Brett Kavanaugh Confirmation Thread

Hugo Stiglitz

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I getting kinda sick of you trying to out doom and gloom me.  My position has been consistent for a year.  We are fucked for a generation, at least.  The Dems taking over is just going to enrage the Johnny Sacks of the world even more.  

Over the next 10 years, it’s highly likely we have an economic crash and/or a major war plus all the natural disasters on top of it.  We’re fucked.  Our leaders are cowards and puppets bought by some of the worst people in the world.  This was happening before Trump.

The only hope is grassroots mobilization and some kind of enlightenment moment in American civics. My hope is Trump galvanizes such a movement but it might be too late.

pour me a scotch. 

Oh, stop. This is America. It's always been like this. From the very beginning.

• Like 2

The democrats did not leak the story. When only Feinstein's office knew, and as we learned today, there were a group of friends she spoke to at a beach weekend that helped her brainstorm what to do about her story.  Feinstein and her office kept her confidence but I guess one of the friends did not because she was maybe going to not testify at all.

5 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

I'll ask you, specifically @Johnny Sack: setting aside Ford's accusation, are you okay with the blatant perjury you heard from Kavanaugh today? To wit, the "weak stomach" and the shit about his yearbook?

There was no blatant perjury.  The Dems played their little Hail Mary pass.  And lost. Despicable process they just tried.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Men like Johnny are WHY women don’t report these things right away.

I know several women who have been sexual assaulted (can think of 12, if my count is right). 2 of them reported it to someone in authority. The RULE is that women don’t report. And their reasons for not doing so are pretty sound. You’re one of them.

I must be very fortunate to know no where near 12 women who’ve been sexually assaulted. 

Make sure you get your daughter an armed bodyguard Nancy.  Because not fucking over someone over a 36 year old allegation where the alleged victims three named witnesses don’t corroborate her story means it is open season on all women. 

Again, you clearly have no clue how sexual assault victims react to what they’ve been through. I do. I represent them regularly. You have literally no clue what you’re talking about.

1 minute ago, Johnny Sack said:

There was no blatant perjury.  The Dems played their little Hail Mary pass.  And lost. Despicable process they just tried.  

So "boofing" means farting? It's ridiculously silly, but also very serious. If he will lie to the Senate about that, why won't he lie about anything and everything?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Crusher said:

Just interested, but what conservative judge or even any neutral judge would have been acceptable for the swing vote position that Kennedy used to fill?

One that doesn't lie through his teeth about dumb shit like he did today.

One that doesn't embarrass himself and show his unworthiness for the position by having a very public temper tantrum.

The man is not fit to be a Supreme Court justice. He proved today he isn't fit to be a circuit court judge.

8 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

So you think he has the votes?

we know 45 votes are against any GOP nom from the gorsuch vote.  #resist.  

fuck you and your resist bullshit.  A HIGHLY qualified nominee that isn't rapey didn't get a fucking committee hearing, much less a vote.  You're in love with this dickhead because he's a spoiled, entitled little bitch just like the guy that shaves you every morning. 

16 hours ago, GRHorn said:

Whatever happens today, you can be sure that it will prove that his name is cleared/he should go to jail. At this point it doesn’t really matter. Everyone’s mind is made up. He will be confirmed barring something crazy. 

The outlandish/recanted allegations of others were bad for Dems. Give Rs cover to doubt allegations and just confirm him  

Guess I was right. 

2 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

The democrats did not leak the story. When only Feinstein's office knew, and as we learned today, there were a group of friends she spoke to at a beach weekend that helped her brainstorm what to do about her story.  Feinstein and her office kept her confidence but I guess one of the friends did not because she was maybe going to not testify at all.

There were two copies of the letter, Feinstein had one and Eschew(sp?) had the other. Ford testified today her friends didn't have the letter. This is assuming you believe the paper. 

3 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

I must be very fortunate to know no where near 12 women who’ve been sexually assaulted. 

Either that or there must be something different between you and Brisket that impacts their likelihood to confide in you about it.

Edited by ndawg
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

The Dems needed a witness to put them in the same room.   Ford named 3 that night could.  And they didn’t. 

Game over.  

2 of the 3 were BK and MJ. Neither would incriminate himself. I'd be interested in seeing MJ interviewed by the SJC.

