Brett Kavanaugh Confirmation Thread

Hugo Stiglitz

2 minutes ago, Crusher said:

Herein lies the problem with the Democrats throughout the Presidential Election up to and including the Kavanaugh confirmation process. This kind of elitism BS is exactly what got them to pull the lever for Trump in the first place.

Why should your opinion matter more than some dude in Montana? Because your better educated? Because you live in a more densely populated city or state?

Fuck rednecks with too much say? They have the exact amount of say that you do. 1 vote. Are you saying their vote should count less? How much less? Your vote  = 100 % , their vote 50% of yours? Or 25%?

Get ready for more of dudes from Montana voting , some for the first time in their lives in November.

Dumbfucks in Montana have more say than people in California, NY and Texas.  That's the point.   

• Like 1

Let me start by saying im a mexican american, its how I like to be called.
I was a democrat thru and tjru. I liked and voted for obama.
I could not fuckin stand hillary. So smug and full of shit. She just assumed shed be president and laughed off press conf requests and didnt really worry. The DNC fed her debate questions against bernie. Hell the thing I like about Trump is he says what he feels when he wants to. He changes his mind alot and flip flops on lots of shit. But he was not a career politician. Im sure he bent some rules or laws, but dont be naive and think the others dont. He said Obama spied on him and obama denied it. We now know its true. So he took a meeting with some russian hack for dirt on Hillary? Who cares? DNC funds paid for the foreigner dossier, but thats okay. See that’s the issue, its okay when we do it, but not ok when you do it. I see nightly how the mainstream media despises Trump and runs 100% negative shit 24/7 on him. Its tripue and no one can really deny it. Guess thats why I like him. Yes hes smug but doesnt give a shit what most think. Dems loved his money and fame back in the day including bill/hillary. Now hes some evil guy? Trumps always been a brash asshole and everyone loved him.
I dont like Cruz, but “Bet” seems full of shit and white people all happy that have a new shiny white guy with hispanic nickname is gonna take us to the promise land. Uh no, not like that.
If the Dema had just shut the fuck up and let Trump run his mouth hed be dead in the water. But constantly bashing him and not praising anything he does actually caused more folks to support reps. It backfired and cintinues to do so. Trump wont stay civil and just take it. Stupid fucker fights back with reckless abandon.
As for Kavanaugh the guy sounds like a dick. But hey at least he fought for his name and looks like he will get confirmed. I aint by Fords I didnt wanna be come out publicly bit took a lie detector and sent anonymous report and doc notes to the media and I wont release my doc notes to the senate cuz their private. Its bullshit we had to hear about all the yearbook entrys and if he drank too much. Fuck lots of americans drink too much. Where is the smoking gun? Ford said she had witnesses to corroborate her story even her best friend. All say they didnt know anything and the bf says its not true, then Ford says the friend has mental issues? I have 2 doors cause I was raped, but the 2nd door is for my google interns. WTF? Fuckin crazy bat.
Im sure Ill get flamed but whatever.
This messcan likes Trump and hates beto and cruz and is glad Kavanaugh is going to a vote.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, williemackgarza said:

