2018-19 NBA Season Thread

BigOrange1

15 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Cavs fired Lue after an 0-6 start. Lulz. They lose one player and instantly turn into the worst team in the league by far.

Cavs fucked Lue over.  Sure, he wasn't an outstanding tactician, but he did win a title and guide them to 3 trips to the finals.

Yeah, yeah, I know.  LBJ and all.  But still....fucking Lue over in this fashion is gonna haunt the franchise for years to come.  And it's officially a firesafe in Cleveland now.  Expect everyone to be available to all interested parties.

34 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Cavs fucked Lue over.  Sure, he wasn't an outstanding tactician, but he did win a title and guide them to 3 trips to the finals.

Yeah, yeah, I know.  LBJ and all.  But still....fucking Lue over in this fashion is gonna haunt the franchise for years to come.  And it's officially a firesafe in Cleveland now.  Expect everyone to be available to all interested parties.

tyronn-lues-game-plan-for-tonight-https-

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

Gonna haunt the franchise for years to come?  Puh-leeze.  They're 0-6 and are probably at least 3 years from even contending for a playoff spot anyway, so if they're haunted by this firing, how are we going to know?

When Lebron left, everyone knew the team was going to be exactly as those of us who said Lebron was the best player on the planet was going to be - that without Lebron, the Cavs are a 15 or 20 win team, at best.  Lue didn't have much left over to work with, but he's not a guy who developed any of the young talent on the team and I'll make a bold prediction that Lue will never, ever, HC a team to another conference finals.  The league knows he's horrible.

2 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

Gonna haunt the franchise for years to come?  Puh-leeze.  They're 0-6 and are probably at least 3 years from even contending for a playoff spot anyway, so if they're haunted by this firing, how are we going to know?

When Lebron left, everyone knew the team was going to be exactly as those of us who said Lebron was the best player on the planet was going to be - that without Lebron, the Cavs are a 15 or 20 win team, at best.  Lue didn't have much left over to work with, but he's not a guy who developed any of the young talent on the team and I'll make a bold prediction that Lue will never, ever, HC a team to another conference finals.  The league knows he's horrible.

so, everyone.

Edited by Goo Punch

Firing Lue was stupid because it's a needless waste of money..... Now, I'm sure Gilbert pisses on this (plus AC, support staff, etc) amount of money for fun, but WTF is replacing Lue 6 games gonna do?  Were the Cavs some sort of playoff or division contender we weren't told about?  It's not that Lue is indispensable, it's the move looks random and silly.  Like a panic move or one made out of emotion.  If you didn't want him, then fire him in the offseason.  Not a huge deal, but this is such a Cleveland move.... dumb and pointless.

7 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Firing Lue was stupid because it's a needless waste of money..... Now, I'm sure Gilbert pisses on this (plus AC, support staff, etc) amount of money for fun, but WTF is replacing Lue 6 games gonna do?  Were the Cavs some sort of playoff or division contender we weren't told about?  It's not that Lue is indispensable, it's the move looks random and silly.  Like a panic move or one made out of emotion.  If you didn't want him, then fire him in the offseason.  Not a huge deal, but this is such a Cleveland move.... dumb and pointless.

Can someone explain why the Cavs are not tanking for the RJ Barret sweepstakes 

43 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Can someone explain why the Cavs are not tanking for the RJ Barret sweepstakes 

They absolutely are and need to be blatant about it.  They traded their pick to Atlanta with top 10 protection, so if it's outside the top 10 it will convey.  They want to be one of the worst 7 teams in the league to guarantee a pick next year.  There's 3 logical reasons to fire Lue at this point.

1.  Some sort of scandal is afoot and the Cavs decided to try and get ahead of it.  -- Haven't seen any rumors yet.

2.  He was openly and brazenly insubordinate.  -- Didn't see or read anything.

3.  This was personal.  Either Gilbert or Altman, the GM, didn't like Lue, who they felt was foisted upon them by Lebron.  -- This seems to be the case.

