2018-2019 San Antonio Spurs: Fuck Kawhi Leonard

Michael Knight

20 minutes ago, EvilCaseMcCoy said:

Kawhi with a pop and patty hug after the game.  Glad he showed some class.

It def seemed like this has been a fun season for him when he's been able to play and not think about the spurs.  This game made him face the music and he struggled with the emotions. 

You could tell he wanted the W - whereas in other games if he doesn't get a call he shrugs it off, in this one he was more vocal toward the refs and showed some emotion on no-calls.  I loved that the Spurs denied him - FUCK Leonard.  Quit on his team.

God damn, that game was fun! Really happy that I was able to be there for that. The energy was playoff level all night, honestly more energy than a lot of playoff games I've been to. It was definitely a cathartic experience to be able to release all the frustration over the whole Kawhi situation by booing him along with all the other fans. I don't think the fans will do that to him really in any other games. I think we all had to get it out that one game, and then seeing Pop and Kawhi hug and talk for a while after the game kind of buried the hatchet for me.

I love this Spurs team and I know we won't be winning a championship this year, but the future is bright.

I’ll never forgive either of them. Kawhi is a man. He could have told his uncle to fuck off and hire some real representation. He could have kept his uncle on his payroll without being his main voice, but he didn’t. Fuck them both eternally.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Hate said:

I’ll never forgive either of them. Kawhi is a man. He could have told his uncle to fuck off and hire some real representation. He could have kept his uncle on his payroll without being his main voice, but he didn’t. Fuck them both eternally.

Username checks out. 

I may forgive..... but I'll never forget.

40 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Username checks out. 

I may forgive..... but I'll never forget.

It would be one thing if he were the type of player that seemed hell bent on "improving his brand" and "getting to a bigger market".  But the only thing we ever heard from that stupid fucker was that he only wanted to play basketball and compete for titles.  Where better to do that than with a proven organization with a long history of competing for titles?  He made us think he was the heir apparent, but he let some stupid fucking family member get in his ear and the rest is now history.  I hope he never sniffs the Finals again and I hope he loses wherever he ends up.  And I hope his uncle contracts ebola and bleeds out of his eyeballs for the rest of his life.  I've never hated an athlete the way that I hate Kawhi and I will never ever get over it.  If that makes me petty and bitter, so be it.

Edited by Hate
  • Like 8

12 minutes ago, Hate said:

It would be one thing if he were the type of player that seemed hell bent on "improving his brand" and "getting to a bigger market".  But the only thing we ever heard for that stupid fucker was that he only wanted to play basketball and compete for titles.  Where better to do that than with a proven organization with a long history of competing for titles?  He made us think he was the heir apparent, but he let some stupid fucking family member get in his ear and the rest is now history.  I hope he never sniffs the Finals again and I hope he loses wherever he ends up.  And I hope his uncle contracts ebola and bleeds out of his eyeballs for the rest of his life.  I've never hated an athlete the way that I hate Kawhi and I will never ever get over it.  If that makes me petty and bitter, so be it.

I Was With you up until ebola eyes part. 

• Like 1

^Lulz

As far as Kawhi is concerned, I think I've finally hit a point where I'm sincerely glad he's gone.

He's a 14 year old girl in a grown ass man's body.  Granted, the basketball skill and the ability are all there, but dude is an emotional and mental drama queen.

Good Luck sweet cheeks.

16 hours ago, F250 said:

Seriously, the last several days have been great for sports. Still riding high on the Sugar Bowl and then Kawhi is forced to face San Antonio for his betrayal.

A lot of demons were exercised this week.

True - no one wants out of shape, overweight demons.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, miguelito said:

LMA throwing up the Hook 'em sign at the end

Pop has got things together and gelling nicely now with a set rotation that has shined once Gasol was removed from the equation and Cunningham's minutes were reduced. There were a lot of questions if an offense heavily based around the mid-range could succeed and it's succeeding. The Spurs are 4th in FG%, 1st in 3 point % and are leading the league in free throw shooting %. That's proof that the offense is succeeding, my hat is off to Pop. Erase those shit losses to Chicago and Phoenix and the Spurs would be sitting atop the Southwest division.

