2018-19 NBA Season Thread

BigOrange1

1 hour ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Pelicans/ warriors are tonight and we're stuck with spurs suns?

Normally I'd agree but then I have also bitched about the NBA constantly showing the same damn teams on national tv. Warriors are on enough. Derozan is with the Spurs and the Suns are trying to build a young nucleus. I have no beef with putting that game on to give them some exposure. It's a blowout, though.

Normally I'd agree but then I have also bitched about the NBA constantly showing the same damn teams on national tv. Warriors are on enough. Derozan is with the Spurs and the Suns are trying to build a young nucleus. I have no beef with putting that game on to give them some exposure. It's a blowout, though.
C'mon.. watching the warriors cast 3s is wayyy better than watching derozan who im pretty sure you've trashed during the annual Raptors playoff routine

6 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

i've been posting here for years about how it's especially important for big men to stagger their stance when shooting FTs. somebody finally got the message to DAJ:

the horns need to consult with whoever turned DeAndre to the stance change suggestion.

one time i was practicing FTs at a gym somewhere and a random older guy walked by and said it's better to have one foot back (stagger).  So since then i have done it and makes a difference, body seems to be more at a balanced equilibrium and the flow of the release is smoother and more pointedly on target. 

undefeated Bucks @celts tonight 7pm central on TNT .. .huge game 

when you stagger your stance you line up your arm/body/side with the rim, similar to a beer pong shot. i mean there's a reason that most people don't play beer pong standing square towards the other side of the table; you want to be able to line up your shooting arm/hand with the target, and staggering your stance does that. stagger your stance; find a quick routine that gets you comfortable at the line; look at the front of the rim; put some arc on your shot. boom. now you're shooting a higher percentage from FT's.

Edited by Goo Punch

10 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:
16 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

C'mon.. watching the warriors cast 3s is wayyy better than watching derozan who im pretty sure you've trashed during the annual Raptors playoff routine

League Pass homie. Watch whoever you want

10 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:
17 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

I never said I was a Derozan fan at all or would choose to watch the Spurs/Suns this season. I just said I understand it and actually give props to the NBA for showing games other than the usual suspects which they do so many times. Don't worry, you can watch the Warriors 60 other times this season.

3 hours ago, 52-80 said:

Aggie07 just jizzed his capri pants

I had the League Pass for just the Warriors starting in 2013. But yeah, by 2016, it was like, "what's the point?" I do like the local broadcast crew way more than any ESPN or TNT talking heads, though (they're not as homerific as most local crews...or ESPN, for that matter). Oh well.

31 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:
1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:
I would say bring in a coach worth a damn but that doesn't fit what Lebron wants. He is the coach/GM wherever he goes, for better or worse. I am guessing it will be some low rate coach who won't command his respect.

Im going with Byron Scott or Mo Cheeks

Mo Bron, imo

18 hours ago, aggie08 said:

I had the League Pass for just the Warriors starting in 2013. But yeah, by 2016, it was like, "what's the point?" I do like the local broadcast crew way more than any ESPN or TNT talking heads, though (they're not as homerific as most local crews...or ESPN, for that matter). Oh well.

League pass is a disaster and always has been. /r/nbastreams my friend. 

2 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:
21 minutes ago, ztejas said:
There is a better alternative for free. Do you need other issues?

But that's not really an issue with League Pass itself. Just like the Sunday Ticket. There's Reddit NFL streams for free but that doesn't mean Sunday Ticket has issues itself.

Okay baby birds. Jesus.

For one, league pass blacks out games all the time. So, if you don't have cable, you can't watch the game. 

Still, that doesn't even matter, because as I mentioned you can stream games for free in similar quality at a much better refresh rate. 

23 minutes ago, ztejas said:

There is a better alternative for free. Do you need other issues?

Better? Not really. I don’t mind streaming games but that means I have to pull up the stream on my iPad and airplay to my Apple TV. It’s way simpler and better PQ for me to just login to league pass. I get not wanting to pay for league pass but that doesn’t mean it isn’t good. 

21 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Better? Not really. I don’t mind streaming games but that means I have to pull up the stream on my iPad and airplay to my Apple TV. It’s way simpler and better PQ for me to just login to league pass. I get not wanting to pay for league pass but that doesn’t mean it isn’t good. 

I'm not going to tell you how to spend your money.