1 minute ago, ndawg said:

Either that or there must be something different between you and Brisket that impacts their likelihood to confide in you about it.

Perhaps. 

I can say with some certainty that I don’t know 12 women well enough to have them confide that to me.  That kind of thing doesn’t come up in everyday conversation. Maybe my social circle isn’t big enough. 

8 minutes ago, ERhine said:

Again, you clearly have no clue how sexual assault victims react to what they’ve been through. I do. I represent them regularly. You have literally no clue what you’re talking about.

Some good reading for Johnny. 

1) "Why Don't Victims of Sexual Harassment Come Forward Sooner?" 

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/the-compassion-chronicles/201711/why-dont-victims-sexual-harassment-come-forward-sooner

2) "Why More Women Don't Report Sexual Assaults: A Survivor Speaks Out" 

https://abcnews.go.com/US/women-report-sexual-assaults-survivor-speaks/story?id=57985818

These same dumb narratives (the likes of Johnny) are exhausting. Jesus do some reading and educate yourself. You wonder why people in this thread don't think you give a shit when you don't even have a basic understanding of how sexual violence works. 

Edited by texasstrong12

27 minutes ago, Crusher said:

I believe that President Trump created a list of probable Supreme Court nominees during his candidacy that were shared with the public.

Everyone knew what he was going to do.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/19/us/politics/donald-trump-supreme-court-nominees.html

haha.. he didnt create the list.. it was created by some conservative think tank for whomever the 2016 GOP nominee was going to be.

Just now, texasstrong12 said:

Some good reading for Johnny. 

1) "Why Don't Victims of Sexual Harassment Come Forward Sooner?" 

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/the-compassion-chronicles/201711/why-dont-victims-sexual-harassment-come-forward-sooner

2) "Why More Women Don't Report Sexual Assaults: A Survivor Speaks Out" 

https://abcnews.go.com/US/women-report-sexual-assaults-survivor-speaks/story?id=57985818

These same dumb narratives (the likes of Johnny) are exhausting. Jesus do some reading and educate yourself. 

He doesn't give a fuck.  He's a little GOP cheerleader bitch and nothing more.  He's got his, and he don't give a fuck about some slut or two that had their legs spread apart because they were little whores anyway. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Why don't you?  You offer nothing of value and also don't seem to get anything of value from here.  So why are you here in the first place?

You are a terrible fucking person, whether you're a troll or this is your true persona.  I know you don't lose sleep over it.  So again, why are you here?  Do you jerk off to trolling or something?

I’m here for the same reason we’re all here; namely that we have too much free time on our hands. I’m not trolling you, I’m just a conservative that thinks you’re a wackjob. I would love to take you seriously, but espousing civil war and succession makes it rather difficult. Also, your last two posts have me sucking someone off and masturbating, if nothing else I’ve contributed to your spank bank. Sweet dreams Fondren. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Oh, stop. This is America. It's always been like this. From the very beginning.

Which hasn’t been very long.  This is an experiment and it only works if citizens actively participate with a unified purpose.  Well, when the purpose is to destroy the other side, it’s over. 

That’s where we are.  That’s what we saw today. I can’t believe Kavanaugh even has a law license after that shit today but he’s about to be one of the most powerful people in the country because fuck the libs. 

Sad!

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

4 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Oh, you probably know a lot, unless you live in a monastery. You just don't know you know because they never tell you. I wonder why that is?

I've known a number of women over the years who have been sexually assaulted. Its shocking how many women have been through one of these experiences. It's not something that they advertise but it will come out when you get to know them.

As a father of a little girl it really frightens me and fills me with rage.

• Like 1

You do. You just don’t know it.
So "boofing" means farting? It's ridiculously silly, but also very serious. If he will lie to the Senate about that, why won't he lie about anything and everything?

His is key. If you’ll lie about the little, meaningless things, you’ll lie about EVERYTHING.
You do, you just don't know it.

Oh, you probably know a lot, unless you live in a monastery. You just don't know you know because they never tell you. I wonder why that is?

And these.
Perhaps. 
I can say with some certainty that I don’t know 12 women well enough to have them confide that to me.  That kind of thing doesn’t come up in everyday conversation. Maybe my social circle isn’t big enough. 

