Brett Kavanaugh Confirmation Thread

Hugo Stiglitz

4 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

He came out immediately and denied being in the same room with her that summer.  He was either being dumb or truthful.  Because you don’t do that without leaving wiggle room.  And her witnesses denied there was any party with the two in the same room.  That sealed it.  Plus gay Graham coming off the top rope and calling Democrats out on their reprehensible actions the last two months. 

Why do you persist in lying?  Her witnesses didn’t say the party didn’t occur?  They said they couldn’t recall.  Which is also how mark judge recalled the encounter.  He can’t recall.  Not exactly the same as saying the event didn’t occur.  

9 minutes ago, horncyclist said:

Anyone following the July 1 calendar entry story? Apparently it's a date on Kavanaugh's calendar that roughly matches Ford's description including several of the people there.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2018/09/27/kavanaugh-is-pressed-key-july-entry-his-calendar-only-point/

Just imagine what the FBI could find.

5 hours ago, Crusher said:

Graham was awesome. You never see a US Senator attack their peers they way he did today. I don't know what else to think but WOW. He even said these guys are my friends but after this? IDK

Imagine if Kamala Harris acted that way yesterday, the Republicans and Fox News would have literally flipped their shit and charges of "angry black woman" would have been flying like mortar fire. Imagine if Dr. Ford behaved the way Kavanaugh did, the two couldn't be more polar opposite in demeanor yesterday. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HOOK'EMHOOAH said:

Wow. Lots of you degenerate fucksticks decided to crawl out of the Hillary thread today...

Hillary ?  You mean the woman married to Bill Clinton ?  

The woman who helped orchestrate the attacks on all the women who came forward with charges of sexual assault by her husband ?  

That Hillary  ?

You mean the woman who fought her entiiiiire career for woman and little girls rights ?  The one who said every woman should be believed when they report sexual assault ?

... unless of course they were accusing her husband of sexually assaulting them..........

That Hillary ?

Exactly what does she have to do with this Kavanaugh bidnezz ?

Or maybe you were talking about another Hillary ??  Sir Edmund maybe ?

Just imagine what the FBI could find.
Yeah. The republicans trying to claim they investigated and that stupid "the FBI doesn't make conclusions" shit. Theres a lot in between republican staffers calling Kavanaugh up to deny the allegation of the day and a conclusion. The lies about the process have me more angry than Kavanaugh's lies.

5 hours ago, Celery Man said:

Helps if you know there absolutely will not be any sort of investigation.

Local PD is who would conduct and investigation, not the FBI.  That's their job and you have pretty good odds the left will pressure them into doing it. 

If he called for an FBI investigation to "clear his name" the dems would argue you can't seat a judge that is under investigation. Then it would encourage others to "bravely come forward" with more allegations no matter how credible.   You'd never seat any judge 

Normally all these kinds of allegations are kept behind closed doors for a reason. 

From what I saw yesterday, Ford was lying with regard to her phobia of flying and that is enough to cast doubt on her story.  She has too many holes in her memory for her to be considered reliable.  This story never should have been made public.

• Like 1

Local PD is who would conduct and investigation, not the FBI.  That's their job and you have pretty good odds the left will pressure them into doing it. 
If he called for an FBI investigation to "clear his name" the dems would argue you can't seat a judge that is under investigation. Then it would encourage others to "bravely come forward" with more allegations no matter how credible.   You'd never seat any judge 
Normally all these kinds of allegations are kept behind closed doors for a reason. 
From what I saw yesterday, Ford was lying with regard to her phobia of flying and that is enough to cast doubt on her story.  She has too many holes in her memory for her to be considered reliable.  This story never should have been made public.
FBI investigation into Anita Hill accusations took 3 days.

1 minute ago, Jack said:

Do you believe that kavanaugh was 100% truthful in everything he said?   No to mention that he flat out refused to answer questions that he didn’t want to answer.     In future scotus hearings, it would be interesting if an arguing attorney refuses to answer his questions.

29 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Why do you persist in lying?  Her witnesses didn’t say the party didn’t occur?  They said they couldn’t recall.  Which is also how mark judge recalled the encounter.  He can’t recall.  Not exactly the same as saying the event didn’t occur.  

You are arguing semantics.  It's the proper way to answer the question when you are under oath so you don't get caught in a perjury trap.  We don't even know whose house this supposedly occurred at.

• Fuck You 1

3 hours ago, Ted Lange said:

I asked you a day ago about having the FBI look into it...and your reply was?  

