2018-19 NBA Season Thread

BigOrange1

1 hour ago, aggie08 said:

When Kyrie requested out of Cleveland (after he found out that they almost traded him for Paul George), the four teams that he listed as desired destinations were New York, Miami, San Antonio, and Minnesota. Obviously, the first two would support your "just have a good time and get paid" theory. But no one requests a trade to fucking San Antonio or Minnesota for the glitz, glamour, and sponsorships. He respects the hell out of Pop and the culture he built, and he saw the young pieces that Minnesota assembled and thought that he could help them reach the next level. Maybe you (or I) don't agree with how he goes about everything, but it's hard to question his desire to win.

When you request to be traded and you are a superstar, obviously whatever pieces they have will be gone in order to get you. So while that theory seems fairly sound, he would have to know that they wouldn't be the same team without him. Maybe those are teams he feels have coaches in place that run a system best for him? Not sure. Regardless, Kyrie is already talking about retirement at age 25/26. He even said in a quote one of his friends calls him the basketball version of Lauren Hill.

Just now, Machinator said:

Fuck me, this thread was just starting to become readable again and then you shitheads have to go and revive the Kyrie discussion.

Ignoring Thatguy would do everyone on this thread a service. 

And I hate giving out douche-bag advice like that, but I mean it. 

I have yet to see him have any idea what he's talking about. I have my moments but I also have my arenas where I do, in fact, know my shit. 

1 hour ago, hobbes2702 said:

No fucking shit. Talk about a beating

21 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Fuck me, this thread was just starting to become readable again and then you shitheads have to go and revive the Kyrie discussion.

19 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I have yet to see him have any idea what he's talking about. I have my moments but I also have my arenas where I do, in fact, know my shit. 

16 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

2819 posts......and I need to move on with my life? Lol.

Yes, you do

32 minutes ago, ztejas said:

and what arena is that?  You are literally wrong about everything you ever say that is meaningful. I have many unpopular takes that have been right over the years whether it be basketball or football. Immortal is still pissed about me being right about Bron winning titles in Miami years ago. He said he would never win a title after the Dallas series. That was all the rage on the board back then, but all those people look like morons now. I said that Cleveland would beat GSW with a healthy squad, and they did. I said last year when they were floundering that Cleveland would still come out of the East, and they did. So where are all these times I didn't know what I was talking about? All you guys remember is that there WAS an argument, not what the content was.

Edited by Thatguy

1 minute ago, Thatguy said:

and what arena is that?  You are literally wrong about everything you ever say that is meaningful. I have many unpopular takes that have been right over the years whether it be basketball or football. Immortal is still pissed about me being right about Bron winning titles in Miami years ago. He said he would never win a title after the Dallas series. That was all the rage on the board back then, but all those people look like morons now. I said that Cleveland would beat GSW with a healthy squad, and they did. I said last year when they were floundering that Cleveland would still come out of the East, and they did. So where are all these times I didn't know what I was talking about?

Lulz...you are a lying sack of shit. I never said Lebron wouldn't win a title after the Dallas series. Why would I or anyone make that claim?  Clearly, everyone is tired of you bringing up the Kyrie leaving Cleveland series. Number one, no one cares. Number two, it seems likely that he left because he can't stand Lebron. Number three, no one cares. 

15 minutes ago, immortal13 said:

Yes, you do

There are 100's of sports fans on this board, but only about 10 of them post on the NBA thread. The reason why is because people like yourself, who have roughly 2000 posts worth of insults, attack anyone who comes here and says anything you don't like. You've been following me around since 2011 bro. It's about time you retired your schtick.

• Fuck You 1

43 minutes ago, ztejas said:

45 minutes ago, Machinator said:

1 hour ago, hobbes2702 said:

No fucking shit. Talk about a beating

3 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

There are 100's of sports fans on this board, but only about 10 of them post on the NBA thread. The reason why is because people like yourself, who have roughly 2000 posts worth of insults, attack anyone who comes here and says anything you don't like. You've been following me around since 2011 bro. It's about time you retired your schtick.

Read the quotes above, bruh. That's 3 people that agree with me and that's just today. Give the whole Kyrie thing a rest. It will make you feel better inside.

Edited by immortal13

8 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

and what arena is that?  You are literally wrong about everything you ever say that is meaningful. I have many unpopular takes that have been right over the years whether it be basketball or football. Immortal is still pissed about me being right about Bron winning titles in Miami years ago. He said he would never win a title after the Dallas series. That was all the rage on the board back then, but all those people look like morons now. I said that Cleveland would beat GSW with a healthy squad, and they did. I said last year when they were floundering that Cleveland would still come out of the East, and they did. So where are all these times I didn't know what I was talking about? All you guys remember is that there WAS an argument, not what the content was.

