Brett Kavanaugh Confirmation Thread

Hugo Stiglitz

6 hours ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Soros is hated in Israel too. With regard to Israel, all he has said that “it has a right to exist”. He is a leftist who supports open borders and agitates against nationalists all over the globe. Fuck him

Again, no proof, only accusations.  What I expected.  

35 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

If you think the GOP victim complex is bad now, just wait until they don’t control every lever of political power.

The irony with you guys is rich. Especially on a several page thread where you have constantly bitched about the mean Republicans doing unspeakable things like voting to suppress your rights. 

This entire Kavanaugh thread is one big, vagina rubbing exercise in crying about not getting the outcome you desired. And then labeling others as playing the victim card?

Rich. 

Edited by Newy25
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

I’m not loyal to the GOP you unhinged buffoon. I’d be happy to support the perfect political party, though, if you want to create one. Heck I’d probably support your party over GOPs tbh 

You said this 5 hours ago

Yes, Tha TURTLE!!!11 Big win for the good guys. That's about all I think needs to be said about that, no need to gloat, let's move on and Make America Great Again.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

It doesn’t matter if Kav is innocent or guilty.  It doesn’t matter if you believe Dr Ford or not. The country suffers because of this.

It could have been so easily avoidable by putting up a better nominee, they could have even been more conservative.  But no because fuck half the country. They don’t matter.  This government serves the ruling class only.  Deal with it.  That “we the people” shit died a little bit more today. 

Congrats GOP

It could have been avoided even easier if the Democrat Senators wouldn't have acted like total twats during the entire hearing process.

16 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

History will record this episode as MaCarthyism part II

again. If Dr Ford has any credible corroborating evidence she should immediately file a complaint with the Maryland Police. The the investigation go where ever it leads. 

Or is the truth just for show?  Quit posturing. 

She had her testimony under oath and willingness to cooperate with FBI.  The only witness that can corroborate the allegation is Judge who was too busy deleting his weirdo youtube channel of him paying women to lay on beds looking lifeless.

Oh, and here are the videos if you want to watch.

https://judgeleaks.com/

1 hour ago, bolverk said:

I understand that the FBI is under executive authority, but what I don't understand is how an investigative agency can be ordered to limit their investigation. Does that work in all fields of legal investigation? I understand not looking at things that aren't explicitly relevant, but not even interviewing the accusers and witnesses to the same, or related crimes, is really fucked up.

This wasn't a criminal investigation where they follow all leads, ect. This was a supplemental background check, so there was a scope made up of who they could interview. The restraint was for time, mainly, I think. The pubs didn't want them chasing things down and delaying the vote. So it was limited. Also, because they didn't want shit dug up. The time crunch was their main worry.

10 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

I just read here that accusation is in fact, evidence. 

Do you have a learning disability? A person's sworn testimony is evidence and is enough to convict. If you are still having trouble with the concept, I can try and break it down further but I'm not sure there's much more I can do. 

1 minute ago, burntorangebongos said:

This wasn't a criminal investigation where they follow all leads, ect. This was a supplemental background check, so there was a scope made up of who they could interview. The restraint was for time, mainly, I think. The pubs didn't want them chasing things down and delaying the vote. So it was limited. Also, because they didn't want shit dug up. The time crunch was their main worry.

Per the Times article:

DoyaM3VW4AYUmY-.jpg:large

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/05/us/politics/trump-kavanaugh-fbi.html?action=click&module=Spotlight&pgtype=Homepage

Excuse me? Fox News has 100% had a direct effect on my in-laws political views. As a percentage of the voting population, I think it affects a significant portion of the Republican bloc.  It shouldn't be real news, but it absolutely is. To a lot of people. 

You mean they had different views and Fox convinced them to change, or Fox simply told them what they already believed to be true?

And congrats, they are part of the one percent of the population who watches. My dad is too.

1 minute ago, williemackgarza said:

Look it up. Stop watchin maher, who is funny as hell by the way.