It’s not like they’ve told me all at once at a party. I’m not a young man, I’m counting women I’ve talked to over the past 30 years. And I’m sure the number is much higher - those are just the ones who’ve said something.

It’s cool, though. Johnny won, and decided that it’s not just that there wasn’t proof beyond a doubt, but that Kavanaugh is INNOCENT. Isn’t that great!

1 minute ago, Chrispy said:

I’m here for the same reason we’re all here; namely that we have too much free time on our hands. I’m not trolling you, I’m just a conservative that thinks you’re a wackjob. I would love to take you seriously, but espousing civil war and succession makes it rather difficult. Also, your last two posts have me sucking someone off and masturbating, if nothing else I’ve contributed to your spank bank. Sweet dreams Fondren. 

Do you expect any of us to take you seriously?

2 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

And watch what happens in November. 

And 2020.

And 2022.

Power is cyclical. Democrats will have it again. 

You won't like that.

But there will be a Justice called Brett. I don't know if I like that either. Sounds too frat boyish. But it's gonna happen.

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Which hasn’t been very long.  This is an experiment and it only works if citizens actively participate with a unified purpose.  Well, when the purpose is to destroy the other side, it’s over. 

That’s where we are.  That’s what we saw today. I can’t believe Kavanaugh even has a law license after that shit today but he’s about to be one of the most powerful people in the country because fuck the libs. 

Sad!

It's never been that way. Just ask Native Americans. And the landless. And women. And black people. 

The only time citizens come close to actively participating with a unified purpose is war.

Yay.

12 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Over the next 10 years, it’s highly likely we have an economic crash and/or a major war plus all the natural disasters on top of it.  

The only hope is grassroots mobilization and some kind of enlightenment moment in American civics. 

What “kind of enlightenment moment in American civics” will help us avoid an economic crash, a major war and natural disasters?

6 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

The problem is he was never pushed on this point in the hearings and therefore was able to build this narrative in his hearing today.  I don't remember any Senator pointedly and succinctly correcting him and getting him to agree to this correction.  We have a lot of cheerleaders for the left/Democrat side today, but I thought they left a lot of yards on the field.  It's like they got up big at halftime and played not to lose the rest of the day.  There were numerous discrepancies and inconsistencies with Kavanaugh's details which were incorrect or positioned poorly, but they let him get away with it.  It's like after Poor Lindsay's tirade, they were too scared to press back.  

There's a difference between a person denying something happened vs saying they don't remember so many years ago.  It was part of a bad performance by the Judiciary Dems, IMO.

Edited by Patrick Bateman
  • Like 2

I've known a number of women over the years who have been sexually assaulted. Its shocking how many women have been through one of these experiences. It's not something that they advertise but it will come out when you get to know them.
As a father of a little girl it really frightens me and fills me with rage.

Well, suck it up, buttercup! Better arm her! And tell her to report anything to the cops immediately, otherwise she’s a lying partisan whore who just wants to ruin an innocent man’s life!

Or, tell her the truth. It’s what I’ve told my daughter. If someone tries, fight with everything that you have. Kill him if you must. Stop it before it happens, because not only is the culture not built to provide justice after the fact, it’s built to violate you again.

That message has been delivered, from the highest levels.
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Patrick Bateman said:

The problem is, he was never pushed on this point in the hearings and therefore was able to position in his hearing today.  I don't remember any Senator pointedly and succinctly correcting him and getting him to agree to this correction.  We have a lot of cheerleaders for the left/Democrat side today, but I thought they left a lot of yards on the field.  It's like they got up big at halftime and played not to lose the rest of the day.  There were numerous discrepancies and inconsistencies with Kavanaugh's details which were incorrect or positioned poorly, but they let him get away with it.  It's like after Poor Lindsay's tirade, they were too scared to press back.  

There's a difference between a person denying something happened vs saying they don't remember so many years ago.  It was part of a bad performance by the Judiciary Dems, IMO.

Brett Kavanaugh on the court is better politically for the Democrats. They can use fear to win elections. 

1 minute ago, Cacti said:

What “kind of enlightenment moment in American civics” will help us avoid an economic crash, a major war and natural disasters?

Better people in politics for the right reasons.  Not for money or fame but out of a sense of duty and purpose.  Service above self if you will. There are some out there now but not nearly enough.