San Antonio

TexasHooch

Just recommended Taquitos West Avenue to some friends who moved to SA, but still haven’t explored the legit taco scene. It’s one of my son’s favorite places anywhere…he’s taken a date there. It’s outstanding.
It's legit. The cheek tacos are my favorite
  • Like 1

On 1/24/2024 at 3:01 PM, rage-a-holic said:

Are there any places on the Riverwalk worth going? My insane girlfriend is insisting on going to the Riverwalk during the week and probably in the rain.

Biga on The Banks https://biga.com/dining-menus/ is really good, Domingo https://www.domingorestaurant.com/domingo , Bohanan’s https://bohanans.com/menus/
I’ve never had a bad meal at any of them.  

• Haha 1

On 2/1/2024 at 11:25 PM, Sensitive Ponytail Man said:

When we lived there we loved Paloma Blanca.   No idea if it's still good.   Used to love split pea soup and a root beer from Schilos and the biscuits and gravy from Gunther House.  The days when everybody drove slow.

For years, it used to be one of our go to’s in SA. Been meh the last few times so now La Fonda on Main is our play

Posted (edited)
On 2/25/2024 at 6:43 PM, Cajun said:

That whole thing was life - Carne guisada, refried beans, sausage, bacon, cheese, and roasted Serrano peppers.  

It is by far my favorite non puffy taco in SA, which means anywhere.

Im here. This place is 100% puro Sa vibe 

im excited and scared. Lot of cholas with neck tats

ill drop @Cajun real name for the discount 

Edited by tx 3 putt
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, Cajun said:

@tx 3 puttNot sure how you felt about that Puffy at Rolando's, but just know that's a C+ to B- puffy compared to Taco House and Teka Molina's.  

Church bro.

I have to bump the whole place for an extremely diabetic friendly menu. Everyone in there had diabetes 😂😂😂

Edited by tx 3 putt

1 hour ago, Cajun said:

@tx 3 puttNot sure how you felt about that Puffy at Rolando's, but just know that's a C+ to B- puffy compared to Taco House and Teka Molina's.  

Church bro.

What it lacks in quality, it more than makes up for with quantity. It's comically huge. Man, I need a Rolando's trip soon.

BTW, @Cajun... did you see that Sylvia's on San Pedro is now Restaurante San Pedro? It's solid. Same shit as Riendo and Sylvias, although they do bring out a tiny cup of queso with your chips and salsa which is a nice touch.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

I have to bump the whole place for an extremely diabetic friendly menu. Everyone in there had diabetes 😂😂😂

2 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Yeah, I've never been in there where tree fiddy wasn't the median customer weight.

1 hour ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

What it lacks in quality, it more than makes up for with quantity. It's comically huge. Man, I need a Rolando's trip soon.

BTW, @Cajun... did you see that Sylvia's on San Pedro is now Restaurante San Pedro? It's solid. Same shit as Riendo and Sylvias, although they do bring out a tiny cup of queso with your chips and salsa which is a nice touch.

I had not seen that.  Interesante.

On 3/6/2024 at 10:56 AM, tx 3 putt said:

Sarita's Mexican Restaurant - Medical Center

slams and goes hard, very good breakfast plates. highly recommend 

IMG_9232.jpeg

I always heard rumors that Sarita's was a drug front. Even if it is, it's still pretty good.

IMG_9232.jpeg

That plate is missing the ranchero sauce. I hope you sent it back.

8 hours ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

I always heard rumors that Sarita's was a drug front. Even if it is, it's still pretty good.

7 hours ago, miguelito said:

I thought Fred's Fish Fry was where to get drugs.

Fred’s has been the rumor for a long long time. But I always thought that was more of a joke because no one is ever there

IMG_9232.jpeg

I'm working at Methodist, I see the parking lot is always full. I'll give this a try sometime soon. Thanks 

• Hook 'Em 1

This is why I love San Antonio. We were hungry after taking the niece to SeaWorld this weekend and google led us to El Taquila on Marbach as having good reviews and being relatively close by. We stop in and doesn't look like anything special, but we had a fantastic meal and they had Indio beer which is not findable in Austin and I usually only drink in Mexico. I'd 100% move down if the job market fit our needs.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

This is why I love San Antonio. We were hungry after taking the niece to SeaWorld this weekend and google led us to El Taquila on Marbach as having good reviews and being relatively close by. We stop in and doesn't look like anything special, but we had a fantastic meal and they had Indio beer which is not findable in Austin and I usually only drink in Mexico. I'd 100% move down if the job market fit our needs.

I moved here almost 20 years ago now. I wasn’t a big fan at first (not much of a music scene here then) but it’s such an underrated food city. Just incredible stuff all over town.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 3/8/2024 at 11:25 AM, SimonBolivar said:

3 breakfast tacos for $2.99 ???

Star Trek Yes GIF