• Like 1

On 1/5/2019 at 12:20 PM, Braff Zacklin said:

Were people going out of their way to talk shit to her, or did she start shooting off because they were booing Kawhi and they reacted?

That's what I detected.

Yeah, if she's just there to watch her son, definitely off limits.

If she starts poppin' off trying to play Rescue Ranger, well, now that's just a whole different deal ain't it?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Cajun said:

That's what I detected.

Yeah, if she's just there to watch her son, definitely off limits.

If she starts poppin' off trying to play Rescue Ranger, well, now that's just a whole different deal ain't it?

Well he definitely doesn’t speak for himself.

• Like 1

The West is starting to take form.  While it's still very close from 1-7, several teams are starting to fall out of it like Dallas, Memphis, and maybe New Orleans.  All are 9 or back of 1st and 4 or more back of 7th.  Utah is surging, as is Houston and ourselves.  Teams like Memphis and the Kings have fallen back.  Lakers are in 8th but they'll eventually get Lebron back and should be able to secure a playoff spot.  Utah has gotten back to .500 and wouldn't be surprised if they back into the lower seeds in the next 20 games.  

To me.... I would say Denver, GSW, OKC and probably Houston end up with the top 4 seeds if CP3 can eventually make it back before Harden starts suffering from regression.  That leaves us somewhere around 5-10 unless we make a lot of hay on the RRT.

41 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

The West is starting to take form.  While it's still very close from 1-7, several teams are starting to fall out of it like Dallas, Memphis, and maybe New Orleans.  All are 9 or back of 1st and 4 or more back of 7th.  Utah is surging, as is Houston and ourselves.  Teams like Memphis and the Kings have fallen back.  Lakers are in 8th but they'll eventually get Lebron back and should be able to secure a playoff spot.  Utah has gotten back to .500 and wouldn't be surprised if they back into the lower seeds in the next 20 games.  

To me.... I would say Denver, GSW, OKC and probably Houston end up with the top 4 seeds if CP3 can eventually make it back before Harden starts suffering from regression.  That leaves us somewhere around 5-10 unless we make a lot of hay on the RRT.

18 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

If the Lakers end up with the No.7 or 8 seed, what a nightmare draw it would be for the top- or second-seeded team.

Spurs are starting to convince me they'd have a puncher's chance, as well.

Timely posts are timely. Thanks for putting what we've seen thus far into perspective I'm getting intrigued by this team again as the hangover of losing Kawhi and the myriad 130+ defensive efforts from early in the season look smaller and smaller in the rear-view mirror. This year's NBA looks a bit add as there's been a smattering of teams all hovering a few points above or below .500 and nobody really running away. Will anybody win 60 games this year? I'll have to look to see when the last time that happened but first guess would be sometime in the early 80's.

Went and looked and the last time the NBA went without a 60-game winner was 2000-01 when the Spurs led the league with 58 wins. The Lakers and Sixers had 56. Before that, the last time it occurred was in 1978-79 when the Bullets led the league with 54 wins. Seattle had 52. Interestingly, the NBA didn't have a 60-game winner from 1975-76 through the 78-79 season. The NBA went to 82-game schedule in 1967-68 and these are the seasons without 60-game winners:

• 1968-69
  • 1973-74
  • 1975-76
  • 1976-77
  • 1977-78
  • 1978-79
  • 2000-01

The Raptors are a league-best 30-12 (.714 winning percentage). It takes a .732 winning percentage to get to an even 60-22. Milwaukee is at .711 and Denver is at .703.

24 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Timely posts are timely. Thanks for putting what we've seen thus far into perspective I'm getting intrigued by this team again as the hangover of losing Kawhi and the myriad 130+ defensive efforts from early in the season look smaller and smaller in the rear-view mirror. This year's NBA looks a bit add as there's been a smattering of teams all hovering a few points above or below .500 and nobody really running away. Will anybody win 60 games this year? I'll have to look to see when the last time that happened but first guess would be sometime in the early 80's.

It's incredible how closely contested the West is right now and of course the East could potentially end up with 3 sub .500 teams in the playoffs. The NBA seriously needs to reconsider it's playoff format and include the Top 16 teams regardless of conference, no reason why teams 5-10 games over .500 in the West should sit at home because a team 5 games under .500 from the East earns a free ride into the playoffs.