Cord Cutters Thread

ESPN App green pixels/buffering issues?

Anyone else have issue with the ESPN App?  I have an NVIDIA Sheild/Android TV with dozens of apps installed.  HBO, Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, PBS, Pluto TV, YouTube TV, etc.  I have virtually zero buffering issues at all on all of these apps...except ESPN.  The ESPN App, which I use for ESPN+ and LHN (just got LNH creds from a buddy yesterday).  I watched Big 12 Media Days and some SEC Media Days and the buffering was bad.  Constantly pixelating and the whole screen being taken over by green pixels for a few seconds while it tries to catch up.  It's bad enough that I won't be able to watch any sports on it.  Anyone have any suggestions to tweak?  Settings? Reinstall? forget the TV and watch on a tablet?

The Intertubes universally crap on the ESPN App.  And it seems much worse than the old WatchESPN App (although I never had that app on my TV, but would Chromecast it to the TV with much better results than ESPN App).

I don't seem to have the issue with everything on ESPN App.  Copa America games didn't seem to have buffering issues.  Other random live streaming events do buffer a lot.  Anyone have the secret sauce or insights on this?  Strange to me that the Mouse would have the worst streaming app back end just before they launch D+.  And strange that it would differ depending on what I was watching (all usually around the same time of day).

5 minutes ago, DCLonghorn said:

ESPN App green pixels/buffering issues?

Anyone else have issue with the ESPN App?  I have an NVIDIA Sheild/Android TV with dozens of apps installed.  HBO, Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, PBS, Pluto TV, YouTube TV, etc.  I have virtually zero buffering issues at all on all of these apps...except ESPN.  The ESPN App, which I use for ESPN+ and LHN (just got LNH creds from a buddy yesterday).  I watched Big 12 Media Days and some SEC Media Days and the buffering was bad.  Constantly pixelating and the whole screen being taken over by green pixels for a few seconds while it tries to catch up.  It's bad enough that I won't be able to watch any sports on it.  Anyone have any suggestions to tweak?  Settings? Reinstall? forget the TV and watch on a tablet?

The Intertubes universally crap on the ESPN App.  And it seems much worse than the old WatchESPN App (although I never had that app on my TV, but would Chromecast it to the TV with much better results than ESPN App).

I don't seem to have the issue with everything on ESPN App.  Copa America games didn't seem to have buffering issues.  Other random live streaming events do buffer a lot.  Anyone have the secret sauce or insights on this?  Strange to me that the Mouse would have the worst streaming app back end just before they launch D+.  And strange that it would differ depending on what I was watching (all usually around the same time of day).

No issues with the ESPN app for me, I use Apple TV. But you should be fine with what you have. 

2 hours ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Football rapidly approaching. 

Is PSVue still the only one offering Red Zone, LHN and DVR?

no

You can get LHN (and pretty much anything else you want) through an IPTV and there are any number of recording options. 

but, as always, if you want convenience, it'll cost ya

• Like 1

On 7/21/2019 at 6:17 PM, Soldierhorn said:

no

You can get LHN (and pretty much anything else you want) through an IPTV and there are any number of recording options. 

but, as always, if you want convenience, it'll cost ya

Are you using IPTV as a generic acronym for a streaming service?  I'm guessing you've gone through what you're using above.  So I'll go check (unless it's a short answer). <edit>  I found the one you're using.  The website had lots of words.  I'll read them at some point.

I'm not terribly thrilled with the Vue price hike, but I suppose I can get my money back by dropping it down to low tier during the off season.

And yes, I want convenience.  I spent long enough watching bootleg streams of LHN when it wasn't widely available.  I'll mow my lawn, I'll paint a room, I'll winterize a boat, but when it comes to TV, having it do what it's supposed to do when I want it to do it is important to me, and Vue had been really solid for us in that regard (and a lot cheaper than Satellite).  Glad you like what you're rockin'.

Edited by dcbc

On hold with AT&T right now to drop my TV service.  There's a system crash so he can't process it. I say I'll wait.  Then, when he tries to drop TV, it drops my gigabit internet down a tier so he has to get a supervisor. He offers TV + Internet at less than Internet. I say only if after the promo runs out, if it's cheaper than just internet since I won't use it.  These fuckers.  

5 hours ago, Soldierhorn said:

If you are satisfied, then what's the issue?  