I don't know why they wouldn't welcome the FBI to come in and investigate this issue.  If nothing is found, that makes the charges look even more like political maneuvering. That would appear to me to be a win win for the republicans if nothing credible is found.  

We gave you exactly what you asked for, are you satisfied ?  Kavanaughs sidestepping of that request looked bad every time he did it.

Just now, Jack said:

You are arguing semantics.  It's the proper way to answer the question when you are under oath so you don't get caught in a perjury trap.  We don't even know whose house this supposedly occurred at.

It’s the proper way to get out of lying.    I don’t want to admit something so I say I don’t recall.  

Just now, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Do you believe that kavanaugh was 100% truthful in everything he said?   No to mention that he flat out refused to answer questions that he didn’t want to answer.     In future scotus hearings, it would be interesting if an arguing attorney refuses to answer his questions.

I think he was.  I think a lot of the questions were political grandstanding and I don't count the 5+ times they asked him "why don't you ask for an investigation" as a legit question.

• Fuck You 2

According to the internet, it was probably Tim Guadettes house.

This story isn't done. Republicans had no interest in getting to the bottom of this and when it looked like might actually sink him halfway through the hearing yesterday, they attacked the process.

1 minute ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

It’s the proper way to get out of lying.    I don’t want to admit something so I say I don’t recall.  

Do you recall every single person you've met at a party?  I certainly don't.  He's a judge, he knows the tricks.

3 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

Dynamite drop in Monty.  

First of all, I work nights so the majority of anything I said was during the early part of the day before I went to sleep. This was my first opportunity to check surly because I was busy at work and finally found a moment to check this. Otherwise, when I'm not busy, I'm a pretty active member, just not where the alt-right and neo-cons hangout because they cant let go of hillary...

3 hours ago, Crusher said:

Nothing to say at all...

I have plenty to say. Starting with I find it appalling that anyone would even conceive of victim shaming somebody who's experienced the trauma of sexual assault. Dr. Ford requested and agreed that an FBI investigation should take place to ensure that a thorough and conclusive fact-finding mission into this is done appropriately. The same can not be said for your boy, your boy's nominee, or your boy's minions. If there truly is nothing to find, then there should be nothing to be afraid of if an investigation is conducted. One thing I am sure of though, kavanaugh showed his ass today and just how unfit he is to be on the supreme court.

As for Graham calling out the Democrats for their actions, I take issue with anyone who doesn't take the appropriate actions into getting something as heinous as the alleged crime investigated. I dont give a single fuck about any reelection cycle and neither should anyone else. A person multiple reports of sexual assault is currently nominated for the supreme court. Every single one of them needs to be investigated because our nation deserves to know the truth about a person who may decide the Constitutionality of our laws in the coming years.

For the record, again, I am not a Democrat or a Republican and I did not vote for either party's Candidate in this last election.

5 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

I don't know why they wouldn't welcome the FBI to come in and investigate this issue.  If nothing is found, that makes the charges look even more like political maneuvering. That would appear to me to be a win win for the republicans if nothing credible is found.  

We gave you exactly what you asked for, are you satisfied ?  Kavanaughs sidestepping of that request looked bad every time he did it.

If they opened an investigation for this, they would have to open one for every frivolous claim that the news is willing to print. This is why allegations like this are supposed to be dealt with during closed sessions.  Feinstein fucked this up.

• Fuck You 2

19 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Hillary ?  You mean the woman married to Bill Clinton ?  

The woman who helped orchestrate the attacks on all the women who came forward with charges of sexual assault by her husband ?  

That Hillary  ?

You mean the woman who fought her entiiiiire career for woman and little girls rights ?  The one who said every woman should be believed when they report sexual assault ?

... unless of course they were accusing her husband of sexually assaulting them..........

That Hillary ?

Exactly what does she have to do with this Kavanaugh bidnezz ?

Or maybe you were talking about another Hillary ??  Sir Edmund maybe ?

I'm referring to the people of this site that live in the "Hillary will never be president" thread in that post. I dont give a shit about Hillary as she is not relevant to anything presently taking place unless someone wants to get into degrees of separation, which is a stupid game.

6 minutes ago, horncyclist said:

They played it at church after football practice and daily respecting women routine.

Yeah i'm sure that Kavanaugh was secretly leading cannibalistic blood orgys. We need an immediate FBI investigation over this.   

