2018 Houston Astros Season Thread

Planet Houston

springer is lucky he's doing his 3-38 (or whatever it is) while the team is 14-2.  he looks lost at the plate.

you could tell how stoked he was when he homered on wed, or even when he walked last night.

hopefully he'll get it together when others settle down.  or maybe he'll just wait until g2 of the world series again.  either way.

springer is lucky he's doing his 3-38 (or whatever it is) while the team is 14-2.  he looks lost at the plate.
you could tell how stoked he was when he homered on wed, or even when he walked last night.
hopefully he'll get it together when others settle down.  or maybe he'll just wait until g2 of the world series again.  either way.
So... last night, when he thought he was getting walked, I wonder what the fuck was going on in his head... Dude watched 2 good strikes and acted like they were wild pitches or something... he's gripping.

14 minutes ago, Snacks said:
26 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

So... last night, when he thought he was getting walked, I wonder what the fuck was going on in his head... Dude watched 2 good strikes and acted like they were wild pitches or something... he's gripping.

I’d be ok with giving him a head start on a potential off day and let Jake play the rest of this one.

back to the "where should yuli hit in the lineup" discussion, i was thinking about how other managers would slot our lineup, or how it would've looked 15-20 years ago.

i think in that scenario, springer is probably our cleanup guy (current slump notwithstanding).  it probably goes altuve-bregs-correa-springer (since altuve is our only real sb threat and bregs handles the bat so well and has a great eye).  then i'm not really sure, maybe reddick to break up all the righties, but to me the 5th hitter should be someone maybe with less power than 4-hole, but an rbi guy, and that's what yuli is turning into - especially if he continues to hit around or above .300 like yuli is (or kinda like reddick was last year).  hopefully his power comes back and he can get to 15-18 homers and 75-85 rbi (or at least on those paces, with his missed time factored in).

the thing about our cleanup hitter situation, is that we don't have an edwin encarnacion/jose abreu type who hits 40 bombs but also hits .245.  people forget that marwin led us in rbi last season with 90 (hitting 7th?), and our leadoff hitter led us in homers.