US surgeon and girlfriend suspected of multiple drug rapes

Huckleberry

9 hours ago, hayden_horn said:

i dunno, i subscribe to the "equally drunk" idea. if my wife is way more drunk than me, it's time for her to sleep it off. if we've gone out and had a good time together, and we're both buzzed or drunk at he same time, together, then i think things are mostly okay. this is also built on a long time of trust, mind you. i don't think i would think the same thing if i was currently in the dating world. 

but i've never stooped to "trying to get someone so drunk they consent." of course, i was usually in the same state of mind.

boundaries these days may seem a little fuzzy to some, but i also think they are more clear.

remember, rape jokes in movies like animal house and revenge off the nerds were standard fare back in the day. times change. and it's a good thing, i think.

edit: by the way, this completely takes any kind of drugs out of the picture as in the OP. evn girls gone wild had an "i'm not drunk, I PROMISE" policy. *wink wink*

Equal drunk is part of equal rights I guess...

14 minutes ago, Capn81 said:

Honestly, ORC, this is the biggest issue with the definition of rape. How do we define it? Does everyone get to define it their own? There are some instances where most, if not all, people agree with what is right/wrong. But there is a ton of gray-area.

"Rape" doesn't really suffer from the definitional problem that more nebulous terms like "sexual assault" have.  The subsidiary term "consent" is really the sticking point.

12 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

"Rape" doesn't really suffer from the definitional problem that more nebulous terms like "sexual assault" have.  The subsidiary term "consent" is really the sticking point.

3 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

You just have to make sure you are drunk as well, that way you can claim she raped you.

In all seriousness, this is a legitimate conundrum.  Two drunk people hook up -- both of them have unquestionably impaired judgment.  So much so that the ability of consent is in doubt.

So....why can't the male also allege that she raped him?  Indeed, we could surely come up with stories (of ourselves, a friend, etc.) where the male -- impaired by booze -- had a sexual encounter that, in the sober light of day, he regrets.  The hard truth is that he COULD make an assault claim.  This is a tough judgment call area for prosecutors and complainants.  

There probably shouldn't be an absolute bright line, but likewise, I think that most folks genuinely know the difference between what's right and wrong; you KNOW when someone is impaired enough to not meaningfully consent, and you should stop your advances -- either male or female.  But there will always be some gray area -- and perhaps the lesson is "tread with caution" when you're anywhere near that gray area.  It may be just fine, even good -- your wife gets tipsy and frisky, and it's a great part of the relationship for both of you.  Or, it may be bad -- a new gal, who you don't know that well, acts the same way....but then regrets her choice when she sobers up.

49 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

In all seriousness, this is a legitimate conundrum.  Two drunk people hook up -- both of them have unquestionably impaired judgment.  So much so that the ability of consent is in doubt.

So....why can't the male also allege that she raped him?  Indeed, we could surely come up with stories (of ourselves, a friend, etc.) where the male -- impaired by booze -- had a sexual encounter that, in the sober light of day, he regrets.  The hard truth is that he COULD make an assault claim.  This is a tough judgment call area for prosecutors and complainants.  

There probably shouldn't be an absolute bright line, but likewise, I think that most folks genuinely know the difference between what's right and wrong; you KNOW when someone is impaired enough to not meaningfully consent, and you should stop your advances -- either male or female.  But there will always be some gray area -- and perhaps the lesson is "tread with caution" when you're anywhere near that gray area.  It may be just fine, even good -- your wife gets tipsy and frisky, and it's a great part of the relationship for both of you.  Or, it may be bad -- a new gal, who you don't know that well, acts the same way....but then regrets her choice when she sobers up.

You assume adult Americans are capable of having rational, objective conversations about tough issues without the emotional pollution of special interest groups.

As it stands, women can pretty much retroactively claim sexual assault without any real statute of limitations. No value judgment, but that's pretty much where it stands these days. I have two children, and I worry 5X more about sexual assault and my son than my daughter.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

10 minutes ago, Flaming Moderate said:

You assume adult Americans are capable of having rational, objective conversations about tough issues without the emotional pollution of special interest groups.

As it stands, women can pretty much retroactively claim sexual assault without any real statute of limitations. No value judgment, but that's pretty much where it stands these days. I have two children, and I worry 5X more about sexual assault and my son than my daughter.

Oh, assume nothing. I described the ideal.

I'm well aware that we have only two approaches -- women must be believed no matter what, and any woman making an allegation is doing so for some nefarious reason and can't be believed.

37 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Oh, assume nothing. I described the ideal.

I'm well aware that we have only two approaches -- women must be believed no matter what, and any woman making an allegation is doing so for some nefarious reason and can't be believed.

LOL. Fair enough. That pretty much summarizes what the Politics board seems to have become since last call at the Cloak Room. Prophet Fucking Mohammed there are a bunch of humorless bigots over there these days.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

I think if I were in college in 2019, I would jokingly/but seriously, provide some sort of LOI or docusign on a phone that a girl has to drunkenly sign before hooking up. There is just too much of the pendulum swinging to where a girl's hurt feelings or social standing can lead to her claiming rape.

