2018 Houston Astros Season Thread

Planet Houston

Well he didn't need to catch it.  It would have been enough to slap grichuk's glove away as soon as it broke the plane.  You have to be like a player and think about what you'll do if the ball comes to you.

Joking of course.  Kind of.

Well he didn't need to catch it.  It would have been enough to slap grichuk's glove away as soon as it broke the plane.  You have to be like a player and think about what you'll do if the ball comes to you.

I do agree with that. Knock his arm away. Take his glove off. Something

I think of these things all the time when I have a seat along a rail. Was down the LF line for the Super Regional in Austin and reset every half inning on what I would if a fair ball was hit down the line and runner was on first.
#baseballdork

54 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Maybe I'm misremembering due to playoff home cooking, but I dont remember us feeling like a better road than home team last year. Maybe everyone just shut it down after that huge road win streak, but all year it seems like we haven't been as good at home. 

Going into the ASB last year, many posters were wondering if we could defer home field advantage in the playoffs. 

6 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Going into the ASB last year, many posters were wondering if we could defer home field advantage in the playoffs. 

True, I guess forums breed negativity.  Quite often this year, I've looked at this thread before turning on a game and expected us to be losing and instead we have a 3 or 4 run lead.

1 hour ago, FondrenRoad said:

Maybe I'm misremembering due to playoff home cooking, but I dont remember us feeling like a better road than home team last year. Maybe everyone just shut it down after that huge road win streak, but all year it seems like we haven't been as good at home. 

Throughout last summer, everyone was talking about the Astros near-record pace of scoring runs on the road. The only teams that compared were teams from the 1930's era Yankees.

27 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

True, I guess forums breed negativity.  Quite often this year, I've looked at this thread before turning on a game and expected us to be losing and instead we have a 3 or 4 run lead.

It wasn't really negativity, just an observation of absolute dominance on the road.  We totally obliterated fools in front of their home fans... probably made them cry and want to call the cops.