2018-19 NBA Season Thread

BigOrange1

KD and Green trying to put it behind them, but Draymond takes no accountability in his statements and talks about the team as if it's something of the past.  It's alarming and part of his cycle.  Reportedly, Kerr has single handily tried to keep Draymond's combustible personality from blowing up the team, but doesn't get a lot of support from Organization.  The suspension and fine finally changed that some and it'll be interesting to see how the season goes.  I've been of the opinion if they win 3, then everyone comes back for something historic.  A 4 peat which hasn't been accomplished since the 60's Celtics.  Now..... I'm starting to feel like this is the last cattle ride.  We'll see.....

Keep it to basketball and he can probably get away with being an asshole..... but don't talk about another man's money, especially when he's sacrificed, twice, for others on the team.

Everyone told Rockets fans that signing Melo wasn't going to work out and that he was washed up. Clearly the problems with that team extend beyond Melo, but last season was a clear indication that he didn't have much of anything left to offer and already had career lows in most categories last season that have plummeted even lower this season. If those dick suckers LeBron and Dwyane Wade are going to bat for him on twitter why don't they lobby for their shitty teams to sign him and see how long it takes them to tire of him?

3 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

but don't talk about another man's money, especially when he's sacrificed, twice, for others on the team.

Shit, to hear Draymond tell it, he's the one that sacrificed in 2015 by only taking $82M, ultimately clearing the path for KD's signing. I'm sure he took it personally that he had to sign for a hair less annually than Klay after unequivocally proving that he was the 2nd best player on a championship team a month prior...but it's not like teams were lined up to offer him the max. 2nd best Warrior or not, he averaged 11.7/8.2/3.7 on 44%/34% that first title year and hadn't won DPOY yet. Dude may be in for a harsh awakening next offseason, especially if he makes another All-NBA team: they probably won't offer him the max; they DEFINITELY won't offer him the supermax.

4 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

I've been of the opinion if they win 3, then everyone comes back for something historic.  A 4 peat which hasn't been accomplished since the 60's Celtics.  Now..... I'm starting to feel like this is the last cattle ride.  We'll see.....

It's going to be interesting. No star has ever left a team that just won a title. KD is going to leave a team that just 3-peated, with at least 2 Finals' MVPs, and the chance for a 4-peat in a cutting-edge new arena?

Also in the Warriors' favor: the teams with enough cap space largely blow. I'll believe that players would willingly choose to play for Dolan when I see it; joining up with Doc to be the little brother to LeBron's Lakers? Meh; going to the Lakers has picked up steam, but that doesn't make much sense to me. He probably wants to rid himself of the image of joining another team that will never, ever be his, despite being its best player...so he'd join a team that isn't his AND he's not its best player?

On ‎11‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 7:50 PM, immortal13 said:

The streams work great on a device but I haven't found a way to cast or play them on my big screen...

I don't know why the fuck Derka negged you for this shit - Pick up a chromecast or run it through and HDMI. 

Shit - I have a chromecast my mom didn't want that I don't want either. I'll ship it to you if you'd like. 

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

I don't know why the fuck Derka negged you for this shit - Pick up a chromecast or run it through and HDMI. 

Shit - I have a chromecast my mom didn't want that I don't want either. I'll ship it to you if you'd like. 

People with big screens trigger his jealousy

26 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

KD is going to leave a team that just 3-peated, with at least 2 Finals' MVPs, and the chance for a 4-peat in a cutting-edge new arena?

Yes - he is - he's going to the Knicks. After he 3 peats (if they do) the media won't be able to say shit about him as a competitor. He will at that point have one-upped LeBron (or at the very least accomplished what LBJ couldn't) and  will be playing with house money. 

He cares a lot about what people think of him. He wants to be liked and doesn't understand when people dislike him. Resurrecting the garbage dump that has been the Knicks for 20 years is the ultimate save face and could potentially rocket him into being the most  marketable athlete in the world. 

He left a great team in OKC to move to SanFran - he's going to leave a great team in SanFran to market himself in New York and be their savior. 

UNLESS the Warriors don't win. Then I think it actually gets more interesting. 

Source: I know enough about Durant (like teenage girl Beatles obsessed) where I have considered writing his bio at some-point - and am almost always right in predicting everything he does on and off the court. Believe me or not. I thought he would stay one more year in OKC but that's because I was wrong in what I expected from Westbrook.

14 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Jordan

He retired. Twice. He didn't join another team.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if KD leaves this offseason (he's obviously not going to retire a Warrior, so it's when, not if). I will be pretty surprised if he joins the Knicks. Players are smarter and more in tune with the inner workings of franchises than they have ever been. Players think Dolan and co. are a fucking shit show (and they're right). How much is KD willing to bet his future on Dolan's management and Porzingis's knee?

At least the Clippers have Balmer and Jerry West.

1 minute ago, aggie08 said:

He retired. Twice. He didn't join another team.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if KD leaves this offseason (he's obviously not going to retire a Warrior, so it's when, not if). I will be pretty surprised if he joins the Knicks. Players are smarter and more in tune with the inner workings of franchises than they have ever been. Players think Dolan and co. are a fucking shit show (and they're right). How much is KD willing to bet his future on Dolan's management and Porzingis's knee?

