Brett Kavanaugh Confirmation Thread

Hugo Stiglitz

1 minute ago, Chrispy said:

My, you’re a drama queen. The Republicans seem to have won this round, but it’s just one of many to come. 

Yep, and they'll win more rounds to come than the Dems will win.

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Regardless if Kavanaugh is confirmed, this was well played by the democrats.  They got the GOP to hang themselves in public. 

imgur

Just now, Patrick Bateman said:

This has already been confirmed.  It wasn't anyone on Feinstein's staff. 

Confirmed by who and how ?  Do they know who did it ?  If she sent Mrs. Feinstein the letter, how did it get out ?  If she told one of her best friends  (as was suggested today in the hearings) and they did it, that's pretty fucking unconscionable on their part,. Betraying a close friends trust in such a way.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

It is. But the blissful thing for him is that if she’s ever assaulted, he won’t be burdened by ever hearing that bad news, because she knows what’s up - all women do. Speak up, get shredded and turned into the bad guy.

So, Johnny will never have to hear that she got raped. AND he’ll never have to hear all the allies of the fine, innocent boy she accused tell everyone what a drunken slut she is, and/or a vindictive bitch who is just trying to ruin his life.

So, y’all don’t worry. Johnny’s gonna do fine. His daughter, maybe not so much. But he’ll never know.

Today changed everything for my daughter.  I’m shipping her off.  You should too.  

6 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

The Democrats were the one’s who wronged Dr. Ford. 

No dumb fuck - the GOP refusing to do an actual investigation wronged the entire country....including Dr. Ford.  

All of the mouth breathers who think that, when there is a dispute about what happened between two people when there is a third person in the room, there is no need to talk to the third person.  Those deplorable short bus thinkers who refused to let the accusers and the accused be interviewed with equal criminal liability for lying, they wronged her.

Just now, Chuckie Finster said:

I do NOT understand the people who think that performance today was worthy of the highest court in the land. That might as well have been Hannity up there. 

There are 60+ million voting Americans who would be very happy with Sean Hannity on the Supreme Court.

Donald Trump is president. Stop being surprised. Start understanding the world you live in.

• Like 1

Regardless if Kavanaugh is confirmed, this was well played by the democrats.  They got the GOP to hang themselves in public. 
I hope so. People still have to vote.

Best scenario would be that more comes out between committee and the full Senate vote where he doesn't get through. And republicans have to live with all the shit theyyre going to say in the next few days.

16 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Yeah, and a lot of Trump supporters are letting her know they won't support her if she votes no.  I don't think she is going to alienate 45% of her voters.  But really, who knows?

So she alienates 55% instead?  Alaska is 15% Native American, 5% Asian, 3.5% black.  These all lean heavily Dem, but don't usually turn out.  She just needs to turn them out.  On top of that, half the white voters that make up 65% of Alaska are women. 

And really, its 2018.  Her next election is in 2022. Trump does stupid shit on a daily basis that causes splits between the MAGA crowd from normal people.  This vote won't even come up at all in 2022, especially if Trump is done in 2020.  But even if he's not done, there will be a million other things MAGA will be whining about and this vote will be as old as birtherism.  You know she's a woman, right? She could vote exactly as Trump wants, Roy Moore could move to AK, and MAGA is gonna vote for Roy Moore over her.

Confirmed by who and how ?  Do they know who did it ?  If she sent Mrs. Feinstein the letter, how did it get out ?  If she told one of her best friends  (as was suggested today in the hearings) and they did it, that's pretty fucking unconscionable on their part,. Betraying a close friends trust in such a way.

The reporter who first broke the story said on Twitter tonight that it didn’t come from Feinstein or her staff.

1 minute ago, Celery Man said:

I'm about to join Brisket on the ledge, drinking Topo Chico and throwing the bottles into the abyss.  I'm disappointed we didn't and will not get any kind of actual effort to look into Ford's claims, and for that reason and his refusal I hope Kavanaugh is right about his reputation.

Yeah, isn’t it great we’re about to have a Supreme Court Justice that is obviously easily blackmail-able.

So much winning.

1 minute ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Hours later, but Kavanaugh’s extreme partisanship, unstable temperament, and willingness to distort the facts about the testimonies in the case are sticking with me far more than any of the assault talk.

I, obviously, believe Dr. Ford. But I do understand where the “there’s no corroborating evidence” people are coming from.

I do NOT understand the people who think that performance today was worthy of the highest court in the land. That might as well have been Hannity up there. We all know each justice leans a certain way, but to be openly hostile towards an entire party is unprecedented and troubling. His nonchalance with lying about minuscule things (who gives a fuck if you watched her hearing?!) would have disqualified pretty much anyone else in a different era.

What a shitty day for the country.

Since he was going to get confirmed anyway, I’m glad he made those insane, conspiracy-mongering outbursts. He gave a very clear view to what the stakes actually are here and what role the court really serves. The “balls and strikes” horseshit is out the window now. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, austingirl said:

All I saw today from the GOP was anger toward Dr. Ford, the other accusers, and the Democrats. After #MeToo, after Bill Cosby, after "grab her by the pussy" we are still here. It is really fucking exhausting.   