Let me start by saying im a mexican american, its how I like to be called.
I was a democrat thru and tjru. I liked and voted for obama.
I could not fuckin stand hillary. So smug and full of shit. She just assumed shed be president and laughed off press conf requests and didnt really worry. The DNC fed her debate questions against bernie. Hell the thing I like about Trump is he says what he feels when he wants to. He changes his mind alot and flip flops on lots of shit. But he was not a career politician. Im sure he bent some rules or laws, but dont be naive and think the others dont. He said Obama spied on him and obama denied it. We now know its true. So he took a meeting with some russian hack for dirt on Hillary? Who cares? DNC funds paid for the foreigner dossier, but thats okay. See that’s the issue, its okay when we do it, but not ok when you do it. I see nightly how the mainstream media despises Trump and runs 100% negative shit 24/7 on him. Its tripue and no one can really deny it. Guess thats why I like him. Yes hes smug but doesnt give a shit what most think. Dems loved his money and fame back in the day including bill/hillary. Now hes some evil guy? Trumps always been a brash asshole and everyone loved him.
I dont like Cruz, but “Bet” seems full of shit and white people all happy that have a new shiny white guy with hispanic nickname is gonna take us to the promise land. Uh no, not like that.
If the Dema had just shut the fuck up and let Trump run his mouth hed be dead in the water. But constantly bashing him and not praising anything he does actually caused more folks to support reps. It backfired and cintinues to do so. Trump wont stay civil and just take it. Stupid fucker fights back with reckless abandon.
As for Kavanaugh the guy sounds like a dick. But hey at least he fought for his name and looks like he will get confirmed. I aint by Fords I didnt wanna be come out publicly bit took a lie detector and sent anonymous report and doc notes to the media and I wont release my doc notes to the senate cuz their private. Its bullshit we had to hear about all the yearbook entrys and if he drank too much. Fuck lots of americans drink too much. Where is the smoking gun? Ford said she had witnesses to corroborate her story even her best friend. All say they didnt know anything and the bf says its not true, then Ford says the friend has mental issues? I have 2 doors cause I was raped, but the 2nd door is for my google interns. WTF? Fuckin crazy bat.
Im sure Ill get flamed but whatever.
This messcan likes Trump and hates beto and cruz and is glad Kavanaugh is going to a vote.

So, your political decisions are based entirely on politicians' personalities? What do you think of Trump's policies or the laws he's signed off on?  Do you even care?

Edited by Dirk X West
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Jag102 said:

I will just put this here: "he might help their criminal syndicate escape justice at the SCOTUS, imprisoning children..." Brisketexan, I am being honest here, don't get so worked up about politics, really don't. I used too, but now I am more like Hugo, or Horn4life, both the same dudes, it's interesting but not something you have any control over.

Might as well lie back and enjoy it, huh?

3 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Are you literally retarded?  Did you not take a civics class . . . ever?  Go study some fucking history and run some numbers (if you can handle the arithmetic), and until then, shut the fuck up and let the adults handle the discussion.

Literally? No. Have been accused before but testing was a conclusive no.

I see where your going with this, kill the electoral college. Basically you don't want to just count some guy in Montana vote as less than yours, you want to completely ignore it. His and basically everyone's vote who doesn't live in California, Texas , NY or Florida.

Your vote in your state counts the same as his vote in his state. His voice is heard, your voice is heard. As individuals why should your voice be more important than his? That was my point and believe me people in the other 46 states see what is happening and will vote for their own interests.

1 hour ago, workswithseed said:

So FBI investigations are now just worthless? So we should never trust the FBI? Is the FBI only for the ruling parties defense now? 

Negged for obfuscation and being obtuse. You quote a post that you do not address; you merely pretend to. You're addressing a person that wanted a thorough FBI investigation which shows the value he puts upon it. Your shrill reply is poor argument and only distortion.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, Crusher said:

I see where your going with this, kill the electoral college. Basically you don't want to just count some guy in Montana vote as less than yours, you want to completely ignore it. His and basically everyone's vote who doesn't live in California, Texas , NY or Florida.

Your vote in your state counts the same as his vote in his state. His voice is heard, your voice is heard. As individuals why should your voice be more important than his? That was my point and believe me people in the other 46 states see what is happening and will vote for their own interests.

You seem to be quite dense.

• Like 1

The game is afoot! Go get ‘em Brisket!!!! I’m rooting for you in this game lol

Well, my game isn’t complicated. It’s rather direct.

You are loyal to a regime that has weaponized the cruelty of separating children from their families. That has weaponized lying to West Virginia coal miners, lying to them about coal jobs coming back that are never coming back. That has weaponized healthcare, ensuring that the only viable option for thousands of families is the crushing burden of bankruptcy. That has normalized lying. That has happily suborned and utilized perjury.

My wish and hope is simple. It is not for these weapons to go away. No, we can’t get that genie back in the bottle. Rather, I wish for the purest justice. I pray that the weapons unleashed by the regime that you cheer veer from their intended trajectory - the scared brown people, the uneducated coal miners, the struggling working class - and aim themselves squarely at you.

