Cruz vs Beto

Washpark

5 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

You’re placing my beliefs in an imaginary hierarchical structure that has been completely fabricated inside your head. Asking me to elucidate my reasoning for voting Republican was the extent of the exercise, I believe. Your difficultly digesting the answers doesn’t require my participation. 

You didn't really elucidate anything. You outlined three extraordinarily vague conjectural proposition. I'm letting you off the hook on those unless you want to be more specific, but your own words indicate that they are enough in their totality to overcome bad economic policy. Is that not so? Is that not your trade off? If not, I invite you to clarify your position. 

Edited by Bozo_Casanova

21 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I used to play that game   Tell myself that I’m not that kind of Republican   Then I would turn around and help send exactly that kind of Republican to Austin or Washington.

The GOP has embraced big, intrusive, and bloated government at state and national.  Arguably, it’s one of the largest parts of the GOP’s identity these days.

If you truly don’t support that, then I expect you will be voting against Cruz, Danica Patrick, etc. come November.

Otherwise, you are a part of the problem and you don’t get to pretend that you’re not that kind of Republican.

No, I will be voting Cruz. Regard me as complicit in some form or fashion if you must, but my personally held views are more aligned with the Republican Party. 

18 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

No, I will be voting Cruz. Regard me as complicit in some form or fashion if you must, but my personally held views are more aligned with the Republican Party. 

Hang in there.  Republicans suck but that is the choice when the Democrats and their candidates spout their crap.  

Asexual post was SWAG.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 3

11 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

You didn't really elucidate anything. You outlined three extraordinarily vague conjectural proposition. I'm letting you off the hook on those unless you want to be more specific, but your own words indicate that they are enough in their totality to overcome bad economic policy. Is that not so? Is that not your trade off? If not, I invite you to clarify your position. 

Compartmentalization is how one manages life, this shouldn’t be some foreign concept to you. I vote Republican because I believe in a number of their platforms, I’m puzzled by your insistence that I ascribe my motivations to an imaginary value system of your construction. 

• Fuck You 2

Second Amendment - Dems aren’t wanting to take guns away, they just want reasonable restrictions on assault weapons. Obama did nothing to take guns away, it’s a non-starter.

Strict Border Control - illegal immigration was at an all time low with Obama. Trump has made our policy for legal asylum seekers inhumane and illegal.

Conservative Court - strangely I think this is one place I can’t argue with you that Dems are just as good or better, we just disagree. I think you should be able to marry as should I, and I think repo rights are for a woman to decide as I hope young women chose life just as you do. But we disagree on these issues I suspect.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Orca of Peace said:

question about registration

if i register in Travis county, can  i vote for Beto in another county if i am there on election day?  would the precinct worker find me on the voter roll anywhere in the state?

On election day, you have to vote at your precinct. Do early voting and you can vote anywhere in Travis County. 

I’m not quite sure that you require my posting history to ascertain my position. I stated rather unequivocally, in the post that you quoted, that I disliked a bloated government. 

Is a major political party advocating for “bloated government”?

28 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

Compartmentalization is how one manages life, this shouldn’t be some foreign concept to you. I vote Republican because I believe in a number of their platforms, I’m puzzled by your insistence that I ascribe my motivations to an imaginary value system of your construction. 

So now we are getting somewhere.

At the very least, for you, fiscal policy is not more important than the totality of those things , correct? Meaning, if fiscal policy were more important to you than those other things, you would not vote Republican, correct?

7 hours ago, Larry T. Spider said:

It’s always been ok to be a Democrat in Austin and certain parts of the other Texas cities. But, in many suburbs and smaller towns, you couldn’t admit voting for a Democrat without being a social outcast. It’s prevented any real organization, fundraising, or even campaigning in those areas. Until Beto. This is the first time that we see people in these dark red areas openly putting signs in yards. Is it a fad or the beginning of the end for solid republican rule? Time will tell I guess.

Ever hear why the gay dude in Midland never came out of the closet?

He was worried people might think he was a Democrat. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, troph said:

Second Amendment - Dems aren’t wanting to take guns away, they just want reasonable restrictions on assault weapons. Obama did nothing to take guns away, it’s a non-starter.