The Democrats are the only ones I saw the GOP attacking. The GOP sat there and let that special prosecutor treat Ford with kid gloves for half a day. No pressure on a number of inconsistencies in her testimony and what the press has been reporting and what was in her letter.They knew that there was no new evidence Ford was going to give , so no reason to attack her. We know exactly what we knew this morning as what we did this afternoon. That is enough to Kavanaugh confirmed.

Edited by Crusher
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

There are 60+ million voting Americans who would be very happy with Sean Hannity on the Supreme Court.
Donald Trump is president. Stop being surprised. Start understanding the world you live in.

I can understand that someone has a terminal illness, but witnessing examples of their deteriorating health in person will continue to make me sad.

Here's an exercise any of us can do.

Suppose a coworker falsely accuses you of raping her after the company holiday party.  You didn't touch her; in fact, you were never even alone with her at any point.  All of your colleagues now know about the accusation.  Your career and your reputation are on the line.

What do you do?

Me: I demand a police investigation.  And I demand that I be given a polygraph exam and request that she submit to one, too.

You?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chuckie Finster said:

The reporter who first broke the story said on Twitter tonight that it didn’t come from Feinstein or her staff.

I'm wondering how they found out who it was, if she'd only told her therapist and sent the letter to Mrs. Feinstein, and supposedly a couple very close friends (who wouldn't seem to be such close friends if it was one of them).  Not coming from her staff could just mean no one from her staff told the reporter.  

Those reporters are good with words and stuff.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

What is wrong with you?   I can’t imagine my wife or any of her friends posting on a college football message board, even if it was her alma mater.  Yet here you are.   Some upper middle-aged foul mouthed lady posting on a board of a team yours never plays.  Sounds like a real happy marriage there   

Do you wear fishing shirts and cargo shorts?

wtf is this bullshit?? guess we should know our place. good lord.

i was also screaming tonight, bc my 16 yoa niece is being stalked at her place of work by a 22 year old creeper that works a few doors down,  who keeps coming in and sitting in a booth watching her and telling the other workers to tell her 'Vince says hi' and she doesn't want to 'make a big deal out of it'* but is talking about quitting the job now and i mean WHAT THE FUCK! just watching this shit all week and this disgusting fucking perverted toad in the white house and knowing my own experiences, of which there are several and i just want to stand behind her with my husband and my single-mom sister while my niece screams at him 'LEAVE ME THE FUCK ALONE YOU CREEP!' so she knows she has the right and the strength to say that! 

i mean...just...fuck.

stream of consciousness, some of my thoughts and emotions this evening. and some fuck thinks i have no business posting on a gotdamn Longhorn football board. fuck you.

*my sister is going up there tomorrow to talk to the manager about it, the other employees are even like 'this dude is creepy'.

• Like 4

So setting aside the rape allegations you Trumpsters are just okay with the blatant perjury we saw today?

Are they winning? Then you know the answer. They’d shoot a man in the middle of fifth avenue, so long as they’re winning. It’s the only think that matters. The opposition better start playing that game, or it’s all over.
smh

No need.
I don't know. Third party? Better education system (e g., I'm from rural Western NY and went to school with a shit-ton of idiots)? 

If your answer doesn’t include “bloody violence,” you’re not reading the tea leaves well. There’s no ending to this that isn’t red.
I'm with you.  I feel like the whole country is morally bankrupt.  It sucks.

That’s reality. Shining city on the hill my ass. We’re hellbent on fully converting to an oligarchic shithole. And, American go-getters that we are, we’re progressing at breakneck speed.
You guys calling/implying for a sexual assault of Johnnys daughter really need to take a break

I hope to God it doesn’t happen. But I can also do math. There’s anywhere from a 25-35% chance it happens, statistically. And there’s pretty close to a 90% chance she won’t speak up about it. It’s probably higher, in her case. Her head of household is rather clearly not hospitable to such matters.

6 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

i feel like i need to be reminded of this every day.. i still can't wrap my head around it.

5 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

My, you’re a drama queen. The Republicans seem to have won this round, but it’s just one of many to come. 

Don't start sucking Kav's dick just yet.  This round ain't over.

Either way, the writing is on the wall.  The USA isn't a cohesive state.  A peaceful breakup is the proper course of action.  You'll thank me when 2020 ushers in the most liberal President ever with a friendly House and Senate.  When Southern secessionism comes roaring back and you're waving the confederate flag again, I'll support your right to secede wholeheartedly.  You can get out before single payer healthcare is passed.  Your complete inability to undo Obamacare and gay marriage while controlling the entire government should tell you that progressive laws don't get turned back.  Even on immigration, you've done very little to take things backward except torture children.  Progressive movement is a ratchet, not a bi-directional gear.

You have fucked up foreign trade, so congrats on that, I guess?

