand- without unduly harming who/what they're covering. 

I've never been asked about going to strip clubs because I've never been implicated in doing it, much less in the midst of one of the biggest news stories in the nation, and because I don't have a high profile job that requires me to hold weekly press conferences. 

As for the timing, it was being asked the the first chance reporters had to ask TH about it since it came out. Now, I totally agree with shitting on tOSU for purposely trying to distract from their filth and malign a rival program and coach, and I even agree with complaining about the national media for walking into tOSU's trap, but with the amount of national attention it's gotten, it seems reasonable to me that a reporter would ask about it, even if they happen to think it's a non-story. I haven't seen the video, but my understanding is it wasn't a bunch of tastefully worded quotations and follow-up questions, but was more just giving TH an opportunity to address the issue.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, texifornia said:

I'm lost - what's that saying mean? Is there a difference between hogs and pigs?

Hogs are much larger than pigs. You can get away with what you want as long as you stick to your own business. Go out of your way to start fucking with someone else and there may be unanticipated consequences for which you weren’t prepared. Things like calling a reporter a liar or institutionally fucking with another head coach and blue blood program might come back to haunt you later. 

• Like 1