do you ever yearn?

Kel Varnsen

Fair point, I think it'd have to be who was making a true celebrity cameo at the time.  Like Terri Hatcher and Stiffler's Mom went on bigger things but were relative unknowns at the time.  I mean, they all had some credits and roles to their name, but who was kinda mid to high level at the time they showed up on set.  Like a Molly Shannon or Raquel Welch or Bette Middler.  

I literally asked for female cameos and you guys 4 of the fucking ugliest guys in show business.  THIS IS WHY WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS!

Also, John John (aka John F. Kennedy, Jr.) who is running the alternative Seinfeld universe government.  

1 hour ago, YGIFS said:

I literally asked for female cameos and you guys 4 of the fucking ugliest guys in show business.  THIS IS WHY WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS!

Also, John John (aka John F. Kennedy, Jr.) who is running the alternative Seinfeld universe government.  

Oh I missed that part.

1 hour ago, YGIFS said:

Like a Molly Shannon or Raquel Welch or Bette Middler.  

I think you pretty much exhausted it right here.

sixteen candles, quicksilver, solar babies, crossroads, lost boys, less than zero, etc.  She was smoking hot in a buncha 80's and 90's stuff.  But it all went up in flinty smoke so she had to take to being a sex line call handler.  Makes you wonder what it was all for...

• Hook 'Em 1

I'm really more of a John Germaine guy myself.  Though I found "Hot & Heavy" to be a little too cliche and trite.  

I thought this was interesting about that episode from Jonathan Wolff himself:

Even if you don't watch the whole thing, take a look at the little purple trinket on his piano.

Of all the names that could have been the "J" in J. Peterman, Jacopo.  That he's also named John in real life and was literally invited to join the Board of Directors of the real life company.  It was then that I should have known we were living in a simulation.  But I got hung up for years on "Worlds are Colliding!"  Little did I know that the universe's way of telling me real life was colliding with the software code.  

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-news/how-a-seinfeld-joke-became-a-reality-154063/

No, he's been an active board of directors member and even owns a small slice of the company for like 20+ years.  The real life guy approached him, they hit it off, and even collaborated on some products.  I think it started off as a desperate marketing ploy since the real life company wasn't doing great.  But then grew into a friendship and supposedly O'Hurley is pretty bright in real life.  There was a segment (I think Today Show) that went into depth on it a few years ago...no idea how to find it. 

But what cracked me up about it is shadowed O'Hurley during a quarterly board meeting.  From prepping and reading agendas and minutes to traveling to company HQ, didn't film the private meeting, but then fraternizing with other members, having a meal, and heading home.  And to this day, I don't know if the producers in real life even realized they were basically doing the Elaine thing with his autobiography.  Like it was the most mundane shit and they turned it into like a 7-minute Today show segment in real life.  Or if it was the greatest satirical wink to his devout followers like us.  And O'Hurley is perfectly normal and polite with the camera crew, never winks or makes a clicking sound, never tells the female anchor to toss herself into the mix.  But it always stuck with me because I still can't fucking tell if it was life imitating art.  He literally just walks around an office building for like 2 full Today Show segments.  I'm sure I'll be up to 1am tryign to find it now.  

• Hook 'Em 2

If anyone is ready to have their mind blown regarding all of Kramer's never-seen friends?

A fellow Seinfeld junkie told me to rewatch the one where Kramer has the party to celebrate his book deal with Peterman.  Couldn't sleep last so I watched it.  One of the extras at the bar shouts at Kramer "Hey Kramer, Ramirez has never heard your pants story."  And the guy gestures over to that little side-bar area.  So must be Corky Ramirez, right?  But what if all the other guys at the bar are all his other friends like Lomez, Bob, Jay R., et. al.?  

4 hours ago, YGIFS said:

I musta been thinking of fucking Floyd in "True Romance"..........."Hey man, get some beer.  And some cleaning products."

Must be a Tarrantino thing.  The Wolf tells Jules and Vincent to take those cleaning products and clean the car - fast, fast, fast.

When Jerry runs off Dr. Sitarides from Krugers office, Kramer is there in his Butchers coat watching in a certain manner of disbelief, Kruger walks up and says "Heyyy, George...heyyy, Doc...we doing the screening in here?"

And then they just roll into it.  

This show has more than most but this scene in particular is just as good as sitcom TV can get for me.

Edited by McCroskey