Before you toot your own horn too hard:

- Cleveland beat a not fully healthy (and/or suspended) Warriors squad as well.

- I think literally everyone on this board except for immortal and Fransisco (or whatever the name of the one Boston fan is) expected LeBron to still win the shittastic East last year.

- You thought last year's Cavs squad would give the Warriors more trouble than Houston three games into the WCF.

- You thought that Magic signed Rondo, Stephenson, McGee, and Beasley without running it by LeBron first.

We're all wrong almost as often--if not more so--than we're right (see: me and James Harden). It's what makes it fun.

You have a little vendetta against Kyrie because his shortcomings make LeBron look even better. Others use Kyrie's exit to take think veiled shots at LeBron. It is what it is. No harm in admitting it. I seem to remember you being pretty found of Kyrie when he was running with LeBron.

24 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Go away

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

- I think literally everyone on this board except for immortal and Fransisco (or whatever the name of the one Boston fan is) expected LeBron to still win the shittastic East last year.

- You thought last year's Cavs squad would give the Warriors more trouble than Houston three games into the WCF.

- You thought that Magic signed Rondo, Stephenson, McGee, and Beasley without running it by LeBron first.

We're all wrong almost as often--if not more so--than we're right (see: me and James Harden). It's what makes it fun.

You have a little vendetta against Kyrie because his shortcomings make LeBron look even better. Others use Kyrie's exit to take think veiled shots at LeBron. It is what it is. No harm in admitting it. I seem to remember you being pretty found of Kyrie when he was running with LeBron.

I am only defending myself vs these two clowns. You are a solid poster and always have been. I have no vendetta vs Kyrie. I am simply pointing out the writing on the wall and being attacked for it. I watch Kyrie every chance that I get. In fact, there is no player I truly dislike. The last one was Kobe. I leave that for these other guys to do.

3 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

No. I just remember things you say. I went back to Shag to prove a point and the first post that came up was this gem from you. You were talking about how great Jeremy Lin was.......

14l68wo.jpg

Wow me and that guy actually have super similar prose lol. I can see why that theory has been floated around. 

But, no, I never posted on Shaggy and I'm not a sock. There are people here that can confirm that but I would never ask them to to prove a point against someone as painfully stupid as you. 

37 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

For the record, I never said the Cavs wouldn't win the east. The east was shit, except for Toronto and I had no faith in them beating Lebron and the Cavs. 

18 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Wow me and that guy actually have super similar prose lol. I can see why that theory has been floated around. 

But, no, I never posted on Shaggy and I'm not a sock. There are people here that can confirm that but I would never ask them to to prove a point against someone as painfully stupid as you. 

Don't feel bad, bro. He tried to claim that I posted that Lebron wouldn't win a title after the Dallas '11 series, which he can't quote or prove. It's just what he does. 

1 hour ago, kopp0e said:

If he's being genuine, what a fucking moron..... He fucking lives in a highly educated place and close to a place which is changing the world with though and intellectualism and he has to fall in the trap of the tired old stereotype for athletes.  If he's trolling..... be funnier.

1 minute ago, Patrick Bateman said:

If he's being genuine, what a fucking moron..... He fucking lives in a highly educated place and close to a place which is changing the world with though and intellectualism and he has to fall in the trap of the tired old stereotype for athletes.  If he's trolling..... be funnier.

The problem is that he can always backtrack, and say it was a joke, and we will never know...

Just now, kopp0e said:

The problem is that he can always backtrack, and say it was a joke, and we will never know...

Haven't heard yet, but I will.... Kyrie's rep never fully recovered from being a moron either (on topic).  Apparently Andre Igoudala, Vince Carter and Jalen Rose are in this camp too.  Probably don't believe the world is round or in gravity.  smh.  Feeding into the big dumb athlete stereotype.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kopp0e said:

He really is the Golden Child of the league.  Even with what he said, it somehow turns into something cool for him.  I highly doubt they give that same courtesy to a lot of other NBA players saying the same thing.

• Like 1

What? Children look up to these people. Attention is paid to what they say. These guys have a real platform here and they could be encouraging really intellectual ideas and thoughful discussion. Instead they choose to push this absolute garbage.

