USC and TCU will throttle us

El Moco

I don't see USC throttling Texas, but wouldn't be shocked if they won a 13-10 heartbreak type of game where Sam turns the ball over near the end of the game to seal the deal. If Sam doesn't turn the ball over 2-3 times in crucial moments and the defense can actually force some turnovers that could go the other way. Barely scraping by a Tulsa team that finished 2-10 last season isn't a reason for optimism.

Charlie's only good defense was his first year where we had a dogshit offense and even worse special teams unless you've managed to completely erase Nick Rose from your memory already.

The defense was shit in the 2nd and 3rd year.

Charlie is known as a defensive guy, at least he had one year of a good defense.

Herman on the other hand..

It's such a shame that Texas is so mediocre when we're playing these teams we all got excited about being scheduled back when we didn't suck like Notre Dame and USC. At least USC looks bad too. So we'll both look terrible together. TCU is going to destroy us but USC will be a close, terrible game that we win by a FG. Wait, can we hit FGs this year? I honestly can't remember.

Edited by mdmost

I’m sorry, I watched the entire SC Stanford game. And for all the hype Love is getting, he enjoyed running against a SC defense that was out of position the majority of the time. And when they were lined up correctly, they couldn’t tackle for shit.

SC does posses some good receivers, but it’s a toss up whether the SC quarterback can get a throw anywhere near them where they can take advantage of running in stride/space. There were multiple examples where the SC receivers had to basically take themselves out of the play just to make the catch.

This is not a good SC team. For the record, I don’t think Stanford is very good right now either as they struggled themselves. They do have their traditional big strong linemen they are known for. But they look slow and immobile. 

While the premise that we will get throttled may absolutely play out in fact to be true, USC has looked extremely average thus far and I’d expect that to be a close game of two currently mediocre teams.

For what it’s worth, I thought TCU looked fairly unimpressive as well during a good chunk of that SMU game. In addition, with K State and Iowa State also looking unimpressive yesterday, it occurred to me that we may actually look competitive in those games as well which could make our record look better than we know we are.

Having said all that, I also wouldn’t put it past our team to get blown out by all of these teams.

While the premise that we will get throttled may absolutely play out in fact to be true, USC has looked extremely average thus far and I’d expect that to be a close game of two currently mediocre teams.

For what it’s worth, I thought TCU looked fairly unimpressive as well during a good chunk of that SMU game. In addition, with K State and Iowa State also looking unimpressive yesterday, it occurred to me that we may actually look competitive in those games as well which could make our record look better than we know we are.

Having said all that, I also wouldn’t put it past our team to get blown out by all of these teams.
So they will play well or play bad, correct? HSO right there.

So they will play well or play bad, correct? HSO right there.

My point is essentially, other than OU and WV, nobody we are gonna play has looked all that great and it appears to be another down year for the Big 12. We certainly suck but, to differing degrees, it seems so does most of the teams we will be playing.

My point is essentially, other than OU and WV, nobody we are gonna play has looked all that great and it appears to be another down year for the Big 12. We certainly suck but, to differing degrees, it seems so does most of the teams we will be playing.
Helton's on borrowed time, not sure a loss to us would be the final nail though.

Edit- forgot Left coasters really don't care about FB anymore, Helton probably stays no matter what this season.

2 hours ago, ousux said:
3 hours ago, Panama Red said:
I bet a friend of mine that Texas would beat USC straight up. I’m going to end up buying him all you can eat stone crab claws at Truluck’s if Herman doesn’t get his shit together.

I love crab, can I get in on this?

Hi Jameis. 

15 hours ago, El Moco said:

Can’t disagree.  This is fixing to be an embarrassing and frustrating season.

FIXING to be?  

14 hours ago, TexArcher said:

...This team will win a game it shouldn't have...

That was last night, against Tulsa.

Edited by shakahorn

I really don’t see us beating USC.  They have some dynamic skill players.  The kind that will burn Orlando’s risk loving scheme and our slow LBs and clueless corners with some big plays that take pressure off the new QB.  I’m going to take a wild guess that they feature a package based around the jet sweep this week.   I can also state with near absolute certainty that their defense is better than Tulsa’s.  It’s looking like a 30-17 kind of game to me and it won’t feel that close.  

2 minutes ago, lemonandaturd said:

Except for the loss of big Poona, we are a better team and we will beat USC and TCU.  

I feel like I’m taking crazy pills. We are fucking terrible. 4-8 is realistic. 3-9 isn’t out of the question. 

6-6 is not happening.

Edited by Tailleur17

1 minute ago, Tailleur17 said:

I feel like I’m taking crazy pills. We are fucking terrible. 4-8 is realistic. 3-9 isn’t out of the question. 

6-6 is not happening.

You are taking crazy pills.  Keep taking them.  We are going to get better and win the next two games by a cunt hair, then beat K State like a drum.  OU not so much.  

Just now, lemonandaturd said:

You are taking crazy pills.  Keep taking them.  We are going to get better and win the next two games by a cunt hair, then beat K State like a drum.  OU not so much.  

Put your money where your mouth is then. I’ll bet you $100 we don’t beat both USC and TCU.

18 minutes ago, lemonandaturd said:

Except for the loss of big Poona, we are a better team and we will beat USC and TCU.  Maryland will be a bowl team and Tulsa is the suck.  Prove me wrong.  

I agree Maryland is a pinstripe bowl team.  We are UF and will probably match up in a bowl if we can make 6 wins. 

Excpet for Poona, hill, Elliott, and Jefferson we have a defensive squad.  On offense we should be better all the way around with experience and a couple grad transfers, but we are not.  

I will say, we might be a better team this year even with key losses on defense if our coaching staff would get out of the way.   There's something really wrong here and it's not talent.  We should be a 9-3 team based on talent and schedule yet we look much closer to a 3-9 team because we will be out coached in all but about 3 games.