Because I'd trade it all for a little more I guess.  No issue.  Just curious about what others are doing and how much work is involved to make it happen.

I'm coming back around to this.  DTVN seems like it's circling the drain, even though I'm grandfathered in for now.  Our kids have grown up, viewing habits have changed, and the result is that we watch a whole lot less TV and a whole lot fewer channels. 

I basically care about watching these things, which we watch almost exclusively through the Apps on Roku or AppleTV:

Netflix

Hulu

PrimeTV

HBO

Showtime

Starz

ESPN family of networks

AMC

FX

Fox Sports family of networks

I mean, that's it.  Wife wants locals, but IDGAF. 

Right now I'm paying over $120 (not including internet) for TV.  That's a lot less than the $250 from 2 years ago, but still seems really exorbitant for 10 channels/services, especially for less than 3 hours of watching per day outside of football season.  But I add them up in different ways and get back to around that same number.

What we don't need is some multi-input antenna setup that confuses my wife.  Needs to be easy.  She gets mad at the universal remote.  And it needs to work on iPads and laptops as well as 4K TVs.

So back to the googles to research.

2 hours ago, Liquor and Poker said:

I'm coming back around to this.  DTVN seems like it's circling the drain, even though I'm grandfathered in for now.  Our kids have grown up, viewing habits have changed, and the result is that we watch a whole lot less TV and a whole lot fewer channels. 

I basically care about watching these things, which we watch almost exclusively through the Apps on Roku or AppleTV:

Netflix

Hulu

PrimeTV

HBO

Showtime

Starz

ESPN family of networks

AMC

FX

Right now I'm paying over $120 (not including internet) for TV.  That's a lot less than the $250 from 2 years ago, but still seems really exorbitant for 10 channels/services, especially for less than 3 hours of watching per day outside of football season.  But I add them up in different ways and get back to around that same number.

What we don't need is some multi-input antenna setup that confuses my wife.  Needs to be easy.  She gets mad at the universal remote.  And it needs to work on iPads and laptops as well as 4K TVs.

For locals, you can get a Tablo box.  Antenna plugs into the Tablo.  Tablo streams locals to either Tablo app or Plex app.  No input switching.  Requires a USB hard drive to work the DVR and possibly to stream.  No monthly fee unless you want more than 24 hours worth of guide.  Should work via the app on Roku, Fire TV, Apple, Android, whatever.  We have a two channel one and it's been rock solid.  Picture looks great.

23 minutes ago, dcbc said:

For locals, you can get a Tablo box.  Antenna plugs into the Tablo.  Tablo streams locals to either Tablo app or Plex app.  No input switching.  Requires a USB hard drive to work the DVR and possibly to stream.  No monthly fee unless you want more than 24 hours worth of guide.  Should work via the app on Roku, Fire TV, Apple, Android, whatever.  We have a two channel one and it's been rock solid.  Picture looks great.

Cool - does it stream to multiple locations or TVs at the same time?  As in my wife can watch local CBS at home while I can watch local ABC in the hotel room in another city?  

9 minutes ago, Liquor and Poker said:

Cool - does it stream to multiple locations or TVs at the same time?  As in my wife can watch local CBS at home while I can watch local ABC in the hotel room in another city?  

Yes.  Two channel one lets you have two different streams or watch one record one, etc.  There are no location restrictions that I can recall.

Edited by dcbc

On hold with AT&T right now to drop my TV service.  There's a system crash so he can't process it. I say I'll wait.  Then, when he tries to drop TV, it drops my gigabit internet down a tier so he has to get a supervisor. He offers TV + Internet at less than Internet. I say only if after the promo runs out, if it's cheaper than just internet since I won't use it.  These fuckers.  

Coworker couldn’t get the same good rate for AT&T fiber that I got, so he went with Comcast. Then he was in an AT&T store not long after and the manager said “I could have gotten you that price. Always go to the store.”

Anecdotal. And annoying.

1 hour ago, Liquor and Poker said:

It did not use to stream to multiple tvs without additional nodes and each node was a subscription cost at the time.  This was a few years ago and things may have changed.  I would LOVE to pull the tablo premiere out of the garage and get it going again.  at one time, IMO, it was the best recorder on the market and had the best menu.  I think others like Channelmaster have caught up on the menu side of things but tablo was and maybe still a better recorder (and I have both tablo and CM).  What I didnt like about both tablo and channelmaster is that both recorded in proprietary formats; meaning, I couldnt record something, then take it to my office and watch it directly on my computer... and to me, this was annoying. 