This isn't having a bold opinion on something. This is spreading a retarded belief that has been debunked many times over. This is spitting in the face of people who have sacrificed a lot to work towards advancing humanity towards greater understanding of science and the universe. People have died for this shit. Really fucking smart people too, who have contibuted a lot more to humanity than Steph Curry and his ability to put a fucking ball in a basket.

I wish Buzz would punch him in the face.

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, UTDD said:

He really is the Golden Child of the league.  Even with what he said, it somehow turns into something cool for him.  I highly doubt they give that same courtesy to a lot of other NBA players saying the same thing.

I posted this on the last page but it wasn't responded to.

“We’d love for Mr. Curry to tour the lunar lab at our Johnson Space Center in Houston, perhaps the next time the Warriors are in town to play the Rockets,” Allard Beutel, a NASA spokesman, told The New York Times on Monday.

I wouldn't call that "something cool". I would call that NASA passively aggressively putting you on blast for being an idiot. 

It's not a huge issue but as Cummings stated, it undercuts their usefulness in having positive impacts to kids.  Charles Barkley stated he wasn't a role model.  Well, Steph says he wants to be and invites it.  When you state silliness like this, you lose credibility in being that role model.

PTI reacts...

Edited by Patrick Bateman

16 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

It's not a huge issue but as Cummings stated, it undercuts their usefulness in having positive impacts to kids.  Charles Barkley stated he wasn't a role model.  Well, Steph says he wants to be and invites it.  When you state silliness like this, you lose credibility in being that role model.

PTI reacts...

One of the only things worth watching still on ESPN. That and Around The Horn. 

2 hours ago, aggie08 said:

That was me, and if Boston doesn't shoot 7-39 from three in game 7 (and lose by 9), they do go to the Finals.

Kinda like Houston shooting 7-44 in their game 7.  Otherwise, it might have been Boston-Houston.

Edited by Francisco 2.0

4 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

That was me, and if Boston doesn't shoot 7-39 from three in game 7 (and lose by 9), they do go to the Finals.

Kinda like Houston shooting 7-44 in their game 7.  Otherwise, it might have been Boston-Houston.

Oh, I didn't mean to imply that it was a bad opinion. You were also one timely Pacers' shot away from being right as well. Just pointing out that the LeBron > The Terrible East was a widely held belief, despite all the usual drama and schadenfreude in Cleveland.

3 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Oh, I didn't mean to imply that it was a bad opinion. You were also one timely Pacers' shot away from being right as well. Just pointing out that the LeBron > The Terrible East was a widely held belief, despite all the usual drama and schadenfreude in Cleveland.

No offense taken, but since last season, I've seen plenty of takes out and about that just dismissed the entire Eastern Conference last season in regards to being "LeBron's Conference" when in reality, a couple of bounces in the Celtics and Pacer series sends him off with the rest of the banana boat crew early.  It's as if by some way, LBJ didn't slog through two 7 game series on his way to the finals.  All some  focus on is Toronto just laying down and taking it up the ass.

After I put up the post, I looked back at the box score of Game 7.  How Rozier and Brown shoot a combined 3-22 from 3, yet in Games 1-6 they shot 27-76 from 3 is one of the great mysteries of our time.

• Like 1

Having listened to the podcast, I'd wager that, with a gun to their heads, Steph, Vince, Iggy, and Bazemore would all admit that it happened. By that point in the podcast, the host wasn't even participating; it was just 4 friends laughing about old cell phone technology and silly conspiracy theories. Their lead in to the Moon conversation was pondering how we came up with what sounds dinosaurs make. They ended the podcast with a 15 minute (rather in-depth) golfing breakdown.

I think it's Iggy that says in the background, "Google Stanley Kubrick" suggesting that he directed the moon landing. My guess is they're just goofing around with each other on a lesser known podcast not thinking it would go anywhere. And if Steph wasn't there, it wouldn't have. He knows better than that though. He'll make the self-depracating jokes, and do the PR rounds with NASA. He's not going to try to go all deep like Kyrie (more Kyrie talk, fuck) and say that he's a free thinker, choosing not to automatically believe what he's told. A rare misstep for a dude that is usually smarter than that.

What? Children look up to these people. Attention is paid to what they say. These guys have a real platform here and they could be encouraging really intellectual ideas and thoughful discussion. Instead they choose to push this absolute garbage.

