Appalachian State

Huckleberry

Lost to Penn State in overtime, have obliterated the rest of their weak schedule. They should be at least three touchdown favorites in each of their remaining games, so they should end up 11-1 in the regular season with only the overtime loss in State College. They are essentially #29 in the latest AP Poll, they'll probably end up a Top 15 team this season. Just thought I'd point out a small subplot to the season. If they'd closed out that game against Penn State then it could have been a really interesting story.

http://www.adjustedstats.com/cfbteams.php?team=Appalachian+St.

Edited by Huckleberry

5 minutes ago, futureman said:

yeah there’s skiing you halfwit. 

I was referring to the most common form of skiing you dumbass, which would be snow skiing.  

2 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Are you aware that elevation affects climate?

Yes, but NC isn't known for consistently colder tems and snowfall.  

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

Lost to Penn State in overtime, have obliterated the rest of their weak schedule. They should be at least three touchdown favorites in each of their remaining games, so they should end up 11-1 in the regular season with only the overtime loss in State College. They are essentially #29 in the latest AP Poll, they'll probably end up a Top 15 team this season. Just thought I'd point out a small subplot to the season. If they'd closed out that game against Penn State then it could have been a really interesting story.

http://www.adjustedstats.com/cfbteams.php?team=Appalachian+St.

Y0U'RE P0LE IS GUNNA L00K PLENNY ST00PID WIN APPIE SATTE C0MES IN2 SAN MARCUS TEXAS AND GITS THERE ASSESS WHIPPED.

16 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

More like ice skating on hills.

Which is why classes are empty when 2 or more inches of fresh powder falls.

I was seasonal bum in the area 30 years ago. My eldest caught my love for the area and is an AppSt freshman. I'll be there next weekend for parents weekend.

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP

28 minutes ago, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

You guys do know Beech Mountain's elevation is a thousand feet higher than Denver's?

Four ski areas within 30-45 minutes of campus. Yes, they rely heavily on manmade snow.

I didn't know that, will check it out when I go to visit my niece and nephew later this year in Fayetteville North Carolina...

Haha, Appalachia mountain topography & temperature involving elevation won't go away..?

Appalachian State still has the 2nd best win I have ever seen in an upset at Ann Arbor, besides Kordell Stewart back with Colorado dropping the hail mary bomb...

2 hours ago, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

Which is why classes are empty when 2 or more inches of fresh powder falls.

I was seasonal bum in the area 30 years ago. My eldest caught my love for the area and is an AppSt freshman. I'll be there next weekend for parents weekend.

Yeah, cut my teeth skiing in Va. at Wintergreen back in the late 70's early 80's.