2018-19 NBA Season Thread

BigOrange1

12 hours ago, Machinator said:

Shocking.  As soon as they re-signed Smart I wondered how they'd have issues with minutes.  This is with Gordon Hayward only averaging 25 minutes as he comes back from injury.  That may squeeze guy's minutes as his minutes increase.  Rozier's minutes are down 4 already.  So hard to ask young guys to sacrifice minutes like this after his mini-breakout in the playoffs.  Vets get it and typically they've done their thing, they've made their money, and are comfortable with their oles.  Young guys.... they want to play and get paid.  

8 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Shocking.  As soon as they re-signed Smart I wondered how they'd have issues with minutes.  This is with Gordon Hayward only averaging 25 minutes as he comes back from injury.  That may squeeze guy's minutes as his minutes increase.  Rozier's minutes are down 4 already.  So hard to ask young guys to sacrifice minutes like this after his mini-breakout in the playoffs.  Vets get it and typically they've done their thing, they've made their money, and are comfortable with their oles.  Young guys.... they want to play and get paid.  

Rozier vocally shot this down. Simmons has been floating this on his pod since early in the season because he thinks the Celts have too many guys. I would be very surprised if Rozier moves this year, especially early.

25 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Rozier vocally shot this down. Simmons has been floating this on his pod since early in the season because he thinks the Celts have too many guys. I would be very surprised if Rozier moves this year, especially early.

Oh, I don't think they trade him either unless they could get a very cheap vet backup PG.  Kyrie's injury risk is too much to move him at this point.

34 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Well I got run over claiming OKC would be better than Houston this year with that as one of my main reasons.  It's way too fucking early to tell but it looks like it might actually be a debate. 

Congrats to Rockets fans.  Rockets really running it back today

8 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Early season hot takes are the best hot takes.

LOL, that's a retarded take, no matter when you make it.  But seeing how OKC was w/o WB early in the year then seeing them dismantle a total shit Rockets product tonight with WB out produces the hottest of takes.  

Steph injured himself tonight.  Being called a groin injury and getting a MRI.  Didn't look ultra severe but groins suck.  If it's grade 2 then expect a few weeks.  Grade 1 and it's probably a a week or two.  If only a strain then several days.  This doesn't mean much in the course of the season for the W's, although if it's a grade 2 or he re-aggravates it, it could affect seeding.  

4 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

What exactly is the NBA City supposed to represent? I get it is alternate jerseys to sell more merch but what is the theme here?

I'm liking that Nuggets one.

The only thing I can figure is that Nike has "Oregon-ized" the NBA... And the league is fine with it, as fans like us will buy a jersey (or two)...