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

Believe what you want.  We are writing the max check tomorrow.  And I’m getting all my right leaning friends and family to donate and vote.  I’ve been pretty much a slacktivist donating a few hundred here and there to politicians I like.  And always voting.  Never straight ticket   Because I especially hate that for judges.  That’s over for me.  And it is over for my wife.  Who until the last few years leaned left.  She’s evolved righter than me   

But screw it.  I’m not Jamail but donating $10k is baby shit to us.  I’d pay that to watch rats fuck.  And I’m going to get others to do the same.  I’m a small fry.  But I’m motivated now.  Going to put a sign out and get every right leaning person I know to give and vote.  

Probably won’t matter.  But it matters to me.  

Quoted again for the lulz. Uh oh, Johnny sack was all set to vote for some Dems but now he’s mad and writing 10k checks all over the place because that’s nothing to the sack.

How drunk were you when you posted this?  Paying to watch rats fuck? Does that really cost 10k? Because I think you should have another go tonight. Thanks for the laughs. 

• Like 2

Just now, Jack said:

If they opened an investigation for this, they would have to open one for every frivolous claim that the news is willing to print. This is why allegations like this are supposed to be dealt with during closed sessions.  Feinstein fucked this up.

No they don't.

Charges of sexual assault are not in any way frivolous.  I don't know the ins and out of closed session vs. general open investigations, and I'm highly skeptical of Feinsteins line that the leak didn't come from her office. I think she was always intending to use this if things started going south for the democrats.   If that was the way it should have been handled, that cat is now out of the bag. So doing the next best thing is to have the FBI look into the charges and present their filings before committee.

SCOTUS is the highest court in the land, and confirming a judge with this hanging over is head is very very bad. Personally, if I'm charged for something I didn't do, I'm screaming for any law enforcement agency I can get to help clear my name.  

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Jack said:

Do you recall every single person you've met at a party?  I certainly don't.  He's a judge, he knows the tricks.

I was talking about mike judge not recalling if he was at a party where he pushed kavanaugh off ford.    I’m pretty sure judge isn’t a judge.

i can say that i never had to push a friend off a girl before.   And I would state that in an investigation or in front of the senate.   I would hide behind any recollection statement.    And if I’m on a jury, I would take a “I don’t recall” as a neutral statement at best.  It doesn’t back one person over another.  

5 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

Believe what you want.  We are writing the max check tomorrow.  And I’m getting all my right leaning friends and family to donate and vote.  I’ve been pretty much a slacktivist donating a few hundred here and there to politicians I like.  And always voting.  Never straight ticket   Because I especially hate that for judges.  That’s over for me.  And it is over for my wife.  Who until the last few years leaned left.  She’s evolved righter than me   

But screw it.  I’m not Jamail but donating $10k is baby shit to us.  I’d pay that to watch rats fuck.  And I’m going to get others to do the same.  I’m a small fry.  But I’m motivated now.  Going to put a sign out and get every right leaning person I know to give and vote.  

Probably won’t matter.  But it matters to me.  

Do it.  Post a pic of the check!  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I was talking about mike judge not recalling if he was at a party where he pushed kavanaugh off ford.    I’m pretty sure judge isn’t a judge.

i can say that i never had to push a friend off a girl before.   And I would state that in an investigation or in front of the senate.   I would hide behind any recollection statement.    And if I’m on a jury, I would take a “I don’t recall” as a neutral statement at best.  It doesn’t back one person over another.  

You are conflating two separate issues.  He denies the event took place and does not recall ever being at a party this woman describes from 35 years ago.  If Mr Judge has an attorney, that's how the response should be written.  You are grasping for straws with that one.

8 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

No they don't.

Charges of sexual assault are not in any way frivolous.

They most certainly can be.  Is English your second language?Frivolous means that the accusation has no merit.  I could claim that some guy raped me 35 years ago and told me his handle on surlyhorns is "Onboard 2.0".  That would be a frivolous claim if i pursued it.  If I made that claim during your job interview would you call for an FBI investigation.  Can you say for certain we've never been in the same room or at the same party? 

This is a claim that would never have even gotten a warrant, much less have charges brought against the judge. 

Personally, I think she was lying about the whole thing.  I know that's not the politically correct thing to say but she was caught in a lie on the stand at least twice.  She knew damn well that the republicans were willing to fly out there because it was one of the offers she flat out rejected.  She also lied about her fear of flying.  She wanted the public hearing.  She even plugged her gofundme yesterday for god's sake.

