2018-19 NBA Season Thread

BigOrange1

jesus christ you two are fucking dense. i'm not surprised that you didn't get the very obvious joke, and pardon me if the two biggest idiots on the basketball board running in here to yap at my ankles like a couple of chihuahuas doesn't move the needle for me. keep up all of your great posting on the basketball forum, everyone here totally respects your awesome posts and contributions.

Edited by Goo Punch
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

jesus christ you two are fucking dense. i'm not surprised that you didn't get the very obvious joke, and pardon me if the two biggest idiots on the basketball board running in here to yap at my ankles like a couple of chihuahuas doesn't move the needle for me. keep up all of your great posting on the basketball forum, everyone here totally respects your awesome posts and contributions.

What in the motherfuck are you talking about.

Your basketball takes tend to be pretty good my man. Why you need to take 8/10 posts in a row on this thread is beyond me. I don't get it. Everyone here seems to dislike you and I've tried to support you when you make good posts but dude your inferiority complex is astounding. 

Do you want me to buy you a tree stump that you can argue against?

Edited by ztejas

6 hours ago, ztejas said:

I actually thought immortal was quoting Thatguy. I take back my insult. 

Still, take a fucking lap. Christ. 

Anyone who has the opposite opinion of you two idiots is correct by default. The next great take you have will be your first one. For example, you were too dumb to even read the quoted text before you responded.

As far as Derka is concerned, most of us would buy him a beer and argue basketball with him because while we don't always agree, at least he has intelligent, well thought out responses. You on the other hand hurl insults but don't come back to get that crow when the person is right. Like when I told you that Shane Buechele couldn't play in Tom Herman's offense before he even set foot on campus, the whole board was on fire. Where we at now?

Now on the Kyrie bullshit. You don't seem to understand that a lot of guys in the league really don't care about winning. They would rather shine and get paid than win titles. A lot of other guys in the league don't actually know how to play basketball. Maybe they are athletic as hell. Maybe they can dribble their ass off. However, when it comes to understanding what it takes to win they just don't have it. The league is full of those people. John Wall is one of them. Melo is another one.  In the video below one of the smartest players in the game, Draymond Green, brings that up at the 12:45 mark. Charles Oakley then goes on to say, " and some of them are in the All Star game". I put that there so you can see that I am not the only one who thinks the way I do. Boston has been able to make their way to the playoffs with three dramatically different rosters, including all the way to the ECF without Kyrie or Hayward. So maybe the engine that is driving that thing is Brad Stevens. Maybe Kyrie is the guy we saw in Cleveland before Lebron came back. You know, the guy, who despite all his razzle dazzle, couldn't get the team past 33 wins. After all, Stevens figured out a way to make Isiah Thomas look like one of the best players in basketball.

Edited by Thatguy
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

10 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

LOL.... KCP with trade veto power.  LOL!!!!  Good news is he'll probably want to go somewhere shitty as he needs minutes to get his next contract.

That's all part of the long-term goal of acquiring Anthony Davis.  Bend over backwards for Rich Paul.

A weird time for the "I told you so" with Kyrie, thatguy. What with Boston winning 6 straight and absolutely demolishing teams; the only game they've scored less than 118 in that span was last night without Kyrie.

I don't even necessary disagree that Stevens is the engine of that team and Kyrie's leadership abilities are still in question...but they still have a hell of a lot higher ceiling with him than without him.

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/420713-nasa-offers-to-show-stephen-curry-evidence-from-moon-landings?__twitter_impression=true&fbclid=IwAR0Nun6Ffzl_B_pIbV9or4D70k_U9mFkOmILzLx5zuewdNxEchaz-mOiDGc

“We’d love for Mr. Curry to tour the lunar lab at our Johnson Space Center in Houston, perhaps the next time the Warriors are in town to play the Rockets,” Allard Beutel, a NASA spokesman, told The New York Times on Monday.

NASA laying a smackdown on Curry

2 hours ago, aggie08 said:

A weird time for the "I told you so" with Kyrie, thatguy. What with Boston winning 6 straight and absolutely demolishing teams; the only game they've scored less than 118 in that span was last night without Kyrie.