Rape is one of those issues where the women's special interest groups have decided they don't want to be equal yet.

• Like 3
  • Fuck You 2

1 minute ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

I mean, athletes and celebrities have already been conditioned to things like LOI's and NDA's and signatures for consent to avoid the bullshittery, it's only a matter of time before the upper-middle class and those with a decent amount to lose (opportunities/jobs/scholarships/etc.) sees it as a good idea and we just see it as a normal thing to paper-up. Why not, everything else is done that way above a certain threshold, why not treat sex as a transaction as well?  That's all it is outside of a marriage anyways, it can be argued.

Agreed, but the argument goes she can retroactively rescind consent or signature, so it would lose its teeth.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

there's a reason why we spent 3x as long studying rape as a topic in criminal law class as anything else.  it's a really tough subject.  it's the only crime where the objective, knowable acts happen on a regular basis and aren't at all criminal.  (how many times a day is someone's wallet taken out of their pocket  by a stranger in rome and it not be criminal?)  it's the only crime where the subjective intent of the victim is a major question.  that subjective intent gets measured objectively later (how did this subjective intent manifest itself?).  and lets keep in mind that throughout most of history, the laws were written and judged by men who were usually some of the biggest swinging dicks around, and they were imaging their big swinging dick selves and how they would react in this situation that they'd never found themselves in, and of course they were heroes in their imagination. 

"so, you didn't kick him in the balls and bite his dick off and stab him and yell for help?  that's what i would have done!  clearly you weren't raped!"

and this attitude hasn't fully disappeared.  it wasn't all that long ago some asshole shot his mouth off in public saying that a woman couldn't get pregnant from rape.  just think how many people were privately nodding their heads to that. 

hell, having sex with your own wife against her will wasn't a criminal act until fairly recently (and judging from the politics board i'm not sure everyone has gotten the memo).

Edited by elfenix
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

I think if I were in college in 2019, I would jokingly/but seriously, provide some sort of LOI or docusign on a phone that a girl has to drunkenly sign giving consent before hooking up. There is just too much of the pendulum swinging to where a girl's hurt feelings or social standing can lead to her claiming rape.

This exists.

13 minutes ago, TornACL said:

It would certainly be an interesting ice breaker at cocktail parties.

"Oh so what do you do?"

"I am the owner of a new startup in the rape industry."

god, you are a terrible salesman.

in front of the VC, you never say "rape." you say "i am the owner of a new startup in the sexual consent industry."

in related system, check out this awesome app for iceland sex hookups:

http://mentalfloss.com/article/76323/app-keeps-icelanders-dating-their-relatives

Iceland—home to under 330,000 people—is a relatively small country. And about two-thirds of Icelanders live in or near Reykjavík, the country’s capital. With a small population clustered together in a relatively small space, you can see how it would be easy to be distantly related to someone without realizing it. It’s such a problem, in fact, that there’s a mobile app called Íslendinga-App that helps Icelanders determine if their potential romantic interest is actually a little-known cousin or long-lost aunt.

To prevent any accidental familial hookups, a company called Sad Engineers Studios created the app using information from an online genealogical database. The collection dates back more than a thousand years and contains extensive information for more than 720,000 Icelanders. Typing in a name will do the trick, but Icelanders who are face-to-face can simply bump phones for results (if they both have the app, that is). Sad Engineers calls this feature "Sifjaspellsspillir," or "Incest Spoiler." As the slogan says, “Bump the app before you bump in bed.”

If you're thinking it can really be that big of a problem, apparently it is. “Everyone has heard the story of going to a family event and running into a girl you hooked up with some time ago," Icelander Einar Magnusson told USA Today.

In addition to the small population issue, there’s also Iceland’s unique naming convention: Instead of adopting their mother’s or father’s surname, children often add their parents’ first names. Take one of Iceland’s most famous exports, Björk. Her full name is Björk Guðmundsdóttir, with “dóttir” meaning “daughter.” So she is Björk, daughter of Guðmundur. And to make it more confusing, children can adopt the first names of both parents. The former mayor of Reykjavík, Dagur Bergþóruson Eggertsson, is Dagur, son of Bergþóra, son of Eggert.

So while a distinctive last name could be your saving grace in the U.S.—“Wait, you’re a Jingleheimer-Schmidt? So am I! Of the Boston Jingleheimer-Schmidts?”—the Icelandic naming convention prevents families from having shared last names.

Avoiding an embarrassing hookup is a big perk, but that's not all the app does. It also lists popular names, culls interesting statistics, and provides a calendar of relatives’ birthdays.

• Like 1

On 9/20/2018 at 3:51 PM, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

I think if I were in college in 2019, I would jokingly/but seriously, provide some sort of LOI or docusign on a phone that a girl has to drunkenly sign giving consent before hooking up. There is just too much of the pendulum swinging to where a girl's hurt feelings or social standing can lead to her claiming rape.

See Kendall Sanders and Meander...

On 9/19/2018 at 10:47 AM, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

I'm Gen-X. I'm old enough that, not just this case, but most of my assumed and what I thought were majority held beliefs/worldview/perceptions, are seemingly out of harmony with a lot of people's on this site and millennial's in general.