12 minutes ago, Jack said:

You are conflating two separate issues.  He denies the event took place and does not recall ever being at a party this woman describes from 35 years ago.  If Mr Judge has an attorney, that's how the response should be written.  You are grasping for straws with that one.

You can say I’m grasping for straws but you are,  mike judge didn’t deny the event occurred.  I’m reading his words.  

An attorney would tell his client to never positively deny an event occurred or didn’t occur?  Bs.     You wouldn’t like me on any trial associated with you or your friends.   You give your friend an alibi with a few I don’t recall statements and your statement will start to act in the opposite direction.

6 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Tha's a sad commentary. The FBI is supposed to be law enforcement, not party enforcement, but that's where we are today it appears. Entrenched bureaucracy is a bad thing, and eventually taints everything.

So when the FBI cleared Kav through it's background checks, that was good GOP FBI. But if the FBI investigates Kav and finds that he tried to rape Ford, that would be evil Deep State FBI, even though the FBI had been under a Dem administration for at least some of the time it cleared him, and is now under a GOP administration. With yet another Republican director. Got it. 

Yes Jack, people intentionally lie under oath all the time and very publically so that they will receive death threats and have to move their family so that a conservative judge can't make it to SCOTUS. They also talk about said assault years before such a hearing would take place because we have to ensure no single conservative white man gets a fair shake in this country.

Holy shit did you get your degree from UT?

The flying thing is so stupid to consider a lie. I know very good friends that are afraid of flying. One sucks it up and does it all the time since she's not going to let it stop her from enjoying her life. The other has to for work and doesn't have a choice. A damn good paying job requires it. There are lots of people like this. They hate it but they'll medicate or grit their teeth. That means nothing.

Just now, Nice Guy Eddie said:

You can say I’m grasping for straws but you are,  mike judge didn’t deny the event occurred.  I’m reading his words.  

An attorney would tell his client to never positively deny an event occurred or didn’t occur?  Bs.     You wouldn’t like me on any trial associated with you or your friends.   You give your friend an alibi with a few I don’t recall statements and your statement will start to act in the opposite direction.

It’s just absolutely nuts. I never saw Brett act that way.”  https://hotair.com/archives/2018/09/15/mark-judge-undermining-friend-brett-kavanaugh/

7 hours ago, Chrispy said:

I’m here for the same reason we’re all here; namely that we have too much free time on our hands. I’m not trolling you, I’m just a conservative that thinks you’re a wackjob. I would love to take you seriously, but espousing civil war and succession makes it rather difficult. Also, your last two posts have me sucking someone off and masturbating, if nothing else I’ve contributed to your spank bank. Sweet dreams Fondren. 

I’m here to change hearts and minds. 

7 hours ago, David Dennison said:

He still doesn't have the votes.

Then why are you so mad?

45 minutes ago, HOOK'EMHOOAH said:

First of all, I work nights so the majority of anything I said was during the early part of the day before I went to sleep. This was my first opportunity to check surly because I was busy at work and finally found a moment to check this. Otherwise, when I'm not busy, I'm a pretty active member, just not where the alt-right and neo-cons hangout because they cant let go of hillary...

I have plenty to say. Starting with I find it appalling that anyone would even conceive of victim shaming somebody who's experienced the trauma of sexual assault. Dr. Ford requested and agreed that an FBI investigation should take place to ensure that a thorough and conclusive fact-finding mission into this is done appropriately. The same can not be said for your boy, your boy's nominee, or your boy's minions. If there truly is nothing to find, then there should be nothing to be afraid of if an investigation is conducted. One thing I am sure of though, kavanaugh showed his ass today and just how unfit he is to be on the supreme court.

As for Graham calling out the Democrats for their actions, I take issue with anyone who doesn't take the appropriate actions into getting something as heinous as the alleged crime investigated. I dont give a single fuck about any reelection cycle and neither should anyone else. A person multiple reports of sexual assault is currently nominated for the supreme court. Every single one of them needs to be investigated because our nation deserves to know the truth about a person who may decide the Constitutionality of our laws in the coming years.

For the record, again, I am not a Democrat or a Republican and I did not vote for either party's Candidate in this last election.

Well you anger is misplaced. Diane is on the commitite tasked with confirmation. She failed at her job by hiding this and then leaking it. There is a reason they didn’t immediately call for a FBI investigation in July. Because based on what we have heard there is nothing to pursue. 

