2018-19 NBA Season Thread

BigOrange1

The picks would likely have to be staggered every other year over 7-8 years, so the last two picks might end up decent if Paul ages out or retires and there is a drop off, but they still have to make the salaries work so more moving parts needed for sure.  I'm not sure 4 first rounders (two likely very late 20s and the other two probably at best late teens) are worth a single Top 3-5 pick in the right draft.

9 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Hard pass on the picks

2 or 3 of those picks will come when Houston is paying Chris Paul $40M/year in his late 30''s.  Houston seems to have no long-term plan other than trying to beat GS this year.  Even if they get Butler and give up nothing but picks and salary fodder, they're not beating GS this year if both teams are healthy.  IMO, Houston would be better off standing pat and hoping for an injury to Steph or KD.  If I have an opportunity to trade with Houston right now, I would take advantage of their short-term thinking.  Danny Ainge would approve of this post.

vegas had Houston at 54.5 wins O/U, matching my feeling of 55 as their upper limit this year.  I don't think they'll get there with injuries, losing Ariza, guys having off years, and the rest of the league improving a lot, especially the West. Houston will be a 4 seed. 

2 or 3 of those picks will come when Houston is paying Chris Paul $40M/year in his late 30''s.  Houston seems to have no long-term plan other than trying to beat GS this year.  Even if they get Butler and give up nothing but picks and salary fodder, they're not beating GS this year if both teams are healthy.  IMO, Houston would be better off standing pat and hoping for an injury to Steph or KD.  If I have an opportunity to trade with Houston right now, I would take advantage of their short-term thinking.  Danny Ainge would approve of this post.

What if they're protected? The first few will be guys in the 20 range. I assume the final 2 is in the area 2025 -2027ish. Harden would obviously be done and houston probably isn't contending then... so if they have lottery protections on them.. it sucks

6 hours ago, NowThis said:

vegas had Houston at 54.5 wins O/U, matching my feeling of 55 as their upper limit this year.  I don't think they'll get there with injuries, losing Ariza, guys having off years, and the rest of the league improving a lot, especially the West. Houston will be a 4 seed. 

we are four games into the season...

2 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

What if they're protected? The first few will be guys in the 20 range. I assume the final 2 is in the area 2025 -2027ish. Harden would obviously be done and houston probably isn't contending then... so if they have lottery protections on them.. it sucks

from what i've read, there is not much protection on the picks.  obviously, minnesota would be fools to accept a trade that features a bunch of heavily protected picks.

9 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Oh come on. This doesn't even crack the top 5 Javale or Lance moments. Do we need to educate?

C'mon, bro..... It's Lance + Javale that makes it Magic..... Get it together.

self_high_five.gif

Moving on..... Yea, about that ridiculous Rockets offer for Jimmy Butler.  

It's like one of those fantasy trades where you scrap together all your shitty bench players and offer it up for Aaron Rodgers.

2 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

C'mon, bro..... It's Lance + Javale that makes it Magic..... Get it together.

self_high_five.gif

Moving on..... Yea, about that ridiculous Rockets offer for Jimmy Butler.  

It's like one of those fantasy trades where you scrap together all your shitty bench players and offer it up for Aaron Rodgers.

Tina had her moments on 30 rock. 

My lord, I watched a lot of GS/NYK.  Warriors slept walk through most of the game and it was kind of a boring game.  Knicks led a lot of the game and went into the 4th with a 3 point lead.  That's went KD said fuck this, let's win this with some style points.  25 points on 10/13 shooting in the 4th quarter.  He was just destroying their souls with an assortment of drives, shots, passes, and 3's.  Starters left the game after a 40-16 4th quarter and 2 minutes left..... LOL.  The poor Knicks didn't know what hit em'.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Patrick Bateman said:

My lord, I watched a lot of GS/NYK.  Warriors slept walk through most of the game and it was kind of a boring game.  Knicks led a lot of the game and went into the 4th with a 3 point lead.  That's went KD said fuck this, let's win this with some style points.  25 points on 10/13 shooting in the 4th quarter.  He was just destroying their souls with an assortment of drives, shots, passes, and 3's.  Starters left the game after a 40-16 4th quarter and 2 minutes left..... LOL.  The poor Knicks didn't know what hit em'.

This is what they can do that no other team right now can do. Flip the switch whenever they want. They were on the east coast for a road game, exerted very little energy for 3 quarters, kept it pretty close (even thought trailing most the way) and one of their stars decided to take it over and run the Knicks off the court. Ended up winning by like 28. 

What Durant did tonight was one of the greatest 4th quarters in NBA history. Not like - GOAT status - but top 25 probably. It was pure poetry to watch. He piled their corpses, pillaged their stores, raped their women, then burned everything at the stake. At the Garden. 

On 10/25/2018 at 10:37 PM, Aqua Buddha said:

Watching a little of OKC/Boston.  Westbrook is getting worse.  Terrible shot selection and they're even worse on defense.

I'll call my shot.  Billy Donavan gets fired before Christmas.

Donovan should have been fired last year...

5 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Durant made the right choice in leaving Oklahoma City for Golden State...