Did you also believe you could keep your doctor and plan, and the cost you pay would go down.
Did that ring true for you?

You have proof that President Obama wiretapped Trump Tower? Cite it.

As for as me keeping my doctor and my plan, I have never been on the ACA so no I didn't lose my doctor; however it is estimated that only 2% of people had to change doctors and it was because some doctors wouldn't accept people using the ACA. Some doctors didn't meet the basic standards, which were good standards, so patients had to find new doctors, which again, was good for those patients.

Your reasoning in your post makes no sense. 

5 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Not in my lifetime.

But I think we should go back to that.  Again, no half-measures.  This the world we live in.  The GOP wants Thunderdome.  Give it to them.

This is so much fucking bullshit.  Show me the Democrat politicians that are being chased out of restaurants by mobs of Republicans,  show me the Democrat politicians that can't get on an elevator in Washington D.C. without some Republican dipshit screaming shit in their face,  show me the Republican politician encouraging their constituents to harass Democratic politicians and government officials wherever they go,  show me the Democrat politician who had their doors of their office forced open by Republican protesters.  The motherfucking hate is coming from you shitfucks and has been for two years now. 

• Like 6

38 minutes ago, bolverk said:

You completely missed the point. There are ~1 million people in Montana. There are ~39 million people in California. And they both get two votes tomorrow. Fuck. Travis County has more people than the state of Montana.

The ONE "redneck" in Montana has a MUCH larger voice in the Senate than any resident of Austin.

I said I wasn't going to thread shit on that Kavanaugh topic anymore but I want to answer this.

The Senate was especially meant to give equal representation to lower population areas. If you went strictly population based Senate representation then the big four I mentioned earlier would control 33 % of the Senate. Most cultural issues of the day would be settled by NY and California vs Texas and Florida. The deciding votes going to Ohio and the rest of the 5 - 12 populous states. A bunch of people in the rust belt would still be settling the debates over most national interests while the dude in Montana feels left out. At least under the current state the dude in Montana feels represented.

Just now, EMAWesome said:

This is so much fucking bullshit.  Show me the Democrat politicians that are being chased out of restaurants by mobs of Republicans,  show me the Democrat politicians that can't get on an elevator in Washington D.C. without some Republican dipshit screaming shit in their face,  show me the Republican politician encouraging their constituents to harass Democratic politicians and government officials wherever they go,  show me the Democrat politician who had their doors of their office forced open by Republican protesters.  The motherfucking hate is coming from you shitfucks and has been for two years now. 

If the Democrats were the ones covering for a bunch of rapists, they'd be getting the same backlash.

is echo chamber the new cuck? I can't keep up with all these conservative buzzwords. is there a quarterly newsletter that tells everyone the correct jargon for that term?
you guys could not be more obvious with this shit. think for your fucking self. quit being a goddamn parrot.

There’s a monthly old rich white guy patriarchy meeting. I can get you on the list if you want.

2 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

I think it's better that we show these Republicans where the safe space is, right?

Why are they complaining so hard, the recucks?

All these pissed off women won't let Republican senators eat dinner in peace just because the Republican senators cover for rapists and degrade rape victims and want to make it illegal for women to decide what happens inside their own bodies, boo fucking hoo.  It's so unfair!  This is a really scary time for white men in this country.

It would make a good satire if you idiots weren't so serious about it.

• Like 2

Oh.  Wow.  You mean....lying matters?  Get the fuck out of here with that shit.
Let's get one thing straight -- lying is now the ONLY currency that has value.  The Dems need to get the fuck on board that train, and start stimulating the lying economy.  Because they're getting fucking CRUSHED by the opposing propaganda machine.  Granted, the governments of TWO countries are backing that machine, but still, the Dems need to get on their horse.  There's only one rule of this game now:
200.gif

I’m getting a kick out of this pedestal that you’re putting the Dems on.

7 hours ago, David Dennison said:

And that enthusiasm disappears on the Republican side the minute he's confirmed.

