2018 Houston Astros Season Thread

Planet Houston

40 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

An entire half inning?
You’re crazy.
They do hold them until in between at-bats, at least in the 2%er field box sections down first and third baselines

Yep. An entire half inning.  Watching games from behind the last row until the third out.  The first time I can recall seeing it was in the lower boxes at Camden Yards when it first opened.

1 hour ago, Gourmand said:

Only two days left until the minors schedule kicks off. Obviously we will have a nightly Ted Tucker Watch but I'm  interested in seeing what guys like Armenteros, Alvarez, Valdez, and Perez do and will also be watching the box scores of last year's top draft picks. Notably, the organization is starting 2nd rd pick and Aggie Corbin Martin at High A Buies Creek with #1 pick Bukauskas at low A Quad Cities. Make of it what you will.

Bukauskas pitched 10 innings last season.

3 hours ago, Gourmand said:

Only two days left until the minors schedule kicks off. Obviously we will have a nightly Ted Tucker Watch but I'm  interested in seeing what guys like Armenteros, Alvarez, Valdez, and Perez do and will also be watching the box scores of last year's top draft picks. Notably, the organization is starting 2nd rd pick and Aggie Corbin Martin at High A Buies Creek with #1 pick Bukauskas at low A Quad Cities. Make of it what you will.

There has been discussion of changing Bukauskas' delivery and working him in the bullpen, so that's going to be a lot of change for him to deal with. Probably good to start him as low as is reasonably possible so it doesn't fuck his confidence  if it doesn't work out right away. 

Edited by Pods

1 hour ago, Pods said:

There has been discussion of changing Bukauskas' delivery and working him in the bullpen, so that's going to be a lot of change for him to deal with. Probably good to start him as low as is reasonably possible so it doesn't fuck his confidence  if it doesn't work out right away. 

I thought they wanted to see if he could develop a changeup this season?  He's probably MLB ready right now as a reliever.