I may pull my tablo out of the garage and give it another try on one of the tvs and see if there is any change. Oh, BTW, it probably still needs to be a tablo that you formally had a subscription profile on to even pull local channels or that's the way it use to be.  Again, things might have changed, but if you are going to use a tablo that was a family member's or friend's, then you might have to sign up for the minimum subscrip to get the system set up with your profile and then cancel later

Edited by Soldierhorn

1 hour ago, dcbc said:

Yes.  Two channel one lets you have two different streams or watch one record one, etc.  There are no location restrictions that I can recall.

yes, the one I have has two tuners so you can record via one tuner and watch on another (so does ChannelMaster if anyone is interested) but that is not the same as watching on two separate tvs if I understood his question correctly

and, no, my old tablo did not remotely view from a different location and I would not expect it to now.  I would think that would be a remote desktop type or website type capability

Edited by Soldierhorn

I've never used sling but from what I understand, Sling is an IPTV type stream not dependent on hardware. If so, then yes, it is website based and you should be able to watch it anywhere there is an internet connection and you have the login.  If that is what you like, there are new IPTVs that come out every year and some good ones for around $5 per month.  

The way I look at it is: if I'm not paying a $120, or $150, or more cable bill, then how much can I experiment on a month and still come out WAY ahead. I'm having a blast testing and trying out different stuff.  At one point, I must have experimented with at least 8 antennas. they're cheap and I'm learning something - so what?

We're down to about $115/mo for TV and internet:

Spectrum 200GB internet ($65).

Spectrum TV app ($30).  Only available if you can get their internet service at home.  It gets you all local channels, Spectrum news, 10 channels that you choose which includes my ESPN and Fox sports needs, and a bunch of music channels.  I think we can do 3 streams, but if you are not on Spectrum wifi (using the app on another wifi service), you can't get your local stations.  Not being able to record sucks, but overall quality has been good so far.

Philo ($20).  Includes 58 channels of various entertainment, no news or sports - A&E, Comedy C, 4 MTVs, AXS, 3 Nicks, TLC, IFC, the Discovery networks.  The wife can usually find something to watch with those choices.  Unlimited dvr, but shows older than 30 days drop off, plus you'll have ads.  I was expecting poor quality from stuff I'd read, but it's been good so far and fits our needs.

Pluto (free)  100+ channels of really random stuff, including a cult movie channel, Wipeout channel, The Onion, Cult Films Channel.  Plus they'll run a lot of good older movies on the movie channels and on demand.  The price is certainly right.

Add another $16 or so for Pandora Premium and XM streaming sub for music streaming, and those are all our streaming options for now.  Considering Netflix.  We also have a Prime membership, but rarely take advantage of their TV/music, so I really don't count that expense toward our streaming.   

6 hours ago, Soldierhorn said:

yes, the one I have has two tuners so you can record via one tuner and watch on another (so does ChannelMaster if anyone is interested) but that is not the same as watching on two separate tvs if I understood his question correctly

and, no, my old tablo did not remotely view from a different location and I would not expect it to now.  I would think that would be a remote desktop type or website type capability

To watch Tablo away from your home wifi, you can use Plex (live TV and DVR) using the Tablo plugin.  Was just able to do that on my phone with my wifi turned off.  I assume that's no different if I'm at the house or across town.

Also, using the Tablo app, I just streamed two different live channels on two different TVs from my 2-channel Tablo.  So I can confirm that works as well.

My Tablo is two or three years old.

Edited by dcbc

5 hours ago, Soldierhorn said:

I've never used sling but from what I understand, Sling is an IPTV type stream not dependent on hardware. If so, then yes, it is website based and you should be able to watch it anywhere there is an internet connection and you have the login.  If that is what you like, there are new IPTVs that come out every year and some good ones for around $5 per month. 

This thread is getting a bit full of bad info.

First off, he's referring to his Slingbox. You're talking about Sling TV. Two completely different things.

"IPTV" isn't a generic term for any streaming service. PSVue, Hulu, SlingTV, etc, aren't IPTV services.

