2018-2019 San Antonio Spurs: Fuck Kawhi Leonard

Michael Knight

2 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

So what happens when Murray comes back (assuming he comes back 100% healthy). Cause White has ice water in his fucking veins.

You play them both? They’re terrors on the defensive end and are interchangeable. Move Brynn’s ass to the bench.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

So what happens when Murray comes back (assuming he comes back 100% healthy). Cause White has ice water in his fucking veins.

Well, it's not like Forbes has the other guard spot locked down.  

White, Murray, derozen as your 123  would work.  Would be nice of they all became above average at 3pters though.

1 minute ago, Kermit said:

You play them both? They’re terrors on the defensive end and are interchangeable. Move Brynn’s ass to the bench.

Thank you. Murray tore his ACL after showing incredible promise the 2nd half of last season. White coming out of nowhere has been incredible but can we quit detracting from Murray's potential and acting like he's some scrub, please? I hope he comes back healthy and crushes it next year. Run some 3 guard sets. Slot him or White into the 6th man role. 

4 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

He is a future all star, dude is a complete stud.

Whether he ever reaches that stature or not, he’s a classic example of what makes the Spurs a model organization. They obviously don’t mind taking a slightly older player with the mentality to be coached. Kid seems totally unflappable, which really helps anyone running the offense under Pop. 

• Like 1

By the way, this is why you don't go for the all or nothing approach every time a team is stuck in the "above average" zone. Yeah, this Spurs team probably isn't a true contender, but you don't get Derrick White blossoming into the next great Spurs guard if you just try to tank for the 10th-worst record or whatever.

3 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Thank you. Murray tore his ACL after showing incredible promise the 2nd half of last season. White coming out of nowhere has been incredible but can we quit detracting from Murray's potential and acting like he's some scrub, please? I hope he comes back healthy and crushes it next year. Run some 3 guard sets. Slot him or White into the 6th man role. 

Has anyone said this? We all know DJ is good, it is just that if we are forced to make a choice, DJ is too weak offensively compared to White. Pop will find a way to utilize both I am sure and the Spurs will be better for it. It is a good time to be a fan. Future is bright.

On 4/14/2019 at 12:38 AM, The_Great_Hornsby said:

He is miles better than Murray. Murray cant score to save his life, he has a broken J. He is a liability on offense.

Quit being a fucking clown. No one is hating on White. They both have incredible promise. Saying shit like this about a developing player that suffered a season ending injury is just disrespectful. 

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Quit being a fucking clown. No one is hating on White. They both have incredible promise. Saying shit like this about a developing player that suffered a season ending injury is just disrespectful. 

Name the false statement in there? He is bad on offense, probably a little harsh on cant score to save his life. The rest is accurate

Edited by The_Great_Hornsby

5 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Name the false statement in there? He is bad on offense, probably a little harsh on cant score to save his life. The rest is accurate

This was his 2nd half of 2018

First Last G GS MP FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS GmSc +/-
2018-01-08 2018-04-11 40 35 25.6 4.3 9.1 .468 0.2 0.5 .316 1.5 2.0 .725 1.7 5.2 7.0 3.4 1.7 0.5 1.8 2.1 10.1 9.8 1.7

Please tell me how that is "bad" on offense. No he isn't a 3P shooter - but he was putting up 10 ppg, close to a 2.0 AST/TO ratio on 47/72 FG/FT splits with close to 2 offensive boards per game in just 26 minutes. 

This is easily accessible stuff, man. Obviously White is a more talented scorer. That doesn't make Murray a "liability" on offense. 

Murray is a work in progress offensively but the only thing broke is his jumper. It's not like they haven't seen this before and it's not like they don't have the best shooting coach ever. They fixed Kawhi. They made Tony and his jacked up sideways rotation into a competent jump shooter. Murray will get there. Murray is really young and by all accounts a hard worker and he's got some serious shake to his game off the bounce and freakishly long arms. He will eventually be a very good finisher at the rim. He doesn't see the floor as well as White but that will come too. The bigger issue is how do you space the floor with Murray and Derozen. I have no faith in DeMar ever becoming a good jump shooter. Old dogs and new tricks.

11 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Murray is a work in progress offensively but the only thing broke is his jumper. It's not like they haven't seen this before and it's not like they don't have the best shooting coach ever. They fixed Kawhi. They made Tony and his jacked up sideways rotation into a competent jump shooter. Murray will get there. Murray is really young and by all accounts a hard worker and he's got some serious shake to his game off the bounce and freakishly long arms. He will eventually be a very good finisher at the rim. He doesn't see the floor as well as White but that will come too. The bigger issue is how do you space the floor with Murray and Derozen. I have no faith in DeMar ever becoming a good jump shooter. Old dogs and new tricks.

