2018 Houston Astros Season Thread

Planet Houston

18 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

I like Harris. I just don't particularly like the way he's pitched in a few games lately. 

agree and agree, but he's one of our only guys i trust pitching in 2-3 consecutive days.

obviously they brought it up multiple times yesterday, but it's not just about pitch count, but how many times these guys got up and got warm.

32 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

I like Harris. I just don't particularly like the way he's pitched in a few games lately. 

He was on a 6-7 inning scoreless streak, until yesterday. The problem is you don't pitch him in the 9th. His role is in the 7th. Like today, he came in and got the big K to get out of the inning. That's all you needed from him. Stop pitching these guys in positions they are least likely to succeed. I've seen enough of Harris in the 9th to know he doesn't handle it well. His career era in the 9th is nearly 5.00, 7th inning 2.29.

The problem is the Astros have 1 too many relievers considering how good their rotation is. When you are struggling to get guys work because the starters are going 6-8 innings per start, don't start taking them out of their natural order to just get them work.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Like 1