The Texas Libertarian Party Slate of Candidates

Anastasis

http://www.lptexas.org/2018_candidates

Some of these down ballot guys look like real winners. Do they pick these state position guys out of a hat at the convention or do they go by who has the best glamour shot? 

State Representative
District 145

Clayton_Hunt.jpg?1518104757

State Representative
District 98

H_Todd_J_Moore.jpg?1533396623

State Representative
District 129 

Joseph_Majsterski.jpg?1513989306

Tarrant
Justice of the Peace
Place 6 

Derek_Thorn.jpg?1533397925

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Js1 said:

We should all take the Libertarians super serious.

So. Many. Neckbeards.

I know that whenever I want to be taken  super seriously in life, the first thing that I think about is plastering a picture of me humping bluebonnets in a field. 

while i appreciate libertarian political philosophy and believe it plays an ultra-critical role in keeping balance and being a watchdog for protecting our individual rights and against government overstep...the idea of the libertarian party being able to get the best possible people to willingly take part in governance roles kind of reminds me of the old bill hicks routine of getting a meeting together for the people who hate people party...

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

Libertarians look like they spend a lot of time debating the merits of theism on internet message boards.  

Sounds fairly harmless. I'll take that over what Democratic state senator Carlos Uresti was doing that just got him sentenced to 12 years in prison.

21 minutes ago, sidis said:

while i appreciate libertarian political philosophy and believe it plays an ultra-critical role in keeping balance and being a watchdog for protecting our individual rights and against government overstep...the idea of the libertarian party being able to get the best possible people to willingly take part in governance roles kind of reminds me of the old bill hicks routine of getting a meeting together for the people who hate people party...

Bill Hicks was a messenger. 

34 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Why focus on the Democrat? It's sort of out of left field. It feels like someone just taking an opportunity to get in a partisan jab. Thus, I took it that you are for the GOP team.

If I'm wrong, I apologize.

Because the thread is addressing people running for state office and Carlos Uresti who is a state senator was just sentenced to prison and he just happens to be a Democrat.

No, I am not a Republican nor a conservative.

1 hour ago, Anastasis said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSOr9KzU1ugHQIWBAqwJxQ

I didn't think of my post as being in partisan territory until I heard the sound of the Dem white knights riding up behind me.

Edited by F250
my syntax is all fucked up.

5 hours ago, Anastasis said:

http://www.lptexas.org/2018_candidates

Some of these down ballot guys look like real winners. Do they pick these state position guys out of a hat at the convention or do they go by who has the best glamour shot? 

State Representative
District 145

Clayton_Hunt.jpg?1518104757

State Representative
District 98

H_Todd_J_Moore.jpg?1533396623

State Representative
District 129 

Joseph_Majsterski.jpg?1513989306

Tarrant
Justice of the Peace
Place 6 

Derek_Thorn.jpg?1533397925

Is there anyone over the age of 30 who isn't still living with their parents running for the libertarian party?

31 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

I feel like Libertarians and Bitcoin nerds should get in a room and see who's head explodes first from the shit they pretend to know.

That's like saying, "I feel like Surly posters and UT fans should get in a room and see..."

• Like 1

Anyone know what Kerry McKennon does for a living?   I’d like to support him but can’t figure out much about his private sector activity.  Just Naval reserve duty which is certainly impressive.  

Also  McKennon has the courage to do what certain other lieutenant governor candidates won’t; admit he’s gay.  

About 16-17 years ago, I was working for a midsize software company in Austin. We'd just hired this product development guy. He seemed a little weird/awkward, but no more so than your average tech nerd. Nice enough guy. One day he tells me he's running for Lt Gov on the Texas LP ticket. I thought he was joking. He wasn't.  /csb

14 hours ago, Jack Burton said:

I feel like Libertarians and Bitcoin nerds should get in a room and see who's head explodes first from the shit they pretend to know.

Are there any libertarians that aren't bitcoin nerds?  That's baby shit though.  Real deal libertarians are into colloidal silver, like my boy Stan Jones.

C0ZzVV_WIAAmqKa.jpg