This isn't having a bold opinion on something. This is spreading a retarded belief that has been debunked many times over. This is spitting in the face of people who have sacrificed a lot to work towards advancing humanity towards greater understanding of science and the universe. People have died for this shit. Really fucking smart people too, who have contibuted a lot more to humanity than Steph Curry and his ability to put a fucking ball in a basket.

I wish Buzz would punch him in the face.

And? They can have whatever opinions they want. Who cares if kids look up to them. They aren't getting paid to shape their minds. Teachers get paid for that. And it's the parent's responsibility to accompany that.

But heaven forbid someone has their own thoughts and beliefs on something that doesn't fit everyone else's views. Then they are labeled ignorant and dumb.

People used to think the world was flat forever. As well as the moon landing being a hoax. Guess what? The world still functions just fine with people having those beliefs. It's not a big deal. It really isn't.

I worry about people growing up with no zero values or how to function properly in modern society. People who can't drive a vehicle to save their lives. Those directly involve others and can harm and kill others. But having a different belief of some event in the past is no big deal.

• Fuck You 2

2 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

I don't see the big deal if you believe the Earth is flat or the moon landing is fake. Especially from an athlete. If that's how you feel, so be it. Not like it has any impact on the world.

Because facts are not open to interpretation. JFC I don't want to live in a world where choosing to believe something is given equal weight to something that actually is factual.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

7 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

And? They can have whatever opinions they want. Who cares if kids look up to them. They aren't getting paid to shape their minds. Teachers get paid for that. And it's the parent's responsibility to accompany that.

But heaven forbid someone has their own thoughts and beliefs on something that doesn't fit everyone else's views. Then they are labeled ignorant and dumb.

People used to think the world was flat forever. As well as the moon landing being a hoax. Guess what? The world still functions just fine with people having those beliefs. It's not a big deal. It really isn't.

I worry about people growing up with no zero values or how to function properly in modern society. People who can't drive a vehicle to save their lives. Those directly involve others and can harm and kill others. But having a different belief of some event in the past is no big deal.

Belief and fact having nothing to do with one another.

• Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Patrick Bateman said:

PTI reacts...

Maybe we should put more emphasis on teachers & parents, as opposed to a dude called "splash bro"... Meh...

15 minutes ago, Llogg said:

Because facts are not open to interpretation. JFC I don't want to live in a world where choosing to believe something is given equal weight to something that actually is factual.

well which world do you currently live in? the world i've lived in my entire life is one where i am surrounded by people who believe in god and the christian bible as if it were the most factual recording of historical events known to man. the overwhelming majority of people in my world give more credence to those beliefs than they do to any scientific fact. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

well which world do you currently live in? the world i've lived in my entire life is one where i am surrounded by people who believe in god and the christian bible as if it were the most factual recording of historical events known to man. the overwhelming majority of people in my world give more credence to those beliefs than they do to any scientific fact. 

Yup. This shit right here. 

10 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

And are those the people you aspire to be like?

48 minutes ago, Llogg said:

too late.  trump and his "fake news" bullshit has put an end to that.  nowadays it's don't like something?  no problem, just call it fake news and move on.

/dontgiveashitifthisiscloackroomtrumpisapieceofshitandsoarehissupporters

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

too late.  trump and his "fake news" bullshit has put an end to that.  nowadays it's don't like something?  no problem, just call it fake news and move on.

/dontgiveashitifthisiscloackroomtrumpisapieceofshitandsoarehissupporters

CR would be an improvement over the last 3 pages of this thread.

1 hour ago, Llogg said:

Lmao. You are one think skinned little man. Someone holds a different belief than you and now it's "omg I don't want to live in this world". Good lord. I'd hate to be raised by someone like you who can't handle people having their own beliefs. You also glossed over my whole entire point. The world is not worse off because of this. These factions of people have existed since the whole moon landing. Guess what? The world functions and society exists with these people in it. But I guess you need to be in your safe space because you can't handle opposing views. Sad world you have created for yourself. 

You also live in a world where people worship a man made book (bible) as truth and believe there was a long hair white man that resembled Dave Grohl living in the Middle East that could walk on water. And believe telling people "thoughts and prayers" actually works. And believe in "God's plan" whenever something bad happens. Kid dies? Oh well, god's plan. But yeah, that seems totally logical. I hope you have the same thoughts about these factions of people as you do people who don't believe in the moon landing. Because these groups of people actually are a detriment to society. Religion is one of the worst things to ever happen to society. Churches are built to extort money from it's members. People believing the moon landing was a hoax harms who exactly? Well besides you getting your feelings hurt by it.

Edited by Vic Mackey
  • Fuck You 1