2018-19 NBA Season Thread

BigOrange1

5 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

Magic gave him Lance Stephenson, Michael Beasley, and Rajon Rondo to work with.  What more do you want?

No shit. Lowe tweeted that they're currently 7th in offense and 23rd in defense...I'd argue that that's actually overachieving in those categories with their roster. In what world were Stephenson, Rondo, Kuzma, JaVale, and regular season LeBron even going to be mediocre on defense?

A 3-5 start with suspensions mixed in is nowhere near time to start giving your coach "win or else" ultimatums. The West is tough going with only one sure win left in the conference. Patience.

I really like Toronto's defensive potential.  Good length and speed everywhere.  They definitely can win the East if they play well.  OG/Siakim/Ibaka/Kawhi are really good parts for a great defensive lineup and guys like Green are no slouches either and he was All-Defense 2nd team pretty recently to boot.  I think Lowry is no slouch defensively either even with his size.