On 9/19/2018 at 10:54 AM, HenryJames said:

Or maybe you're just a fucking idiot.

latest?cb=20140119020559

On 9/20/2018 at 2:51 PM, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

Wouldn’t matter. Girl would just say she verbally withdrew consent at some point and it’d be right back to who do you believe. 

• 1 month later...

This case is falling the fuck apart. 

They seized a lot of evidence that the doc and his GF got tons of pussy.  They don't seem to have any evidence of drugging and rape. 

...But there’s a huge problem with those reports, as well as for Rackauckas: There’s no credible evidence even now—more than a month after the arrests—that a single rape occurred. I’ll offer an alternative version of events: Unlike the sinister tones the DA places on the defendants’ trips to bars, they—like thousands of other people every night in OC—went to socialize with friends and new acquaintances. By their own choice, women visited the couple’s home and freely consumed booze and narcotics. They also willingly engaged in sex with the doctor and his girlfriend.

How can I make a statement so at odds with Rackauckas’ pre-election tale?

The Weekly has learned that investigators grabbed about 70,902 videos from the couple during the raid. Most of them recorded vacations, concerts and routine events. There are numerous sex videos involving clearly awake ex-girlfriends, none of whom have claimed rape. Fewer than 20 show group sex, which the DA must know is not a crime. Not one of those recordings shows anyone being raped while conscious or not.

scott-moxley.jpg Moxley Confidential

In fact, the videos memorialize a long list of beautiful, fit, twentysomething women who found the doctor irresistibly attractive and sexually desirable. Women Rackauckas had labeled as unconscious are seen riding on top of a prone Robicheaux in bed, moaning and making statements such as “Oh, my God!” and “Ohhhh!” and “Oh, yeah!” The footage also shows all of the women engaging in one or more of the following acts: asking the doctor how he likes oral copulation performed, giggling, kissing him, walking, undressing him, dancing, fondling their own breasts, outright laughing, holding their legs up for intercourse, smiling, caressing him, joyously jawing into his camera, taking their own clothes off, making out with other females, and positioning themselves on all fours. One woman is seen wearing a birth-control patch on her ass as she walks around his bedroom. On a separate occasion, another wide-awake woman asks Riley for permission to perform oral sex on Robicheaux before their three-way encounter.

With those details hidden from the public and not content with his first round of accusations, the DA summoned reporters again three days later by adding kidnapping charges and requesting a bail increase to $3 million for each defendant. Robicheaux and Riley were an imminent threat to the community, he suggested.

Dr.Evil_-1024x576.jpg DA Evil (Art design by R. Scott Moxley / photo illustration by Richie Beckman)

But Rackauckas’ gamble to win election on a trumped-up case failed on Nov. 6, when voters finally rejected his candidacy. As it turned out, the race wasn’t a nail-biter. Rackauckas lost by 50,000 votes. And he didn’t graciously concede.

Not surprisingly, Spitzer was the first person to become suspicious of the Robicheaux/Riley mess. He’s been chronicling his nemesis’ mismanagement and offenses for years. After an early-January swearing-in ceremony, the supervisor will take control of the DA’s office. We can only hope he ushers in a new, cleansing era. He promised during a post-election chat that he won’t run a “dirty” operation.

That interview prompted thoughts back to Rackauckas standing in front of me after he’d been recused from Dekraai three years ago. When his stare ended and his clenched jaw relaxed, the DA broke into a disingenuous smile, the precursor to a smart-ass, rhetorical question. How should he proceed? I told him to clean up his act and fire the cheaters on his staff. He snorted and walked away.

Edited by Gil Bang

In fact, the videos memorialize a long list of beautiful, fit, twentysomething women who found the doctor irresistibly attractive and sexually desirable. Women Rackauckas had labeled as unconscious are seen riding on top of a prone Robicheaux in bed, moaning and making statements such as “Oh, my God!” and “Ohhhh!” and “Oh, yeah!” The footage also shows all of the women engaging in one or more of the following acts: asking the doctor how he likes oral copulation performed, giggling, kissing him, walking, undressing him, dancing, fondling their own breasts, outright laughing, holding their legs up for intercourse, smiling, caressing him, joyously jawing into his camera, taking their own clothes off, making out with other females, and positioning themselves on all fours. One woman is seen wearing a birth-control patch on her ass as she walks around his bedroom. On a separate occasion, another wide-awake woman asks Riley for permission to perform oral sex on Robicheaux before their three-way encounter.

Dooooooonnnnnnnnn't I know it...

11 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Don't read this if you're an incel, it might leave you triggered....

19 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

But Rackauckas’ gamble to win election on a trumped-up case failed on Nov. 6, when voters finally rejected his candidacy. As it turned out, the race wasn’t a nail-biter. Rackauckas lost by 50,000 votes. And he didn’t graciously concede.

This is a bullshit case from the get-go.  Mike Nifong DA shit.

Thanks to this thread, I had to sleep through a nighmare where I was constantly being roofied and drugged by a sex-trafficking ring in somewhere out in LA (though my captors allowed me to play with their boobs).  

Edited by Fart