Most people get IPTV by installing/sideloading their respective apps on a Firestick/Android box, and the majority of them are illegal.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, rage-a-holic said:

This thread is getting a bit full of bad info.

First off, he's referring to his Slingbox. You're talking about Sling TV. Two completely different things.

"IPTV" isn't a generic term for any streaming service. PSVue, Hulu, SlingTV, etc, aren't IPTV services.

Most people get IPTV by installing/sideloading their respective apps on a Firestick/Android box, and the majority of them are illegal.

hahaha 

I dont know about sling, Slingtv or slingbox, or sling whatever.  And, I dont think I implied that I did. 

I never said that "PSVue, Hulu, SlingTV,..." were IPTV services. 

quick on the draw about nothing it looks like.  good job

50 minutes ago, dcbc said:

To watch Tablo away from your home wifi, you can use Plex (live TV and DVR) using the Tablo plugin.  Was just able to do that on my phone with my wifi turned off.  I assume that's no different if I'm at the house or across town.

Also, using the Tablo app, I just streamed two different live channels on two different TVs from my 2-channel Tablo.  So I can confirm that works as well.

My Tablo is two or three years old.

Good to know. thanks

I've had my Tablo in the garage for years and didnt even know they have an app now.  I should pull it out and see what I can do with it now. 

1 minute ago, Soldierhorn said:

Good to know. thanks

I've had my Tablo in the garage for years and didnt even know they have an app now.  I should pull it out and see what I can do with it now. 

We haven't used ours much since we have 3 out of our 4 locals through Vue, which is more convenient.  But the quality of the over the air signal, even when streamed through Tablo, is much better.  

5 minutes ago, Soldierhorn said:

hahaha 

I dont know about sling, Slingtv or slingbox, or sling whatever.  And, I dont think I implied that I did. 

I never said that "PSVue, Hulu, SlingTV,..." were IPTV services. 

quick on the draw about nothing it looks like.  good job

I asked if you were using IPTV as a generic term for streaming (above).  I think that led to confusion.  I haven't heard many people use that term, which is why I asked.

Sorry for the confusion.

Slingbox is how I used to pull an LHN feed before I could get LHN.  Had it shipped to my friend's house in Houston.  On game day, he'd turn it on and I'd log in.  Wasn't the prettiest picture ever, but it worked.  

9 minutes ago, dcbc said:

But the quality of the over the air signal, even when streamed through Tablo, is much better.  

oh, yeah, when I decided to cut the cord about 11yrs ago completely from TWC, except for Roadrunner internet  I was amazed at the quality of the 45-50 OTA channels I got.  It was awesome.  I dont watch very much tv and this alone was more content than I needed at a better resolution than I was getting from cable.  

19 hours ago, Liquor and Poker said:

Netflix

Hulu

PrimeTV

HBO

Showtime

Starz

ESPN family of networks

AMC

FX

for what you listed...

• with YTTV you get all locals, ESPN, AMC, FX and Fox Sports. ($50)
  • you can add on Showtime for like $7/month, Starz for $9. (up to $66)
  • HBO Go is like $15 (up to $81)
  • Hulu is $6 (up to $87)
  • Netflix is $15 ($102)

Prime Video is rolled into your Prime subscription so kind of doesn't go in here

so that covers everything except Prime for $102 on a system that works flawlessly, with unlimited DVR (this is huge, a difference vs everyone else on the market) and great search. Has an excellent app on Roku, can use on phone and can cast via chromecast if needed. 

the Roku app for YTTV is really easy to use, my parents even use it. Roku remote is tiny and works 

I think YTTV has a 2 week trial if you want to give it a shot.

if you need more stuff to control, check out the sideclick (that is a link to a review) - basically an add on programmable IR blaster. 

19 hours ago, HRSchenker said:

Right now I'm paying $220 for TV and internet with Uverse. I've been getting youtube tv for a bit and I love it. Only downside is that there is no LHN and ESPN is a bit limited.

I bet you that you know someone with a DTV or Dish Network subscription who will share their login for $5 a month (or less) - is it ideal? No. But does it work via the ESPN app? 100%

it is kind of strange it isn't included. 

54 minutes ago, NoName said:

for what you listed...