At least the Clippers have Balmer and Jerry West.

Did you read anything I wrote? I am well aware the Knicks are a dumpster fire. That is part of the allure. To "fix" it. Pull a LeBron. Knicks ownership will suck his dick to an absurd degree to convince him.

And - as I already wrote - it isn't just about the team. New York is New York. The Knicks - while shitty - are still the Knicks. Durant has sights on owning an NBA team at some point and if you are needing cash for that going to the Knicks is the best move you could possibly make. 

What the fuck does "are still the Knicks" even mean? They haven't been relevant for about 2 decades. This isn't the 90s. KD is not going to NY, where their management and front office is a joke and they are the laughingstock of the NBA quite often. 

I think there is a good chance KD goes to join Lebron in LA. They could try and trade for Anthony Davis. Lebron didn't go to LA to be content with this roster. He will for this year but not going forward. And hell even with this roster, he can have the Lakers in the top half of the West at the end.

10 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

What the fuck does "are still the Knicks" even mean? They haven't been relevant for about 2 decades. This isn't the 90s. KD is not going to NY, where their management and front office is a joke and they are the laughingstock of the NBA quite often. 

I think there is a good chance KD goes to join Lebron in LA. They could try and trade for Anthony Davis. Lebron didn't go to LA to be content with this roster. He will for this year but not going forward. And hell even with this roster, he can have the Lakers in the top half of the West at the end.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25285375/kevin-durant-nba-most-powerful-person

And - it means they are still in the greatest city in the world with one of the largest fanbases, and a fanbase that has exponential room to grow if they become relevant again. 

Go look up Knicks season ticket prices if you don't believe me. 

But - I don't really give a shit - I don't think you know much about Durant or how this stuff works. 

22 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Did you read anything I wrote? I am well aware the Knicks are a dumpster fire. That is part of the allure. To "fix" it. Pull a LeBron. Knicks ownership will suck his dick to an absurd degree to convince him.

And - as I already wrote - it isn't just about the team. New York is New York. The Knicks - while shitty - are still the Knicks. Durant has sights on owning an NBA team at some point and if you are needing cash for that going to the Knicks is the best move you could possibly make. 

Your definition of "allure" is very different than mine. Alluring would be a well-run young team with talent that doesn't have a long history of winning who KD could take to new heights. Not a terrible, piece of shit owner and front office and mostly terrible players.

What does "pull a LeBron" mean? LeBron never fixed Gilbert. The organization could never attract the top tier talent to consistently compete and LeBron and Gilbert open hated each other (still do) as they fought for power and credit. LeBron had to leave for them to suck enough to acquire Kyrie and the pieces for Love. Even then, making Finals after Finals, the relationship always felt prone to implosion. That's not an ideal model for success.

Edited by aggie08

1 minute ago, BigOrange1 said:

it'd be cool if the knicks were able to draft zion and sign KD.  that'd make for a fucking sick ass front court with those two and porzingod.

Yes - another good unmentioned factor. Knicks will get a very sexy prospect in this draft that might catch Durant's fancy. 

1 minute ago, aggie08 said:

The organization could never attract the top tier talent to consistently compete and LeBron and Gilbert open hated each other (still do) as they fought for power and credit. LeBron had to leave for them to suck enough to acquire Kyrie and the pieces for Love.

Minus the openly hating part - you are describing the Knicks. Except one is in Cleveland fucking Ohio and the other is in the Mecca. 

And it isn't my definition of allure - it is what I predict Durant will be allured to. 

Edited by ztejas

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Lmao. Like Porzingis and a top 5 pick in an absolutely loaded draft? Chill man. You're out of your arena. 

Ok man. Counting draft chickens before they're hatched always works out well. Zingis is awesome. He's also a 7 footer with a questionable knee.

47 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Yes - he is - he's going to the Knicks. After he 3 peats (if they do) the media won't be able to say shit about him as a competitor. He will at that point have one-upped LeBron (or at the very least accomplished what LBJ couldn't) and  will be playing with house money. 

He cares a lot about what people think of him. He wants to be liked and doesn't understand when people dislike him. Resurrecting the garbage dump that has been the Knicks for 20 years is the ultimate save face and could potentially rocket him into being the most  marketable athlete in the world. 

He left a great team in OKC to move to SanFran - he's going to leave a great team in SanFran to market himself in New York and be their savior. 

UNLESS the Warriors don't win. Then I think it actually gets more interesting. 

Source: I know enough about Durant (like teenage girl Beatles obsessed) where I have considered writing his bio at some-point - and am almost always right in predicting everything he does on and off the court. Believe me or not. I thought he would stay one more year in OKC but that's because I was wrong in what I expected from Westbrook.

So, when he doesn't go to the Knicks, you'll have missed on the two most important moves he's ever made despite being "teenage girl" obsessed with him.  Congrats.

1 minute ago, Aqua Buddha said:

So, when he doesn't go to the Knicks, you'll have missed on the two most important moves he's ever made despite being "teenage girl" obsessed with him.  Congrats.