Not so much on the Democratic side.

More proof you are an idiot.  If it had been a normal Sotomayer/Kagen/Gorsuch/etc. confirmation process you would probably be right but conservatives aren't going to forget what the Demoncrats tried to do to Kavanaugh in a month.  A lot of them are never going to forget it.   

I have the choice this year of voting for Kris Kobach or Laura Kelly for governor.   I hate Kobach.  He is an ambitious grandstanding politician with an unappetizing hint of Brownback political philosophy in him.  I don't know much about Kelly but she seems relatively tame and middle of the roadish for a Democrat.  If this was the last election cycle I would have voted for her.  But now she had a (D) in front of her name so I will not vote for her no matter what.  I probably won't vote for Kobach either but if I do vote he is my only option barring some goofy third party candidate popping up on the ballot.  This will be my mindset from now until there is an absolutely complete and total purge of current leadership in the Democrat party.  The party is dead to me.  In its current form it is unAmerican and evil.  It's political platform consists of nothing but complete and total lust for power and control by any means necessary.  The most authoritarian political party in American politics I have ever seen in my life and that includes the idiotic white nationalist split off parties of the past thirty years. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Horn Dog said:

Bullshit.  Did you see how he put that female senator in her place and asked her how she likes to party?  He has a HUGE dick...like over 3 inches at least.

When someone asks you if you've ever blacked out, and you respond by asking them if they've ever blacked out, you're saying yes, you've blacked out. 

4 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

In its current form it is unAmerican and evil.  It's political platform consists of nothing but complete and total lust for power and control by any means necessary.  The most authoritarian political party in American politics I have ever seen in my life and that includes the idiotic white nationalist split off parties of the past thirty years. 

Haha. This is good stuff.

Edited by Yuk

Why do people insist on debating Dr. Ford?
Either you’re capable of evaluating another person’s credibility on your own or you’re not. 
If you think she was lying fine.  Fucking say it.
But this “she was credible and telling the truth but Kavanaugh is innocent” is laughable.
Like I said before, what you believe is irrelevant in this case because half the country was heartbroken today.  This could have been prevented if only someone in a leadership position could handle not having Kavanaugh on the Supreme Court. 
Apparently that ask was way too high. 
Why? 

Because the ONLY credible answer that comes from critical thought is “I don’t know.” You CAN’T KNOW. None of us were there and none of us know these people. But apparently that level of humility is too much for anyone on either side.

Either one could be telling the truth. Either one could be lying. You do. Not. Know.

3 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

How much do the Democrats care about Kavanaugh’s wife and daughters? Oh right, fuck them.

Right.  Accused rapists should never have to explain themselves, lest we hurt the women who care about them that they, presumably, haven't raped. This is as close as the right can get to giving a single fuck about women.  Amazing.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Foosters said:

Do you have a learning disability? A person's sworn testimony is evidence and is enough to convict. If you are still having trouble with the concept, I can try and break it down further but I'm not sure there's much more I can do. 

I think he was trying to be clever with me since I said Icono's allegations against Soros should be held up as proof.  And I am still waiting on the goods on Soros, not just regurgitated Fox sound bites.   

1 minute ago, TexArcher said:

Right.  Accused rapists should never have to explain themselves, lest we hurt the women who care about them that they, presumably, haven't raped. This is as close as the right can get to giving a single fuck about women.  Amazing.

So for you Accused = Guilty. Yes?

1 minute ago, pyrohornIII said:

I think he was trying to be clever with me since I said Icono's allegations against Soros should be held up as proof.  And I am still waiting on the goods on Soros, not just regurgitated Fox sound bites.   

I expect some Surly poster is furiously digging through their facebook memes from other old people.

The party in power doesn’t protest shit. They don’t have to. They use the tools of the state to do their work.

I look forward to the day your children are taken from you, and you have no idea how to even find them. No protesters did that. People wearing the uniforms of our country did.

