NLCS- Dodgers v Brewers

Sbbruin

Just now, Monster said:

Brewers have never won the national league pennant, according to wikipedia.

Seems improbable they'll beat either of the AL superteams, but would be glad to see them knock off LA here and get their first national league title.

I'd much rather their usurping asses go back to the AL.  f bud

CF Lorenzo Cain R
RF C. Yelich L
LF Ryan Braun R
1B J. Aguilar R
3B M. Moustakas L
2B J. Schoop R
C Manny Pina R
SS O. Arcia R
P Gio Gonzalez L

LF Chris Taylor R
3B J. Turner R
1B David Freese R
SS M. Machado R
2B Brian Dozier R
CF E. Hernandez R
RF Yasiel Puig R
C A. Barnes R
P Rich Hill L

Schoop & Dozier get to play. 

not popular, but aguilar is supposed to take his foot off the bag there. was it cheap? yeah, but i like it. it's the playoffs. i like guys playing with an edge. again, maybe it's cheap, but so were a bunch of my favorite athletes, especially come playoff time- rodman, draymond, the bad boy pistons, etc. makes the game more lively. 

Edited by Goo Punch

2 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

not popular, but aguilar is supposed to take his foot off the bag there. was it cheap? yeah, but i like it. it's the playoffs. i like guys playing with an edge. 

Dude...

Whenever I see you and ask you how you’re doing, you say, ‘I’m chillin.’ I know that’s your personality, that’s how you are. But there was a ball the other night, and you didn’t run hard. Manny, you know this, at this time of year people notice that kind of thing, so how would you explain it? What happened?

Machado: “Uhhh … (pause) … I’ve been thinking about it and it happens every time, there’s no excuse for it honestly. I’ve never given excuses for not running. I’m not hurt, there’s no excuse but I’ve been the same player … I’ve been doing this for eight years, I’m in The Show for eight years, I’ve done the same thing for eight years, I’ve been the same player. (Machado actually just completed his seventh season.)

“Obviously I’m not going to change, I’m not the type of player that’s going to be ‘Johnny Hustle,’ and run down the line and slide to first base and … you know, whatever can happen. That’s just not my personality, that’s not my cup of tea, that’s not who I am.

“Should I have run on that pitch? Yeah … but I didn’t and I gotta pay the consequences for it. It does look bad. It looks terrible. I look back at the video and I’m like, ‘Woah, what was I doing?’ You know, just the emotions of the game … I’m the type of player that has stayed in the zone, I’m playing and I’m just in the zone.

“On 3-0, I’m trying to drive one out. I hit a 100 mph groundball (actually 76 mph) right into the shift, right to the shortstop … before I even step out of the box, I look to the shortstop, he has the ball in his hands and I’m like, ‘I’m out.’ … I mean, what am I going to do?

“Should I have given it a little more effort? One hundred percent. (It’s) my fault like always, I mean that’s just my mentality when I’m in the game. (There are) things that you learn, things that you gotta change. I’ve tried changing it for eight years and I still can’t figure it out but, one of these days I will.”

He literally said this this morning, and this is his version of "playing with an edge?"

Edited by Beau Vine
  • Like 1