do you ever yearn?

Kel Varnsen

As in 50 out of 50 questions correct?  You are something else.  

I remember dialogue and plot points and the denouement of it all better than almost anyone, but you seem to also have an uncanny element to remember addresses and surnames and dates within the show that would never occur to the serious fan to mentally index.  Has it ever occurred to you to use these powers for good instead of just trivia?  

1 hour ago, YGIFS said:

As in 50 out of 50 questions correct?  You are something else.  

I remember dialogue and plot points and the denouement of it all better than almost anyone, but you seem to also have an uncanny element to remember addresses and surnames and dates within the show that would never occur to the serious fan to mentally index.  Has it ever occurred to you to use these powers for good instead of just trivia?  

It's occurred to me, but most of my brain is just seinfeld and random movie quotes.  It's like the part of George's brain preoccupied with sex.

• Haha 1

Me, futureman, and cheeseweasel could be outside the window of Kel varnsen playing trivia, feeding him answers and I still don't think we could defeat Biff Tannen.  

For they are the braless wonder heir to the O'Seinfeld Candy Bar Trivia Fortune.............

"Checkmate"

But seriously, it's the little details that you get that really impress me.   

csb/ On Easter Sunday with my cousins and their kids, I gave a prayer before dinner.  Her daughter said something like "you have this interesting way of tying back things we talked about earlier into your saying of grace that's really neat."  I told her that it's called a denouement and I got it not from AP English, but from a cranky Jewish man, not named Jesus.  She didn't get any of the references.  So we've much work to do with the next generation.  Humor and fake movies like Rochelle, Rochelle aside...Larry will literally remembered as perhaps the greatest modern master of the literary device.  He woulda tied up the Last Supper more tidy had they had the big salad.

Edited by YGIFS
  • Hook 'Em 4

7 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Street itself is boundary.

You know, the self-depricating Jewish humor is on full display on the show.  And of course, "Puerto Rican Pride day" was apparently so offensive, it's been pulled from syndication.  But think about the several ways in which the show was stereotypical to Asians between the actors, accents, and plotlines.  I mean, I fucking love it and don't know a single Asian friend who ever took issue with it.  Because it was fucking funny.  

Nail Salon, Donna Chang, the Shark Lawyer/delivery guy brother, beijing hair restoration clinic, a half dozen Chinese restaurant/employee interactions, the Flounder guy, "We want a name, give us a name!" and the guy was from fucking Stated Island with that accent, the drunk Japanese tourists, the Korean war bride, the Nakahoma Broadcast Corporation group of clowns, the Geisha CPA, and nevermind Babu and his cousin from South Asia.  Some of the funniest scenes in the whole series would trigger so many people.  

And I can guarantee you that almost every one of those actors read the script and Larry was too shy/embarrassed to ask but almost to a person they all asked some version of, "This reminds me of an elder of mine, would you mind if I kinda go 'bigger' the lines, really lay it on thick?"  

"I see...and what clinic was  that again?" 

1 hour ago, YGIFS said:

You know, the self-depricating Jewish humor is on full display on the show.  And of course, "Puerto Rican Pride day" was apparently so offensive, it's been pulled from syndication.  But think about the several ways in which the show was stereotypical to Asians between the actors, accents, and plotlines.  I mean, I fucking love it and don't know a single Asian friend who ever took issue with it.  Because it was fucking funny.  

Nail Salon, Donna Chang, the Shark Lawyer/delivery guy brother, beijing hair restoration clinic, a half dozen Chinese restaurant/employee interactions, the Flounder guy, "We want a name, give us a name!" and the guy was from fucking Stated Island with that accent, the drunk Japanese tourists, the Korean war bride, the Nakahoma Broadcast Corporation group of clowns, the Geisha CPA, and nevermind Babu and his cousin from South Asia.  Some of the funniest scenes in the whole series would trigger so many people.  

And I can guarantee you that almost every one of those actors read the script and Larry was too shy/embarrassed to ask but almost to a person they all asked some version of, "This reminds me of an elder of mine, would you mind if I kinda go 'bigger' the lines, really lay it on thick?"  

"I see...and what clinic was  that again?" 

No way in hell could you do the Cigar Store Indian episode now.

"Oh, herro American Joe!  Which way to hamburger/hot dog stand!"

Edited by Biff Tannen
among other reasons

I stopped at the bank this afternoon. It’s a small branch and there was just enough of a line that, in order to avoid blocking the door, I stood off to the side where I was in view of a young guy working in a cubicle. We made a little small talk about the weather. After I moved forward in line I heard him place a call and introduce himself as Dylan Murphy.

After I was done with my transaction, I returned to his “door” and asked him if I heard correctly that his name was Dylan Murphy. He said it was and I asked him if he was a Seinfeld fan. He laughed and said he only learned about the reference when he was 17 which couldn’t have been more than 6-7 years ago. I don’t know if he’s ever actually seen the show. I asked him if anyone ever asks him about O’Brien and he said he’s actually got a friend whose name is George O’Brien. I thought that was awesome and told him so. We had a good laugh and I went on my way.

Just had to share.

• Hook 'Em 2

I was always glad to see that Eva left her white nationalist ways and went to work at her uncle on her mom's side, Italian Bistro.

I always love when Kramer gets in the limo and tries to be cool, "Hey Murphy!  How's tricks, O'Brien?"  I mean the joke is that he gets it wrong, but I just love the confident, but goofy way he delivers the line thinking he's being a big help.  

• Haha 1