We could go on, but you wouldn’t give a fuck. Cruelty is a feature, not a bug.

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

My wish and hope is simple. It is not for these weapons to go away. No, we can’t get that genie back in the bottle. Rather, I wish for the purest justice. I pray that the weapons unleashed by the regime that you cheer veer from their intended trajectory - the scared brown people, the uneducated coal miners, the struggling working class - and aim themselves squarely at you.

The advantage with weaponizing coal miners is that they already come equipped with pickaxes.  

Just for a minute try to resist confirmation bias and try to think critically.
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

The party in power doesn’t protest shit. They don’t have to. They use the tools of the state to do their work.

I look forward to the day your children are taken from you, and you have no idea how to even find them. No protesters did that. People wearing the uniforms of our country did.

We could go on, but you wouldn’t give a fuck. Cruelty is a feature, not a bug.

Actually representatives of our county and state government do that everyday. Usually in the uniform of the CPS, which is casual office attire. Any time that authorities feel that a child may be in danger or in an unhealthy environment they have the right to separate those children from their parents.

39 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

=The restraint was for time, mainly, I think. 

There was a one week restraint put on it by Flake when he suggested it.  Any other restriction on who the FBI could and could not talk to was solely made as a result of political bullshit trying to hide the truth from the FBI background check and then Congress.

Gah, I should know better than to be in here on my drinking night.

I’ll leave it at this: Kavanaugh demonstrated to me that he should not be confirmed because he didn’t have the balls to own his own shithead teenage past.

But this idea that he’s definitely a sexual assaulter or gang rapist just because someone said so, someone who was refuted by every other person even remotely involved, and that this means that Republicans are enabling rapists is just insane. It holds no water against any logic or critical thinking.

So great: the guy I don’t like is getting confirmed, somehow that’s translated into Republicans enabling rapists, and I showed my ass on the CR on a Friday night. Swell.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Crusher said:

Actually representatives of our county and state government do that everyday. Usually in the uniform of the CPS, which is casual office attire. Any time that authorities feel that a child may be in danger or in an unhealthy environment they have the right to separate those children from their parents.

So if we're following your logic, it's a healthy, normal thing putting kids in cages with no bed?

2 minutes ago, Yuk said:

So if we're following your logic, it's a healthy, normal thing putting kids in cages with no bed?

No. People do a lot of unhealthy things every day. I am just saying that it was nothing new.

Edited by Crusher

2 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Brisket is right on the general. We are fucked.  Our politics are totally fucking toxic. I don't see how we pull out of it. Death spiral full ahead. If I was you I would make sure you have enough ammo for you and the neighbors on both sides of you. 

True.  He's also right that this is not rock bottom, as Collins emptily hoped.

No I don’t automatically believe all accusers. That’s stupid. I take every situation on a case by case basis and weigh the facts presented and the story from each side.

I believe Dr. Ford.

But irrespective of that, Kavanaugh is not up to snuff. He’s an overly emotional naked partisan who’s quick to anger with a propensity for stretching the truth. That’s not Supreme Court material. Add in Dr. Ford’s credible accusation and it’s a hard pass.

But truth and lies and decency don’t matter any more. And that’s fine. When the power is on the other side I’ll enjoy watching people like Lindsey Graham and Chuck Grassley and Susan Collins reap the whirlwind.

More Twitter funnies from The Other Brett Kavanaugh -

7202fbadfc9536e2e5231c49b42f2470.png
163a57709397457b70fd0ff22569a2e2.png
094d4e14e294c8732ab18525838e6270.png
b5eb2cdfe104b6d774e479cdc22280f2.png

• Like 6

Brisket is right on the general. We are fucked.  Our politics are totally fucking toxic. I don't see how we pull out of it. Death spiral full ahead. If I was you I would make sure you have enough ammo for you and the neighbors on both sides of you. 

Hey guys, just a note. When Anastasis and I are reading each other’s posts and nodding in agreement....things are TURBOFUCKED.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1