Texas Halftime Notes #1: Maryland

Bozo_Casanova

• Despite the stats, defense actually looks OK other than very correctable early season mistakes, but somebody put a body on #6!
  • Gary Johnson's targeting penalty is the dumbest thing a Texas LB has done since Robert Killebrew. I really  like Gary Johnson,  but that was unacceptable. 
  • What the hell was the offense trying to do for the first quarter and a half? It looked like middle school.
  • Oline looks marginally better but still too physically weak
  • Ehlinger playing way too tight.
  • I'd like to see Buechelle come in for a series or two and loosen things up.
  • Why was Kyle Porter in in the game?
  • Watson looks very serviceable, Ingram flashing special potential. 1 and 1a for now. 
  • That "trick play" was a potato party and should never be called again at any level of football. A dang coaching mistake.
  • Punt team is awful. 
  • I hope Hager is OK  -see the trick play sequence above. We should have been marching down the field. 
  • Refs calling an OK game. 
  • Like 2

Just now, Bozo_Casanova said:

Jesus Christ why did this get posted in the politics board? 

1 minute ago, Bozo_Casanova said:
  • Despite the stats, defense actually looks OK other than very correctable early season mistakes, but somebody put a body on #6!
  • Gary Johnson's targeting penalty is the dumbest thing a Texas LB has done since Robert Killebrew. I really  like Gary Johnson,  but that was unacceptable. 
  • What the hell was the offense trying to do for the first quarter and a half? It looked like middle school.
  • Watson looks very serviceable, Ingram flashing special potential. 1 and 1a for now. 
  • That "trick play" was a potato party and should never be called again at any level of football. A dang coaching mistake.
  • Punt team is awful. 
  • I hope Hager is OK  -see the trick play sequence above. We should have been marching down the field. 

MTGA

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:
  • Punt team is awful. 

Finally someone admits to not being a Gary Johnson voter.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

wait....this  was on the football board when I saw it last. Why did it get moved here?

Because for once, the Politics board is less caustic than the Football board and this thread needed a safe space.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2