That was the biggest problem. A real investigation, done through the correct channels would have dismissed this immediately and IT WOULD HAVE NEVER BEEN RELEASED TO THE PUBLIC. the one thing no matter what, the Democrats could not have. Dragging a confused victim and her family into a circus while destroying a father and husband for their own gains. 

Publicity was their only goal, if investigated in private they don’t get to grandstand and the confirmation is over before it starts. 

Use some common sense. 

Edited by ChickenSandwich
  • Like 1

Reread his letter he sent the SJC last night. “Yadayada...Brett Kavanaugh and I were friends in high school, but have not spoken directly in several years. I do not recall the events described by Dr Ford in her testimony before the US Senate Judiciary Committee today. I never saw Brett act in the manner Dr. Ford describes.”

2nd sentence is neutral to an investigation or jury. 3rd is not.

I guess maybe later he can claim he saw BK’s drunk alter ego named Bart O’k acted in such a manner, but I’d say that’s a positive denial.
  • Like 1

Brief preface: I find everything about Trump and those he’s surrounded with disgusting people and a cancer to democracy. 

Yesterday, I watched 5-6 hrs of the hearing.  By lunch I was more or less 100% in Ford’s camp.  By the time BK was finished last night, I believed almost every word of his story.  

I think both are telling what they believe are the truth but I’m more inclined to side with BK due to lack of any real evidence or corroboration on Ford’s part (which sucks after 3.5 decades but is definitely part of the equation).  His defensive demeanor was cute at first but grew tiresome.  I’m not certain I love seeing a SPJ lose his temper so quickly, but *IF* the accusations are false, I understand his position.   

I would absolutely like to see and FBI though but unfortunately we’ll never see one.  

• Like 1

Just now, Jack said:

It’s just absolutely nuts. I never saw Brett act that way.”  https://hotair.com/archives/2018/09/15/mark-judge-undermining-friend-brett-kavanaugh/

Act in what way?  What question is he answering.  If judge doesn’t think jumping on top of ford was sexual assault, then he is telling the truth when asked did kavanaugh sexually assault ford.   We have a witness to an accusation of sexual assault and he’s not being questioned.   

if ford wanted to make up a story, you would never include a witness that is the friend of the person assaulting you.  Never.  That would be the worst story to make up.  In that scenario you added a witness that will never support your story.  You would want to make up the story with just you and kavanaugh in the room without any witnesses. 

And you also conveniently left out the part of the statement where judge doesn’t recall the events.

2 minutes ago, Llano Estacado said:

Reread his letter he sent the SJC last night. “Yadayada...Brett Kavanaugh and I were friends in high school, but have not spoken directly in several years. I do not recall the events described by Dr Ford in her testimony before the US Senate Judiciary Committee today. I never saw Brett act in the manner Dr. Ford describes.”

2nd sentence is neutral to an investigation or jury. 3rd is not.

I guess maybe later he can claim he saw BK’s drunk alter ego named BETO  acted in such a manner, but I’d say that’s a positive denial.

#BeerToo

obviouslt BETO should step down for lying during the debate about his alcohol problem. It’s so bad he didn’t even remeber leaving the scene. 

Lets get justice

Edited by ChickenSandwich

31 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Quoted again for the lulz. Uh oh, Johnny sack was all set to vote for some Dems but now he’s mad and writing 10k checks all over the place because that’s nothing to the sack.

How drunk were you when you posted this?  Paying to watch rats fuck? Does that really cost 10k? Because I think you should have another go tonight. Thanks for the laughs. 

In the anecdotal women’s reaction department:

Both my neighbors(wife of mid 60’s retired couple, 70’s widow) who are definitively not part of Hillary’s deplorables, are steaming pissed at D’s and asking everyone in our neighborhood to call our Senators.  Frankly, it was quite shocking to me as when they knocked on the door last night.  From what I know both have sons my age,  and expressed that as a motivator.

Again, anecdote and I do know women who are all in behind Ford.

In the anecdotal women’s reaction department:
 Both my neighbors(wife of mid 60’s retired couple, 70’s widow) who are definitively not part of Hillary’s deplorables, are steaming pissed at D’s and asking everyone in our neighborhood to call our Senators.  Frankly, it was quite shocking to me as when they knocked on the door last night.  From what I know both have sons my age,  and expressed that as a motivator.
Again, anecdote and I do know women who are all in behind Ford.

No one believes you.