Sunday Night Football - Texas Edition: Dallas Cowboys @ Houston Texans

TexasMan

1 minute ago, Ghost of Shag said:

I just don’t know what Woods is supposed to do in that situation.

Seems the only option he has is to do nothing.

Exactly. If he doesn't hit him hard he catches the ball. Receivers are huge and catch anything close. If you can't hit them just go to flag football

9 minutes ago, Mileslong said:

What a bullshit call, you seriously can’t hit anyone catching a ball full speed?!

Not head to head on a receiver making a catch.

If it was just a shoulder to the midsection, then it would be debatable.

Helmet to helmet is damned near auto flag in that situation.

FTR- Cowboy fan too.

Not head to head on a receiver making a catch.
If it was just a shoulder to the midsection, then it would be debatable.
Helmet to helmet is damned near auto flag in that situation.
FTR- Cowboy fan too.

He led with his hands and momentum led to parts of their helmets hitting. That’s 90% of the plays with a RB
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Mileslong said:

He led with his hands and momentum led to parts of their helmets hitting. That’s 90% of the plays with a RB

The difference is the RB is initiating some of the contact by ducking his head, the WR is looking for the ball so his head is up.

I don't agree with the new targeting shit at all but I understand why they had to do it - because they ignored all the concussion shit for so long they got their asses sued.

2 minutes ago, Mileslong said:

agreed on the RB part.  the contact to the head was not incidental.  That's why Coutee is in the medical tent right now.

Just now, Zavala said:

The difference is the RB is initiating some of the contact by ducking his head, the WR is looking for the ball so his head is up.

I don't agree with the new targeting shit at all but I understand why they had to do it - because they ignored all the concussion shit for so long they got their asses sued.

I get it as well, but it is impossible to play db in the NFL, which i guess is what they want since they like scoring. 

Just now, Mileslong said:

If every coach in the country would simply put their QB under center and sneak it, they would pick up the 6” to 1 yard 99% of the time. Instead they either hand it off deep or in UT’s case, go from the fucking shotgun

depends if the defense guesses that it is coming. You can pinch the line and jump the LBs in the a gaps to stop it.

Just now, Mo Horn said:

I get it as well, but it is impossible to play db in the NFL, which i guess is what they want since they like scoring. 

The amazing part is that the DBs actually get by ok if they play the ball and know the crafty little moves they can get away with.

I think that is the biggest gap between the pro game and the college game. The DBs are all super fast, super skilled, and the schemes are insane. All the QBs that have success throw it into tiny windows just clearing the db. Shit even the WRs have to use "late hands" so they don't show that the ball is on it's way until the last instant then they move for the catch, so they don't give away when and where the ball is coming in for faceguarding.