And really, in the end, we can better fix your human rights violations via external pressure and sanctions.  Your Christian sharia state won't last long.  I know you need to try it, but I also know you won't end up liking it.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, mchookem said:

i was also screaming tonight, bc my 16 yoa niece is being stalked at her place of work by a 22 year old creeper that works a few doors down,  who keeps coming in and sitting in a booth watching her and telling the other workers to tell her 'Vince says hi' and she doesn't want to 'make a big deal out of it'* but is talking about quitting the job now and i mean WHAT THE FUCK! just watching this shit all week and this disgusting fucking perverted toad in the white house and knowing my own experiences, of which there are several and i just want to stand behind her with my husband and my single-mom sister while my niece screams at him 'LEAVE ME THE FUCK ALONE YOU CREEP!' so she knows she has the right and the strength to say that! 

i mean...just...fuck.

stream of consciousness, some of my thoughts and emotions this evening. and some fuck thinks i have no business posting on a gotdamn Longhorn football board. fuck you.

*my sister is going up there tomorrow to talk to the manager about it, the other employees are even like 'this dude is creepy'.

Johnny sacks thinks your niece should just quit and get a new job. Problem solved. No more harassment there.

Lindsey graham thinks she should just call the cops. Again problem solved. Easy peasy. 

10 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Here's an exercise any of us can do.

Suppose a coworker falsely accuses you of raping her after the company holiday party.  You didn't touch her; in fact, you were never even alone with her at any point.  All of your colleagues now know about the accusation.  Your career and your reputation are on the line.

What do you do?

Me: I demand a police investigation.  And I demand that I be given a polygraph exam and request that she submit to one, too.

You?

What happens when you're only 4 other coworkers say you weren't at the party, and they never heard of said xmas party?

Edited by Lobwedgephil

Today changed everything for my daughter.  I’m shipping her off.  You should too.  

Naaah. Nothing changed today. Rather, the old men in charge made sure to send a very clear message that NOTHING has changed, they’re still in charge, and missy, you’ll be listened to and respected and not shredded if we decide to do so, and only if we decide to do so.

That’s the point. Nothing has changed, and don’t you forget it, ladies.
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

CABLE NEWS RACE
WED SEPT 26 2018

FOXNEWS HANNITY 4,450,000
FOXNEWS TUCKER 3,622,000
MSNBC MADDOW 3,462,000
FOXNEWS INGRAHAM 3,413,000
FOXNEWS BAIER 3,405,000
FOXNEWS THE FIVE 3,265,000
MSNBC O'DONNELL 2,668,000
MSNBC HAYES 2,221,000
MSNBC HARDBALL 2,196,000
CNN CUOMO 1,583,000
CNN COOPER 1,428,000

1 minute ago, retread said:

CABLE NEWS RACE
WED SEPT 26 2018

FOXNEWS HANNITY 4,450,000
FOXNEWS TUCKER 3,622,000
MSNBC MADDOW 3,462,000
FOXNEWS INGRAHAM 3,413,000
FOXNEWS BAIER 3,405,000
FOXNEWS THE FIVE 3,265,000
MSNBC O'DONNELL 2,668,000
MSNBC HAYES 2,221,000
MSNBC HARDBALL 2,196,000
CNN CUOMO 1,583,000
CNN COOPER 1,428,000

The olds love them some television 

10 minutes ago, mchookem said:

i mean...just...fuck.

How many accounts do you have on here?

Edited by EuroHorn

2 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Don't start sucking Kav's dick just yet.  This round ain't over.

Either way, the writing is on the wall.  The USA isn't a cohesive state.  A peaceful breakup is the proper course of action.  You'll thank me when 2020 ushers in the most liberal President ever with a friendly House and Senate.  When Southern secessionism comes roaring back and you're waving the confederate flag again, I'll support your right to secede wholeheartedly.  You can get out before single payer healthcare is passed.  Your complete inability to undo Obamacare and gay marriage while controlling the entire government should tell you that progressive laws don't get turned back.  Even on immigration, you've done very little to take things backward except torture children.  Progressive movement is a ratchet, not a bi-directional gear.

You have fucked up foreign trade, so congrats on that, I guess?

And really, in the end, we can better fix your human rights violations via external pressure and sanctions.  Your Christian sharia state won't last long.  I know you need to try it, but I also know you won't end up liking it.

Wow, I think it’s time to log off champ. 

5 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

I think he was a drunk more than a sexual predator. I think this happened and he really doesn't remember it. I think he probably has a drinking problem. It's what he's obviously most defensive about.

I think he did it and remembers doing it. He thought it was buried in his past and since he didn't actually rape her he doesn't think it was that big of a deal. He's worked his whole life to find himself on the precipice of the most distinguished achievement of his profession and now this is coming back to haunt him? He's frustrated and frightened and angry. 

But that Swetnick thing? That's just outrageous and completely false. The way he reacted to that allegation compared to Ford's tells me he knows Ford is telling the truth. 

• Like 1