The Baylol matchup thread

horn_of_the_morning

I didn't see a letdown from beating USC when we played TCU.  One could argue that the 2nd half of the KSU game was a letdown after TCU but I'd think that would have happened early.  Herman seems to be focused on the next game all the time.  His 2017 Longhorns fought tooth and nail for 5 straight games from USC to Okie State.  A letdown against Baylor is not high on my list of worries.

26 minutes ago, fellside said:

Alex Barnes from KSU ran for 250 yards and 3 TDs on 22 carries yesterday against Baylor.

I think this is Keontay Ingram's game to dominate.

Maybe they were giving up the run to contain KSU's high flying passing attack.

• Like 1

I only watched Baylor v Kansas State thus far:

Surprisingly little run game or formation magic for what Rhule was doing at Temple.  I guess it's power-based, but they suck at it and abandon it quickly.   Run and Shoot passing attack.  They like 1v1 deep shots. A few big receivers that handle this well and Brewer doesn't suck.  He's nuts on third down and doesn't turn it over.  OLine is wesk or this offense might be really good.

Defensive can be summed up by aggressive but unsound.  Lots of Cover 1 pressures and they aren't good enough in the secondary to do it.  LBs either blitz or play stuck in sand.  Secondary is abusable.  We should have our way any way we choose.

• Like 2

Not a football expert like so many of you guys, so I have questions.

Baylor is 4-2. This seems wrong. Didn't they go winless last year?

How many scholarship players to they actually have?

How many rapists will be stepping onto the field and should we return the favor?

Who is the Matt Rhule guy and should we hire him to be our OC?

Why does Baylor continue to exist?

Can we clear the bench for once? Would love to see Ojomo, Coburn, Rising.

[Closetojumping]Will Sam finally throw 3 INT's?[/Closetojumping]

1 minute ago, Thetexashammer said:

Not a football expert like so many of you guys, so I have questions.

Baylor is 4-2. This seems wrong. Didn't they go winless last year?

How many scholarship players to they actually have?

How many rapists will be stepping onto the field and should we return the favor?

Who is the Matt Rhule guy and should we hire him to be our OC?

Why does Baylor continue to exist?

Can we clear the bench for once? Would love to see Ojomo, Coburn, Rising.

[Closetojumping]Will Sam finally throw 3 INT's?[/Closetojumping]

It helps a lot that their non-conf schedule was Abilene Christian, UTSA and Duke.  If that wasn't enough, 2 of their first 3 conference games were KU and KSU.

Barring a rash of turnovers Texas should be able to move the ball effectively with the run game getting better as the game goes on. Should score plenty. Defense will probably get burned on a couple big pass plays but should get a decent amount of stops from getting Baylor into third and long on a regular basis. I honestly doubt Texas covers though, which sucks, because I would love to see some killer instinct out of this team going into the bye. Coaches seem to take the foot off the gas with a lead and that trickles down. So instead I'm just hoping it isn't a dreaded Herman egg laying.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Texas has been playing up to or down to the level of it's competition so far.   I want to see Texas come out and play to their own standard and flat out dominate the rapists.  No safe words at all.

This is the continued improvement I’m hoping for.