Strict Border Control - illegal immigration was at an all time low with Obama. Trump has made our policy for legal asylum seekers inhumane and illegal.

Conservative Court - strangely I think this is one place I can’t argue with you that Dems are just as good or better, we just disagree. I think you should be able to marry as should I, and I think repo rights are for a woman to decide as I hope young women chose life just as you do. But we disagree on these issues I suspect.

Careful! Those are slippery slope arguments that lead to free thought and action.

40 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

So now we are getting somewhere.

At the very least, for you, fiscal policy is not more important than the totality of those things , correct? Meaning, if fiscal policy were more important to you than those other things, you would not vote Republican, correct?

It’s almost time for Sunday dinner, so forgive my brevity on this particular response. No, in your hypothetical I would still vote Republican, as the alternative would be an even less desirable outcome. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 3

3 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

It’s almost time for Sunday dinner, so forgive my brevity on this particular response. No, in your hypothetical I would still vote Republican, as the alternative would be an even less desirable outcome. 

It is pretty clear you have no principled stance here. You are on team Republican and that is it. I am not sure why you can't admit that to yourself. 

How is obvious troll chrispy not in the red? 

He talks like a 19th century Englishman who travelled in time to today whilst watching Alex jones programs for 24 years straight. 

I means he’s so damn proper and so damn dumb that he’s tough to box in. 

5 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

It is pretty clear you have no principled stance here. You are on team Republican and that is it. I am not sure why you can't admit that to yourself. 

I’ve been reduced to tautology at this point and it appears my efforts have been in vain. I’ve voted Republican my entire life, I’ve never claimed otherwise. If presented with a viable alternative, I’ll reassess my position. 

9 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

He talks like a 19th century Englishman who travelled in time to today whilst watching Alex jones programs for 24 years straight. 

I simply have a different political belief than you do, discarding me as a troll is fascinating but an ultimately ineffectual endeavor. I rather enjoy these discussions and earnestly hope that I’ll learn something in return.

7 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

I’ve been reduced to tautology at this point and it appears my efforts have been in vain. I’ve voted Republican my entire life, I’ve never claimed otherwise. If presented with a viable alternative, I’ll reassess my position. 

Libertarian. That way you wouldn't be supporting people who get off on being mean.

10 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

I simply have a different political belief than you do, discarding me as a troll is fascinating but an ultimately ineffectual endeavor. I rather enjoy these discussions and earnestly hope that I’ll learn something in return.

Talk Anglo Saxon like a real American you nancy boy. 

• Fuck You 1

So, in other words, there is no principal or policy more important than party, correct? If not, what principles or policies are more important?

Do you? The point of my line of inquiry is to determine what if any political beliefs you have other than the primacy of voting your party’s candidate..

8 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Dude writes like he learned his English from a BP safety manual. 

I totally disagree with the point you appear to be willing to attempt to be contemporaneously making on this website and would simply respectfully request that instead of engaging in such a manner that you instead exhibit a proper respect for my views and I will therefore endeavor to show to you good sir similar courtesy. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JimmyJames said:

Nah, Just ax him what down Vince Young scored on  in the Rose Bowl.

Oh yeah, he forgot about dinner too.

18 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

So, in other words, there is no principal or policy more important than party, correct? If not, what principles or policies are more important?

That’s a good question. I suppose if you compounded the excess spending with a sudden espousing of border laxation and a disdain of the 2nd amendment, I would have no choice but to abstain from voting. Even then, it would’ve only been an accumulation of policies gone awry that altered my decision. 

19 minutes ago, SaucyJack said:

Nah, Just ax him what down Vince Young scored on  in the Rose Bowl.

Oh yeah, he forgot about dinner too.

Mother in law called the wife, so I’m off the hook for dinner. Much to the chagrin of Surly, apparently. 

24 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

That’s a good question. I suppose if you compounded the excess spending with a sudden espousing of border laxation and a disdain of the 2nd amendment, I would have no choice but to abstain from voting. Even then, it would’ve only been an accumulation of policies gone awry that altered my decision. 

Lol. You’re enjoying yourself now. Ain’t ya mr kahn. 

• Like 1