• you can add on Showtime for like $7/month, Starz for $9. (up to $66)
  • HBO Go is like $15 (up to $81)
  • Hulu is $6 (up to $87)
  • Netflix is $15 ($102)

Prime Video is rolled into your Prime subscription so kind of doesn't go in here

so that covers everything except Prime for $102 on a system that works flawlessly, with unlimited DVR (this is huge, a difference vs everyone else on the market) and great search. Has an excellent app on Roku, can use on phone and can cast via chromecast if needed. 

the Roku app for YTTV is really easy to use, my parents even use it. Roku remote is tiny and works 

I think YTTV has a 2 week trial if you want to give it a shot.

if you need more stuff to control, check out the sideclick (that is a link to a review) - basically an add on programmable IR blaster. 

Hulu is $12 without ads and I was including half of prime cost in my calculations.  Don’t think I would spend over $100 just for two-day shipping on batteries and cheap chinese junk.

So with that we are right back at pretty much the same price, for which I get a lot more channels (which I don’t watch) with DTVN, including LHN FWTW. YTTV DVR is much better but I don’t use that much.  Search I have literally never used.  YTTV seems less flaky, though, and doesn’t look like it will be discontinued.

Do all the YTTV channels include app access? On DTVN I have Starz but no app access, so that is when I rarely DVR.

Roku is absolutely the best box from a WAF standpoint.  

But regardless, we’re still spending about $120 for 3 hours’ viewing per day, which seems pretty high to me.  

The more I think about it, here’s kind of the core problem.  I am spending for channels year round but I only watch them seasonally. Outside of late August through January, ESPN is almost never on. AMC and FX are only watched for specific series.  Same with Showtime and Starz.  The only things we watch pretty much year round are Netflix, Prime and HBO.  

33 minutes ago, Liquor and Poker said:

Hulu is $12 without ads and I was including half of prime cost in my calculations.  Don’t think I would spend over $100 just for two-day shipping on batteries and cheap chinese junk.

So with that we are right back at pretty much the same price, for which I get a lot more channels (which I don’t watch) with DTVN, including LHN FWTW. YTTV DVR is much better but I don’t use that much.  Search I have literally never used.  YTTV seems less flaky, though, and doesn’t look like it will be discontinued.

Do all the YTTV channels include app access? On DTVN I have Starz but no app access, so that is when I rarely DVR.

But regardless, we’re still spending about $120 for 3 hours’ viewing per day, which seems pretty high to me.  

The more I think about it, here’s kind of the core problem.  I am spending for channels year round but I only watch them seasonally. Outside of late August through January, ESPN is almost never on. AMC and FX are only watched for specific series.  Same with Showtime and Starz.  The only things we watch pretty much year round are Netflix, Prime and HBO.  

You can suspend your YTTV account for the seasons you don't use it. Also, you obviously use prime different than me. We pretty much get packages daily. On christmas presents alone I make up the $100 in shipping costs. 

• Like 1

Dont waste your money for $6 no ads on hulu. All networks have different agreements with hulu so you'll get ads on certain ones...that's straight from hulus customers service rep who said she personally wouldnt pay for it herself when I asked why I'm getting ads while paying not to have them

• Like 1

Good to know on Hulu.  I’ve never tried it with ads.

I used to use free shipping on Prime almost daily but I find I am drifting away from using Amazon to buy everything.  Prices aren’t as competitively cheap as before, and a lot of the products are third party-sold knock-offs or fakes.  So the shipping isn’t as much of a draw as it once was. 

7 hours ago, Liquor and Poker said:

well, without ads is a different story. Also, in my opinion Prime Video lags way behind Netflix and Hulu and I would not at all pay for it by itself.  YMMV

On 7/23/2019 at 7:02 AM, NoName said:

for what you listed...

Is this true?  Do you get ALL the local channels on YTTV?  I'm asking because I dont know; I've never used YTTV.  I thought I was getting ALL the local channels on cable but I wasnt; I was getting the basic channels.  On YTTTV, do you get the basic local channels AND all the sub-channels?  When I was on cable, I did not know there were all those digital sub-channels out there, and I now watch the sub-channels MORE than the basic channels. 

23 minutes ago, Soldierhorn said:

Is this true?  Do you get ALL the local channels on YTTV?  I'm asking because I dont know; I've never used YTTV.  I thought I was getting ALL the local channels on cable but I wasnt; I was getting the basic channels.  On YTTTV, do you get the basic local channels AND all the sub-channels?  When I was on cable, I did not know there were all those digital sub-channels out there, and I now watch the sub-channels MORE than the basic channels. 