I don't even necessary disagree that Stevens is the engine of that team and Kyrie's leadership abilities are still in question...but they still have a hell of a lot higher ceiling with him than without him.

Oh, I know. Pelicans twice, Bulls, Knicks, Cavs, and Twolves. The Kyrie thing isn't an I told you so. Like I said before, Boston was the one seed while featuring Isiah Thomas. Brad Stevens seemingly can win with anybody. No one ever questioned Kyrie's scoring ability. The question is whether he cares about winning or being a leader. I don't think he does. I think he just wants to bounce the rock, have a good time, and get paid for it. Nothing wrong with that. But for these other dudes to sit there and discount the decisions he makes or things he says is just plain weird.

Edited by Thatguy

17 hours ago, immortal13 said:

Funny he thinks NBA defenders are showing him respect for "what he can do." I'm sure they don't give a fuck how many hip shot threes he heaved up in college. I still think he will be an epic bust. 

Trae Young doesn't understand that they are pressing you at the three point line because they don't think you can drive around them or properly execute a pick and roll to break down the defense to get shots for other guys. That isn't respect, that is disrespect.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Trae Young doesn't understand that they are pressing you at the three point line because they don't think you can drive around them or properly execute a pick and roll to break down the defense to get shots for other guys. That isn't respect, that is disrespect.

So true. Until you punish them for that, you will never get another open 3.

1 hour ago, Thatguy said:

Oh, I know. Pelicans twice, Bulls, Knicks, Cavs, and Twolves. The Kyrie thing isn't an I told you so. Like I said before, Boston was the one seed while featuring Isiah Thomas. Brad Stevens seemingly can win with anybody. No one ever questioned Kyrie's scoring ability. The question is whether he cares about winning or being a leader. I don't think he does. I think he just wants to bounce the rock, have a good time, and get paid for it. Nothing wrong with that. But for these other dudes to sit there and discount the decisions he makes or things he says is just plain weird.

Newsflash.....no one cares about your little crusade against Kyrie. He didn't want to play with Lebron, so he left. It's old news, dude. Move on with your life.

5 hours ago, Thatguy said:

Anyone who has the opposite opinion of you two idiots is correct by default. The next great take you have will be your first one. For example, you were too dumb to even read the quoted text before you responded.

As far as Derka is concerned, most of us would buy him a beer and argue basketball with him because while we don't always agree, at least he has intelligent, well thought out responses. You on the other hand hurl insults but don't come back to get that crow when the person is right. Like when I told you that Shane Buechele couldn't play in Tom Herman's offense before he even set foot on campus, the whole board was on fire. Where we at now?

Now on the Kyrie bullshit. You don't seem to understand that a lot of guys in the league really don't care about winning. They would rather shine and get paid than win titles. A lot of other guys in the league don't actually know how to play basketball. Maybe they are athletic as hell. Maybe they can dribble their ass off. However, when it comes to understanding what it takes to win they just don't have it. The league is full of those people. John Wall is one of them. Melo is another one.  In the video below one of the smartest players in the game, Draymond Green, brings that up at the 12:45 mark. Charles Oakley then goes on to say, " and some of them are in the All Star game". I put that there so you can see that I am not the only one who thinks the way I do. Boston has been able to make their way to the playoffs with three dramatically different rosters, including all the way to the ECF without Kyrie or Hayward. So maybe the engine that is driving that thing is Brad Stevens. Maybe Kyrie is the guy we saw in Cleveland before Lebron came back. You know, the guy, who despite all his razzle dazzle, couldn't get the team past 33 wins. After all, Stevens figured out a way to make Isiah Thomas look like one of the best players in basketball.

"The Shop" ....lol

1 hour ago, Thatguy said:

When Kyrie requested out of Cleveland (after he found out that they almost traded him for Paul George), the four teams that he listed as desired destinations were New York, Miami, San Antonio, and Minnesota. Obviously, the first two would support your "just have a good time and get paid" theory. But no one requests a trade to fucking San Antonio or Minnesota for the glitz, glamour, and sponsorships. He respects the hell out of Pop and the culture he built, and he saw the young pieces that Minnesota assembled and thought that he could help them reach the next level. Maybe you (or I) don't agree with how he goes about everything, but it's hard to question his desire to win.