2018-19 NBA Season Thread

BigOrange1

1 hour ago, Machinator said:

From other thread:

Tons of pitchers actually.  Matt Harvey is who I think you're talking about but guys like Tyson Ross, Chris Carpenter, and Jaime Garcia have been treated for it with varying degrees of success.  It's generally exclusive to pitchers.  

Surgery is definitely one treatment but there are others.  Really, really strange diagnosis.  Don't know if I've heard of another basketball player ever having this diagnosis.

BG's games played the last four years: 67, 35, 61, and 58. That's on top of him missing his rookie year. Blake is a beast, and I've always really liked him, but he's as injury prone as any player in basketball. If he can manage to stay healthy in Detroit they could become interesting going forward in a weak Eastern Conference. Blake and Drummond complement each other very well and are a nice 1-2 punch. That team needs an all star perimeter player and they will be really good. 

2 minutes ago, CBT said:

Did Kobe just call another fanbase's fans band-wagoners?

I can't even. 

That's the hilarious part..... I mean talk about a lack of self-awareness.  It was a Lakers rally, so I guess it get it, but the ultimate bandwagon player on the ultimate bandwagon franchise just threw shade at another team?  

latest?cb=20141204125528

• Like 3

On 11/19/2018 at 11:44 AM, Jhawk said:

I read a theory from a doc that he has a very specific nerve injury in his back/shoulder area.  The guy was very careful to say that he hasn't examined Fultz personally but based on looking at his back when he is shooting now relative to how he was shooting in college he believed that there is a nerve problem that wasn't allowing the scapula to move the way a natural shot motion should have it move.  He mentioned another player that had the injury and he never recovered.

It seemed credible to me but then again it was on the internet so who knows.  I'm guessing that the sixers know exactly what is wrong with him and the reason he hasn't been traded is that they know he is worth nothing.  They're just waiting to let his contract run out.

On 11/19/2018 at 12:28 PM, Llogg said:

Wrong

Good call @Llogg

27 minutes ago, Jhawk said:

Good call @Llogg

Pretty sure he was specifically referring to this part:

28 minutes ago, Jhawk said:

I'm guessing that the sixers know exactly what is wrong with him and the reason he hasn't been traded is that they know he is worth nothing.  They're just waiting to let his contract run out.

Which is still very, very wrong.

Just now, Jhawk said:

The same way it causes the flu.  They are completely unrelated.

So you think he has something causing that motor tic but something else causing the motor tics that interrupt his shooting motion? That's really what you think rather than that he has one condition that causes motor tics generally?

A bug could have flown in his face.  I would say you're in the wrong because at least one doctor has diagnosed the injury.  Not one doctor has come with tourette's or whatever you are suggesting.  I haven't seen any other "motor tic" throughout his entire career, even in college.  

The condition he was diagnosed with is known to happen in athletes and is spot on with my original post.

21 hours ago, kopp0e said:

At this rate, Blake might wind up with his jersey retired in Detroit before Los Angeles:

Still surprised the Clippers had a soft rebuild, when the team still had a good nucleus with CP3 & Blake...

What in the fuck is TPA? Does that twitter account expect anyone to know what the hell that metric is? Total Points Added? How are they calculating that? Why are guys in the negatives?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Jhawk said:

A bug could have flown in his face.  I would say you're in the wrong because at least one doctor has diagnosed the injury.  Not one doctor has come with tourette's or whatever you are suggesting.  I haven't seen any other "motor tic" throughout his entire career, even in college.  

The condition he was diagnosed with is known to happen in athletes and is spot on with my original post.

Well one doctor has.

5 hours ago, Dutchrudder said:

So what condition does he have?  This looks more like the aftershocks of a stroke, or tourettes. 

Definitely not a stroke.

Real talk, in my neurophysiology fellowship the EMG lab had a diagnostic flowchart on the wall that fellows had compiled over the years. Just decision tree nodes for questions like plexopathy versus radiculopathy and the like. One branch on this flowchart started with "Does the patient have thoracic outlet syndrome?" There was a single line from that question to "No." It's very commonly misdiagnosed.

The Warriors have added a bunch of bandwagon fans, but even before Steph and crew they represented that team well. Oracle has always been raucous as far back as I can remember and they’ve had some incredibly shit teams.

They represented them well in their own area, sure. But no one gave a fuck about the Warriors nationwide on this level like they do now. Same as when the Heat got all those bandwagon fans and now where they did they go? Warriors fans.

I'm speaking solely on the bandwagon fans, not the Warriors actual fans who stick by them no matter what.

30 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

Paul George drops 47pts to bring Thunder 0.5 games behind first place in western conference.

Russell Westbrook adds 21/17/15 against 2 (TO) to surpass Jason Kidd for 3rd place 3x/2x in history. 

TOXIC!!!!

But they didnt cover, the fuckers...

1 hour ago, 52-80 said:

Paul George drops 47pts to bring Thunder 0.5 games behind first place in western conference.

Russell Westbrook adds 21/17/15 against 2 (TO) to surpass Jason Kidd for 3rd place 3x/2x in history. 

TOXIC!!!!

That was a helluva 4th quarter.    The had no business down 20 to BKN in the first place but maybe they hung out too much the night before or something.    Either way great game for both PG and Russ.    They are playing together very well right now.

1 hour ago, 52-80 said:

TOXIC!!!!

That's his 2nd 15/15/15 on the season. Thunder are looking like a legit dark-horse right now. Not sure they can get through KD but hoping for a more fun playoffs this year. 

Just now, aggie08 said:

Man, did any of the league's stars NOT have a great game last night?  Not bad for a random Wednesday night in December.

YES!!   Great performances by great players last night.   Even if the Freak didn't have a big game numbers wise he had some super highlights and they got the win.    Kawhi, PG, and of course Steph and LBJ with HUGE games.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

That's his 2nd 15/15/15 on the season. Thunder are looking like a legit dark-horse right now. Not sure they can get through KD but hoping for a more fun playoffs this year. 

They are up to #2 in the west now.   Didn't they start 0-3 or 0-4?

To be more specific: PG, Steph, LeBron, Butler, Kawhi, Beal, and KAT all went for 35+.  Russ had a huge triple double.  KD missed out on one by 1 assist.  Jokic wasn't far off of his own triple double in a double overtime win.

This season is making me think about renewing my League Pass subscription.  The East is finally interesting.  And there's only one truly bad team in the West (though San Antonio is trending that direction).  Hard to call it parity with the Warriors looming, but anybody can beat anybody right now.

Edited by aggie08

3 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

To be more specific: PG, Steph, LeBron, Butler, Kawhi, Beal, and KAT all went for 35+.  Russ had a huge triple double.  KD missed out on one by 1 assist.  Jokic wasn't far off of his own triple double in a double overtime win.

This season is making me think about renewing my League Pass subscription.  The East is finally interesting.  And there's only one truly bad team in the West (though San Antonio is trending that direction), and that team can at least score a lot of points.  Hard to call it parity with the Warriors looming, but anybody can beat anybody right now.

Yeah man that is why all those folks whining about the Warriors and the league being boring are ridiculous.     There are some incredible players in the league right now.    The best spread of star/superstars we have seen in quite some time.   Scoring is way up and making even games with bad teams at least exciting to watch.  

On 12/5/2018 at 11:15 AM, Vic Mackey said:

A lot of Warriors fans now that are on the bandwagon were previously Heat fans and before that, Lakers fans.

And if the Cowboys also begin to be dominant again, just watch how they show up for that bandwagon too.  Normal Cowboy fans become swamped...