2018-19 NBA Season Thread

BigOrange1

7 hours ago, UTDD said:

I don't think a lot had Trae Top 3 but most mock drafts and analysts had Trae over Sexton and both were drafted at about where they were expected.  I recall most mock drafts and analysts having Trae between 5-6 a lot, and Sexton sometimes crept up that high but mostly he was 7 or lower and he went 8.  One I recall that was very close had Trae at # 8 and then Sexton at # 9 (SI).  Trae would have gone higher if he was a little bigger (his wingspan is the much more concerning measurable than his height) and faster , that's just how it goes for smaller players, always going to be some skepticism there.  He should pile up some good stats on the roster they have right now, so it's a great learning opportunity for him to get a lot of experience this year.

Repped you. 

Really meant Shaggy.  Not actual experts.   That’s no surprise. 

Then maybe the players shouldn't vote for him to be the players association president?  

Were those two ever teammates anyways?

Rondo's one of the last people that should be complaining about being a good teammate. Dude quit on his Mavs team and tanked them in the playoffs. Not that they were going to win that series, but he did everything he could to hurt his own team. 

Edited by Dutchrudder

On 10/22/2018 at 4:25 PM, hobbes2702 said:

I think Trae will have a pretty good pro career. He isn’t Steph and will never reach that level imo. The thing that will hang over him is the trade. IMO Doncic is the best player from this draft not named Ayton and trading him for Trae Young is gonna look bad on the Hawks for a long time imo 

Trae is more of a PG than Steph. The true comparison for Trae is Mark Price or Steve Nash.  

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Crazy ending in the Detroit Philly game. Down 2, Reddick hits a 3pt shot with 6 seconds left and gets fouled, so a 4 pt play. Griffen then drives for a layup and gets fouled, getting the 3 pt play for the win.

Blake had a great game. 50 pts and 14 boards. And was 5/10 from 3. 

4 hours ago, Blotto said:

Crazy ending in the Detroit Philly game. Down 2, Reddick hits a 3pt shot with 6 seconds left and gets fouled, so a 4 pt play. Griffen then drives for a layup and gets fouled, getting the 3 pt play for the win.

Embiid thought process, if there was any, was strange. Leave the guy who has 47 points at that point in time to jump out on the 3 point line. This left a clean lane for Griffin to get to 50 points. I mean, if it comes down to it, I am okay with giving up  left leaning three pointer over leaving the top scorer in the game.

Like JR Smith, Rondo is exactly who is he.  So people love him or hate him. 

CP3 is a faker, and that's what people take umbrage with.  Has nice guy image but plays dirty.  He's also politically savvy which is another thing that players/teammates dont like... and ex-teammates have said as much. 

• Like 1

First h2h of Trae vs Doncic and Doncic had the better line (although front loaded) while Young's team comes back and wins.  That was an atrocious loss for the Mavs, who were up 26 in the first half.  Ouch.  Neither guy shot great.  Young was particularly bad from the field but got to the line a ton.  You could make the case the Hawks won in spite of Young, who was -6 on the game.  Neither was sharp but 1-0 for Young.

28 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Don't remember the last time I saw the Houston, Dallas, and San Antonio threads all collectively subdued like this.

Can't speak to the Dallas or Houston points of view, but it's been over 20 years since we've seen a Spurs roster so outmanned. I don't think even Pop can turn this into lemonade. 

pretty awesome article on the players tribune written by darius miles (and edited by quentin richardson):
https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/what-the-hell-happened-to-darius-miles
Loved playing with the clippers back in 2001 with odom,miles,maggette etc. The head knock after baskets were awesome too

It was cool to see 2016 Steph again, that was an old school cheat code video game session.  Wow.  In other news to me, I really like how both Kawhi and Giannis look so far, I am already starting to think they are serious MVP candidates (at least more than I thought initially coming into the season) but we'll see after 20 games or so.  I really like Toronto's defensive potential, they just have so many long and quick defenders.  They definitely can beat Boston if they play well - and right now I still favor Boston - but Toronto having Kawhi is a big difference from DeRozen if he plays in the playoffs at a high level. 

Really bad loss by Dallas, that is a game they could and should have won, but still nice seeing the young kids develop game by game.  

2 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Rockets are offering 4 first round picks to Minnesota for Jimmy Butler.

Includes..... not only.  So probably Gordon, another asset and those picks.  As stated in another thread, doubt those last couple of picks even matter, they'd be so far away, management doesn't give a shit as they would never be able to use them most likely.

Thibs torpedo'd a deal to Miami a few weeks ago, you wonder if it can be put back together and when Taylor just decides to say, "fuck Thibs" and do it himself.