Because you support the mechanism that deploys these weapons, you cannot complain when they hit you. I wish you the anguish of the loss of your children. I wish for you the moment of seeing their psyche irrevocably broken. I wish you the loss of all economic hope. I wish you crippling medical debt and bankruptcy. I wish you no more than what you are happy to see inflicted upon your fellow man.

An eye for an eye. No more. No less. Old Testament style.

I am calm and clear-eyed. And I look forward to your suffering. Because justice.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Crusher said:

How is one person one vote completely ignoring the Montana voter in a presidential election?

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

No, you brainless twit.  FBI investigations that are LIMITED, by order, are worthless.  Any time you tell the FBI "you can't talk to witnesses X and Y, I don't care what reasons you might find for doing so," the investigation is worthless.  It's not about the FBI.  It's about the pathetic fucking losers in the White House and Senate who purposefully limited the FBI's investigation.  It's like saying "hey, I gave the ball to Vince Young, it's on him for not scoring!" when you ALSO instructed him to take a knee three plays in a row.

I understand that the FBI is under executive authority, but what I don't understand is how an investigative agency can be ordered to limit their investigation. Does that work in all fields of legal investigation? I understand not looking at things that aren't explicitly relevant, but not even interviewing the accusers and witnesses to the same, or related crimes, is really fucked up.

2 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

How is one person one vote completely ignoring the Montana voter in a presidential election?

Because I don't think a USA that is basically run by the folks in 4 States is a better USA than what we have now. You want to see a divide in this country go to popular vote for President.

Just my opinion and not really a topic for this thread. I believe there is another thread about this on this board so I will withdraw from this argument on this thread.

1 hour ago, Newy25 said:

I honest to God do not even know what you are talking about. 

You demanded an FBI investigation into the sexual assault allegation. The FBI interviewed everyone Ford said was there or could vouch for her story. They did. They came up with exactly no one that could verify her story.  If Senators had not voted to confirm him it would have been out of mob rule and not any kind of finding of fact. 

You are simply upset that your preferred outcome did not happen. That’s not injustice.  That’s democracy. 

His response is right out of the Liberal playbook. They agreed to the terms then bitched when the truth bit them in the ass again. They usd this woman as a tool to attack an innocent man and are kicking her to the curb now that their insane gamble failed. Feinstein should rot in hell for leaking her name against her wishes. The moral and intellectual bankruptcy of the left is a sight to behold.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Just like to remind Brisket of all the shit I took nine months ago for calling for the hard left to go scorched earth on Trumpism as opposed to some measured moderate that will just coddle these traitors. 

You’ll get them Duke Boys yet.  

Muh Russia.  

Just now, Jim Tom Pinch said:

His response is right out of the Liberal playbook. They agreed to the terms then bitched when the truth bit them in the ass again. They usd this woman as a tool to attack an innocent man and are kicking her to the curb now that their insane gamble failed. Feinstein should rot in hell for leaking her name against her wishes. The moral and intellectual bankruptcy of the left is a sight to behold.

Hey dipshit, the few Republican "centrists" were the ones who called for this investigation. Is it physically painful to be this stupid?

• Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Newy25 said:

So was this about his beer consumption in college or the alleged sexual assault in high school?  I was under the impression the issue was the Ford allegation in high school. 

The scope of the investigation was to determine if he assualted Ford. They could not find any evidence he did. 

You can’t reason with the mentally ill.

58 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I’m patient.

Your merciless pain and suffering will be worth the wait. Maybe not today. Or tomorrow. But someday. And the longer we wait, the worse we’ll make it.

I’m good with that. Revenge. Served cold. It’s best.

You should really seek professional help. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

18 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Where's your ranch?

This reminds me of one of the top five funniest internet exchanges I've ever had. On another forum there was some discussion on suits and footwear,  and this one dude who went by 27 Ranch got more and more absurd with some random 'rules' that his provincial haberdasher and/or maybe father imparted on him as the gospel. When confronted by basic evidence he just dug in more and more until the mods had to lock the thread. 