Reportedly, Altman, who's been a disaster thus far, didn't like Lue and Gilbert wasn't that enamored either.  Altman, who desperately needs a "win", wanted Lue to play younger players right out of the shoot, while Lue favored keeping vets like JR Smith and Kyle Korver in the rotation.  Assuming guys like Dekker, Zizic, and of course, Clarkson.  Lue acquiesced for a game, where they suffered their worst loss of the year, a 22 point drubbing at the hands of Atlanta and then got the two vets back in the lineup.  Look, developing the young talent should be their primary goal this year, I think that should be a given.  However, if you want any hope of flipping the expiring contracts of these vets before the deadline, you need to keep them somewhat relevant.  Smith looks cooked but Korver has done his thing in limited minutes.  Altman got pissed Lue was controlling his own rotations and fired him.  Why wasn't this discussed and/or agreed upon prior to the season?  Why isn't there a coherent plan for the season where all parties are onboard?  This is dysfunction 101 and most of it falls at the feet of Altman, but of course, Gilbert bears some of the accountability as Altman doesn't move without his blessing.....

I mean, c'mon Cleveland.  You fucking fall apart every time Lebron leaves you and it's not really needed.  With strong leadership and a consistent vision, they could start the long rebuild with some sense of purpose and calm.  Instead, they look like the amateur hour train wreck Lebron and his minions always accused them of.  Still a lot of season and they still should be able to get that lottery pick, but it's a bad look for a franchise who's long been accused of weak leadership.

Edited by Patrick Bateman

13 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

If by guide them you mean the guy on the sideline who stayed out of Lebron's way and added zero value, then sure. Lue had as much to do with their Finals trips as you did.

It's amazing that Lebron has never played for a coach worth a damn in his career. But maybe that is how he likes it. So he can run things.

4 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

If by guide them you mean the guy on the sideline who stayed out of Lebron's way and added zero value, then sure. Lue had as much to do with their Finals trips as you did.

It's amazing that Lebron has never played for a coach worth a damn in his career. But maybe that is how he likes it. So he can run things.

He's had the best coach in all of sports for the last 8 years tho:  coach Bron

1 hour ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:
11 hours ago, kopp0e said:
Dude, there are no words for this guy...

Itd be interesting to know the amount of 3s hes made in his life. Practice, games, shoot sounds arounds, driveway etc.

Some things in life might be unquantifiable...

23 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Lebron moves into 6th place all time after last night's game.

44964291_2511919228826904_27095871535615

Oh man, that game next year when Lebron passes Kobe for 3rd on the list is gonna be hilarious. I hope it's a home game and we get all the Lakers fans BOOING at the top of their lungs as the King leads them to another .500 season. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

I never claimed Lue was some X and O savant.  But there is an art about being the head coach of a team full of vets, all stars and having once-in-a-generation types on your roster.  Lue proved he could do that.   Consider this.  Someone named Dave Blatt was the coach before Lue, and he was dismissed because he couldn't manage that roster.  Lue could.  

There's far more to coaching in professional sports than being a "coach".

23 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Wait, you were serious with ^ this post?

5 minutes ago, PilotsError said:

So we're still pretending Spoelstra isn't a good coach?

He's marginal at best. Since Lebron has left, missed the playoffs twice, 1st round exit in another and won a series in another. In a shit conference (even though it is now getting better). 

He's definitely above Lue and Walton for sure.

9 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

Wait, you were serious with ^ this post?

Sure, I was.

There's more to being a coach, especially in the NBA, than knowing how to draw up an ATO.  Lue could manage vets; he proved that.  It's a skillset that will find him in demand.

Regarding haunting the Cavs; this is just another in a long line of dumbass decisions the franchise has made.  Dan Gilbert gonna fuck this one up too.

28 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

oh sweet, undefeated Milwaukee and Toronto are playing tonight!

what's that you say?  neither kawhi or giannis are playing?  well shit.

Saw that..... sucks.  Kawhi is being rested and Greek is in concussion protocol.

Anthony Davis is out tonight vs the Nuggets as well.  2nd missed game.

I love how the Warriors happily take a back seat when someone is having themself a night. Steph and KD only took 19 shots combined, despite being pretty hot themselves. Shit, Cook and McKinnie took 27 (mostly garbage time) shots.

I contend that a scorching hot Klay is still the best watch in the NBA.

26 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

I love how the Warriors happily take a back seat when someone is having themself a night. Steph and KD only took 19 shots combined, despite being pretty hot themselves. Shit, Cook and McKinnie took 27 (mostly garbage time) shots.

jokic is the best watch in the nba, and giannis is basically a monstar, but hot klay thompson is pretty unbelievable.

43 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

I’d go with Steph because he normally adds a degree of difficulty that no one else can.