Right. Because you totally predicted he would bolt to the Warriors. 

9 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Stranger things have happened, obviously. And where there's smoke, there's usually fire. I just can't remember a big Knick free agency signing in my lifetime other than Amar'e. Despite every single player always waxing poetic about the magic of MSG.

Amare and the big guy from Chicago whose name escapes me at the moment are the only notable free agents they have signed.  Those two had one thing in common; no one would insure the contracts and the knicks were the only team willing to sign them under those circumstances.

4 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

You don't think coaches have pulses on the other teams? And they just played them. I think that is where that quote came from. Post game of when the Kings beat the Spurs the other night. 

I don"t know, man. It was just a question. I guess I could just believe any meme I see.

The 2010–11 season began with speculation that Anthony had requested a trade. Anthony refused to sign a proposed contract extension. Sources reported that Anthony's preferred destination was the New York Knicks, with other teams such as the New Jersey Nets, Houston Rockets and Atlanta Hawks said to be interested

NEW YORK, February 22, 2011 New York Knickerbockers President of Basketball Operations Donnie Walsh announced today that the team has acquired four-time All-Star forward Carmelo Anthony, who was signed to a contract extension prior to the trade, and five-time All-Star guard Chauncey Billups in a three-team, 13-player trade with the Denver Nuggets and Minnesota Timberwolves.

NY is possible, so is LA.  But the Knicks are probably believed by many players (and likely advisors/agents as well) to be a dysfunctional organization and Dolan isn't one that inspires confidence, so it's going to have to be a really good sell.  I do think Fizdale is a good personality that likely can appeal to Durant on some level, so that helps.  I personally don't think Durant is going to NY because I think he will perceive it as too difficult a lift to try and carry that team and I believe he is not wired that way to take that level of challenge on himself.  He'd have to really believe Porzingis and one other big star complete the puzzle so to speak.  I think he wants a more winning made situation right away where ever he goes which helps GS and of course to some extent the Lakers.   I also have a hard time imagining it would be easy for Durant to leave a three peat team going for four in a new arena, but I do think it could happen.   

1 minute ago, UTDD said:

NY is possible, so is LA.  But the Knicks are probably believed by many players (and likely advisors/agents as well) to be a dysfunctional organization and Dolan isn't one that inspires confidence, so it's going to have to be a really good sell.  I do think Fizdale is a good personality that likely can appeal to Durant on some level, so that helps.  I personally don't think Durant is going to NY because I think he will perceive it as too difficult a lift to try and carry that team and I believe he is not wired that way to take that level of challenge on himself.  He'd have to really believe Porzingis and one other big star complete the puzzle so to speak.  I think he wants a more winning made situation right away where ever he goes which helps GS and of course to some extent the Lakers.   I also have a hard time imagining it would be easy for Durant to leave a three peat team going for four in a new arena, but I do think it could happen.   

I actually think he wants the opposite. He's had the ready made winning situation and crushed it. Like I said - Warriors 3 peat (especially if he goes 3X FMVP which only MJ and Shaq have done) is playing with house money. I think everyone here is underrating the fact that Durant as a Knick would be a fast track for billionaire status - and he has come out saying (like LeBron) that he wants to own a team to some degree at somepoint

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

I actually think he wants the opposite. He's had the ready made winning situation and crushed it. Like I said - Warriors 3 peat (especially if he goes 3X FMVP which only MJ and Shaq have done) is playing with house money. I think everyone here is underrating the fact that Durant as a Knick would be a fast track for billionaire status - and he has come out saying (like LeBron) that he wants to own a team to some degree at somepoint

I get that logically and agree for most people this all is very relevant and would be a motivator, but I personally am skeptical Durant is really wired to want to take on that much of a challenge.  I hope he does want to drive his own legacy personally this way, but I really (at least at this point) doubt he is wired that way mentally.  

4 minutes ago, UTDD said:

I get that logically and agree for most people this all is very relevant and would be a motivator, but I personally am skeptical Durant is really wired to want to take on that much of a challenge.  I hope he does want to drive his own legacy personally this way, but I really (at least at this point) doubt he is wired that way mentally.  

I'll just quote myself because I'm going in circles right now.

The Knicks are sort of a shit show..... Zion, White Unicorn and KD would be a fun watch but far from close to actually being a contender.  They would need to sign another superstar IMO and if they could clear some space with the expirings of Courtney Lee and Lance Thomas then they may the ammo to do so.  Not sure who that may be though.  Obviously would need a guard.  They have some intriguing younger pieces but the East may finally be the West's equal or even better in the top 4 so the Knicks would have a ton of work ahead of them.

Can't see KD going to the Lakers.  If he's sensitive about his rep and cred in joining the Warriors, then he may cry every night if he signs up to be Lebron's #2.  Maybe the Clippers but doubt it.  New York will be in the conversation.  Not sure where else he would want to go..... Back to OKC!  I've seen the rumors.  They'd have to get rid of Adams and Westbrook may be breaking down though.

Edited by Patrick Bateman