I actually bookmarked it to go back an laugh every now and then.

1 minute ago, Jack Burton said:

Exactly, it's not true

Never heard of a devils triangle until this Kavanaugh confirmation. I was in high school about the same timeframe as when all this went down. I would been a few years behind them.

Is this a newer term?

• Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

We win. That’s the truth. The coalition that is supposed to create the blue wave in Texas is highly dependent on Latinos. Lucky for us Latino Texans are much more conservative than their brethren in California. Additionally, their voter participation is very low too. The only real sector I’m concerned about is upper middle class whites, especially women abandoning the GOP. We can withstand some losses from women and we will have men vote for the GOP even if they wouldn’t it admit it publically (sic). It blows my mind that Culberson is actually challenged in TX-7 when it has been reliably Republican since HW’s time. I hope he doesn’t lose his seat

For the life of me, I can't understand why.

19 minutes ago, bolverk said:

I understand that the FBI is under executive authority, but what I don't understand is how an investigative agency can be ordered to limit their investigation. Does that work in all fields of legal investigation? I understand not looking at things that aren't explicitly relevant, but not even interviewing the accusers and witnesses to the same, or related crimes, is really fucked up.

It was pretty brilliant of the WH and the Senate Rs, in a Stalinist, Who's On First kind of way. Any time somebody asked the WH who was directing the FBI investigation, they said the Senate was, and vice versa. No one will ever know the truth. I guess it was one of Cheeto's minions (McGahn), like always, who was carrying out his orders.

You should really seek professional help. 

For what? For looking forward to and enjoying the suffering of my political enemies? Why would I need help? I’m literally employing the exact same ethos that presently governs our country. Are you saying that the ethos of slurping up sweet libtears, no matter the cost to the Republic, is not good for us?

1 hour ago, Crusher said:

Herein lies the problem with the Democrats throughout the Presidential Election up to and including the Kavanaugh confirmation process. This kind of elitism BS is exactly what got them to pull the lever for Trump in the first place.

Why should your opinion matter more than some dude in Montana? Because your better educated? Because you live in a more densely populated city or state?

Fuck rednecks with too much say? They have the exact amount of say that you do. 1 vote. Are you saying their vote should count less? How much less? Your vote  = 100 % , their vote 50% of yours? Or 25%?

Get ready for more of dudes from Montana voting , some for the first time in their lives in November.

You completely missed the point. There are ~1 million people in Montana. There are ~39 million people in California. And they both get two votes tomorrow. Fuck. Travis County has more people than the state of Montana.

The ONE "redneck" in Montana has a MUCH larger voice in the Senate than any resident of Austin.

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

30 minutes ago, Crusher said:

Never heard of a devils triangle until this Kavanaugh confirmation. I was in high school about the same timeframe as when all this went down. I would been a few years behind them.

Is this a newer term?

No, you fucking moron.

1 hour ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

We win. That’s the truth. The coalition that is supposed to create the blue wave in Texas is highly dependent on Latinos. Lucky for us Latino Texans are much more conservative than their brethren in California. Additionally, their voter participation is very low too. The only real sector I’m concerned about is upper middle class whites, especially women abandoning the GOP. We can withstand some losses from women and we will have men vote for the GOP even if they wouldn’t it admit it publically. It blows my mind that Culberson is actually challenged in TX-7 when it has been reliably Republican since HW’s time. I hope he doesn’t lose his seat

Shapiro quoted a new poll on his podcast today.  When Kavanaugh was announced as Trump's nominee Democrats were +14 with women,  at the end of September Democrats were +1 with women.  Not Republican women, all women.

• Like 1

History will record this episode as MaCarthyism part II
again. If Dr Ford has any credible corroborating evidence she should immediately file a complaint with the Maryland Police. The the investigation go where ever it leads. 
Or is the truth just for show?  Quit posturing. 
Attempted rape was subject to a one year statute of limitations in Maryland then. They cannot investigate, you fucking moron.