2018 Houston Astros Season Thread

Planet Houston

3 hours ago, slorch said:

Fuck White over Gattis at DH. 

You dont break into the majors at DH and despite yesterday's atrocities on the base paths, El Oso Blanco has proven invaluable when the shit hits the fan. 

3 hours ago, UTHornFan014 said:

Gattis earned himself far more than 20 games this season with his home run against the Yankees in game 7 of the ALCS last year

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Gattis was near negative WAR last year and he’s not looking any different this year. A good AB against a team doesn’t wash away everything else. We’re not seeing anything from Gattis that indicates he’s not a high parabola player. Rapid ascent and descent. Nostalgia is worthless and Luhnow knows it. Going to be interesting to watch if Gattis doesn’t improve markedly through Memorial Day. 

3 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

Need to give Fisher at least another month. He has talent.  Bregman started slow too.

I get it, but one guy isn’t always another. We’re not seeing a lot from either hole in the OF between JM and Fisher, so sending him down for a break might help. 

Gattis was near negative WAR last year and he’s not looking any different this year. A good AB against a team doesn’t wash away everything else. We’re not seeing anything from Gattis that indicates he’s not a high parabola player. Rapid ascent and descent. Nostalgia is worthless and Luhnow knows it. Going to be interesting to watch if Gattis doesn’t improve markedly through Memorial Day. 

I'm not saying to keep playing him if he goes 60 games hitting the same way, but 20 games is too shot a time for him. Springer was barely above .200 until this last week.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk