2018-2019 San Antonio Spurs: Fuck Kawhi Leonard

Michael Knight

2 hours ago, Chad said:

Was hoping he'd change his legacy's trajectory here, but he's just about continued his path imo. Same playoff player, solid/not great, won't carry your team but a capable 2nd option. Has the occasional breakout game where he pours it on (a couple games against he warriors a few years ago come to mind, when Kawhi was off, pre-Zaza year).

Still enjoy him as a Spur, but always hoped he'd grow into something more than what he is, which is still worth having but..... yeah....

29 minutes ago, BurdineBandit said:

Was hoping he'd change his legacy's trajectory here, but he's just about continued his path imo. Same playoff player, solid/not great, won't carry your team but a capable 2nd option. Has the occasional breakout game where he pours it on (a couple games against he warriors a few years ago come to mind, when Kawhi was off, pre-Zaza year).

Still enjoy him as a Spur, but always hoped he'd grow into something more than what he is, which is still worth having but..... yeah....

He was supposed to be the #2 to Kawhi.  He's not a franchise player but he's had to operate like one.  After that first year, where I think he had anxiety about change, he's been a good Spur.  I'm sure he looks at Portland, who may go farther than us, and wonders what could have been.  Kawhi ruined a lot of people's futures.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BurdineBandit said:

The Spurs had a finals MVP/DPOTY/cornerstone in place when LMA was signed. He was intended to be the #2 guy, when the #1 guy bitched out he was forced to be the #1 because there was nobody else on the roster capable of filling that void. Manu was pushing 40, Tony was in the twilight of his career so that left LMA as the guy. He's been great the last 2 years as a Spur and with his finesse play style he'll still be a solid contributor for the foreseeable future. The Spurs took a gamble with DeRozan and during the early portion of the season it appeared it was going to pay off, since then it's been mixed results. Last season LMA carried the Spurs in Kawhi's absence, nobody else could consistently put up points from one game to the next except for LMA.

• Like 2

On 4/22/2019 at 7:15 AM, Chad said:

Can't wait to see what the Spurs do with an additional first rounder from Toronto. It's been incredible to watch the success maintained throughout the years picking through the scrap pile late in the first year after year.

Alrighty.  I guess we'll see what happens.  I'm cautiously optimistic.  What's the percentage of winning the series when winning game 5? 

Time for pop to be the HOF coach he is and squeeze every ounce from this team. 

5 minutes ago, Radical Larry said:

Why in the fuck does Pop insist on going back to this lineup? 

He’s old?

White needs to play way more than he is and Patty, Marco, and Rudy need to play much, much less. I’m a broken record.

Edited by Kermit
  • Haha 1

Whatever the NBA record is for missed unguarded layups, we’re going to break it. Just a horrific performance.

Early in the fourth quarter of Game 2, I actually thought we were building something. Now I know it was a straw house sitting on quicksand. We need a lot of help.