You do not get the sub channels that you are referring too. 

36 minutes ago, Soldierhorn said:

I'm not aware of any cable/sat/OTT service that provides all the over-the-air subs, but there could be one.  Maybe some of the streaming services on Android TV have all of them.  YTTV has three channels that are subs in the DC area...POP, Cozi, Comet TV.

5 minutes ago, DCLonghorn said:

I'm not aware of any cable/sat/OTT service that provides all the over-the-air subs, but there could be one.  Maybe some of the streaming services on Android TV have all of them.  YTTV has three channels that are subs in the DC area...POP, Cozi, Comet TV.

COZI is good and I like Comet A LOT. I get a station of out of college station that hosts Comet tv.  

10 minutes ago, Soldierhorn said:

Of course I do and OTA; about 45-50 channels in all for FREE.   

That wasnt the question. the question was does YTTV deliver ALL the local channels?

Yes, I answered your question, YTTV does not give you all the subchannels that you get over the air. No service has that. 

3 minutes ago, Lobwedgephil said:

Yes, I answered your question, YTTV does not give you all the subchannels that you get over the air. No service has that. 

wow... that may have been what you meant but that is NOT what you said.

you said: "You [as in me being the person you are responding to] do not get the sub channels that you are referring too."   

the response is: yes, I do OTA

• Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Soldierhorn said:

On YTTTV, do you get the basic local channels AND all the sub-channels?

46 minutes ago, Lobwedgephil said:

You do not get the sub channels that you are referring too. 

I was saying on YTTV,  you do not get the sub channels that you are referring too. 

Sorry if that wasn't clear to you, seemed pretty clear to me. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Soldierhorn said:

Of course I do and OTA; about 45-50 channels in all for FREE.   

That wasnt the question. the question was does YTTV deliver ALL the local channels?

no, you get the local affiliates, not the rando OTA. i get what you are asking but this is legit the first time i have ever been in a situation talking about "local channels" via YTTV/Hulu/etc where someone has not meant Fox/CBS/etc

sorry, but no. you do not get those channels. just throw up an antenna at that point

good response.   Yeah, when I had cable, I got all the basic affiliates (around 2008). I had no idea that there were all these other local channels out there that I was not getting on cable.   

What is "rando OTA"?  I've never heard of that term before

Edited by Soldierhorn

In my area, I get 8 main local broadcast (over the air) channels...NBC, ABC, CBS, PBS, CW, Univision, etc.  But if you add up all the redundancy and subchannels, and if I had a nice pair of rabbit ears, I could get 101 channels.  All those other channels are the "rando OTA" channels.  Random Over The Air channels.  Anyone, like me, that's never had an OTA antennae, has never had many of those channels, and are barely aware of their existence, as no cable/sat provider will pay the retransmission fees to broadcast them.

1 hour ago, Soldierhorn said:

good response.   Yeah, when I had cable, I got all the basic affiliates (around 2008). I had no idea that there were all these other local channels out there that I was not getting on cable.   

What is "rando OTA"?  I've never heard of that term before

i am talking about those random OTA channels people can get like GRIT, COZI, MeTV, Laff,  etc

these kind of channels: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_over-the-air_television_networks#Genre-based_and_general_entertainment_TV_networks

Edited by NoName

1 hour ago, DCLonghorn said:

In my area, I get 8 main local broadcast (over the air) channels...NBC, ABC, CBS, PBS, CW, Univision, etc.  But if you add up all the redundancy and subchannels, and if I had a nice pair of rabbit ears, I could get 101 channels.  All those other channels are the "rando OTA" channels.  Random Over The Air channels.  Anyone, like me, that's never had an OTA antennae, has never had many of those channels, and are barely aware of their existence, as no cable/sat provider will pay the retransmission fees to broadcast them.

yeah, I cant remember the year the government mandated digital broadcast (maybe late '90s?) but between that time and when I cut the cord around 2008, apparently, all these sub-channels were added to the basic channels that I had no idea existed - I LOVE it!  If I'm working on something and just want background entertainment and dont feel like listening to the radio, something like MEtv is great.  My grandsons love Gilligan's Island and Green Acres which is still better than 90% of the crap that is on tv now and I dont have to worry about what pervert is coming on next while I'm out of the room. 

• Like 1