You do everything you can to trade Demar...... That's how you fix it.

• Like 1

Very satisfying win as Denver played (and shot) well. Differences were the Spurs taking care of the ball, crashing the glass, and getting to the foul line.

No reason for White and Murray not to play together next season. Both are excellent defenders, but as opined on the other forum a year or two ago, Murray is not a natural PG, so playing an off/combo role better suits his talents.

At this point in his career, it's safe to say DDR is never going to be a consistent threat from deep, and I have my doubts about DJM (as a 3-point shooter), so Forbes or Mills will still be needed to keep defenses honest.

1 hour ago, Machinator said:

By the way, this is why you don't go for the all or nothing approach every time a team is stuck in the "above average" zone. Yeah, this Spurs team probably isn't a true contender, but you don't get Derrick White blossoming into the next great Spurs guard if you just try to tank for the 10th-worst record or whatever.

Performing well in playoff games can really elevate young players careers.  Happy to see a lot of the Spurs players improving this season including DeRozen....

Sure seems like these current Spurs players enjoy playing together....

1 hour ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

The Lakers need an all star to pair with LeBron and he's from there. Straight up for Kuzma and spare parts to make the salaries work. Who says no?

Assuming this is a joke, but, Lakers are not taking a $27MM cap hit for DeMar. Hence the title "fuck Kawhi Leonard". We are stuck with DeMar for another 2 seasons. Best we can hope is that he ages well and turns into a cornerstone for a contending team. It was unforuntately the outcome we got from Kawhi's bullshit. 

2 hours ago, Machinator said:

The reason you don't go for all or nothing is because it's the Spurs. A great game from a developing player doesn't change that. Would you make the same comment if SA was down 3-0 yet White was posting good numbers? Or if an 8 seeded magic team got four good games from Jonathan Isaac in a sweep? Not saying you wouldn't, but "next great Spurs guard" is still unproven.

I agree playoff experience is valuable but that is only part of the equation. Not every mediocre playoff team has the track record, culture, FO or coach that San Antonio does. It's why it's silly for a team with the GOAT HC at the helm to purposefully tank out a season. SA has turned chicken shit into chicken salad more effectively than any franchise in NBA history and are in a decent position to make a run to the WCF this season. I think too many Spurs fans take games in April and May for granted. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Performing well in playoff games can really elevate young players careers.  Happy to see a lot of the Spurs players improving this season including DeRozen....

Sure seems like these current Spurs players enjoy playing together....

Agreed, and this goes back to that long article about Pop, and the family culture he works to maintain within the organization.

8 hours ago, ztejas said:

This was his 2nd half of 2018

First Last G GS MP FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS GmSc +/-
2018-01-08 2018-04-11 40 35 25.6 4.3 9.1 .468 0.2 0.5 .316 1.5 2.0 .725 1.7 5.2 7.0 3.4 1.7 0.5 1.8 2.1 10.1 9.8 1.7

Please tell me how that is "bad" on offense. No he isn't a 3P shooter - but he was putting up 10 ppg, close to a 2.0 AST/TO ratio on 47/72 FG/FT splits with close to 2 offensive boards per game in just 26 minutes. 

This is easily accessible stuff, man. Obviously White is a more talented scorer. That doesn't make Murray a "liability" on offense. 

That's nice, and i'd like to see Murray keep improving, but as a pure PG, Derrick is miles ahead of where Dejounte ever was.

DJ's dribble is too high. He gets ripped going to the basket alllllll the time. And he just doesnt see the floor and create plays the way Derrick does.

He is a great defender, and capable on offense. But he just isn't a pure PG the way Derrick is. I see him as more an undersized SG/F than a PG.

I didn't get to see a single second of last night's game because I was at the CCA Banquet here in Dallas. Please describe in orgasmic-detail exactly how things went down please. Wondering how every Nuggets starter was -23 or worse yet the Spurs only won by 10. Also, how did White score the majority of his 36 points?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, C-Man said:

I didn't get to see a single second of last night's game because I was at the CCA Banquet here in Dallas. Please describe in orgasmic-detail exactly how things went down please. Wondering how every Nuggets starter was -23 or worse yet the Spurs only won by 10. Also, how did White score the majority of his 36 points?

Pop dressed like he was part of the team in Resevoir Dogs and Derrick White banished Denver to the shadow realm.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Nuggets bench scored points.  D White did lay ups good. 

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

Denver's interior defense was atrocious. White had basically had a layup line.

The only reason the game was remotely close was because (1) Patty Mills played arguably the worst 182 seconds of NBA playoff basketball history at the beginning of the 2nd quarter where Denver went on a 16-0 run and (2) The Nugget scrubs hit a bunch of 3's in garbage time to make it seem closer than it was.