2018-19 Big 12 Basketball Thread

Horny Bull

On 2/16/2019 at 1:29 PM, texasstrong12 said:

TCU is in Big 12 trouble if they lose to @ Oklahoma State on Monday. 5-7 in the Big 12 so they would be a 5-8 with a loss to Oklahoma State. 

Their finish is Iowa State, @ WV, Tech, K-State, @ Texas. That's a brutal finish. 

TCU lost to Oklahoma State. Injuries are a bitch but I don't think this team is going to make the tournament. That's a brutal finish and they need 2 or 3 more wins. Maybe they can get there. 

6 minutes ago, spystud13 said:

Noi has started a whopping 8 games this season. Clearly Dixon knows less than an internet poster. 

Lol that you think starting games is indicative of how good a player is. Myles Turner one of the best bigs in the NBA came off the bench at Texas. Noi still plays starter minutes which is all that matters. 

I'm guessing you also think Jaxson Hayes sucks since you know he's only started 15 games. What a scrub he is. 

Noi has a better PER, OBM, TS%, EFG%, TRB%, STL% and so on than Bane. Bane is a great player but its debatable on who is better. I definitely think Noi is more important though. 

Keep it coming with your fantastic insight. 

Edited by texasstrong12

It's definitely debatable who the best player is out of Noi and Bane. Both are better statistically at certain things. 

But there's no doubt Noi is TCU's most important player. He's really their only big that can score and definitely their only big that can stretch the court. Samuel doesn't even attempt to shoot 3s and Miller shoots 22.7% from 3. 

Edited by texasstrong12

TCU is so thin you could make an argument that Robinson is their most important player. I think without Noi, or bane, or Robinson they are losing nearly every game on the way out. They wouldn’t have anyone to initiate offense without Robinson. I don’t know if they would get the ball inside the 3 point line without him. Tough way to end the season if Noi is out long term. We might be a 5 bid league. I don’t think we sniff 7. 

I'm terrified about tonight.  Is Mason still out?  I think we roll them if he's out, but if he's in, you know that cracker is going to shoot 80% from 3.

We're tough to read.  Play extremely focused in hostile road environments, and have dropped a couple of turds at home.  It seems the bad home performances come in games they felt like they should easily win.  The crowd should be rowdy tonight, and I would think the team would be focused, but it's a bit of a crap shoot with these guys.  My head says ISU should cover, but my heart feels like a gut punch is lurking.

I'm over the idea of winning the conference, so that makes me a little less neurotic, but it at the same time it's hard to not realize it's still technically possible.

2 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

I'm terrified about tonight... My head says ISU should cover, but my heart feels like a gut punch is lurking.

I'm over the idea of winning the conference, so that makes me a little less neurotic, but it at the same time it's hard to not realize it's still technically possible.

EagerEntireIndianglassfish-max-1mb.gif

• Like 2

Team rankings have these odds for Big 12 teams to make the tournament. 

Kansas 100%, K-State 100%, Tech 100%, Iowa State 99%, Texas 69% (nice), Baylor 53%, OU 37%, TCU 26%. 

What's going to screw TCU is their nonconference schedule. They are #184 in NCSOS. OU has the #11 NCSOS so they are much more likely to make the tournament if they can get to 7-11 in the Big 12. 

We’re going to beat TCU in Ft Worth, and lose to OU in Hilton.

I fucking hate this team sometimes.  3 losses in Hilton, none to ranked teams.  A down Big 12 and we choke on apple sauce again.  I just want to break shit, but I’ll probably just finish my beer and go to bed.  I’d be better off not watching these guys.

Edited by Al_4_ISU

9 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

Bears sweep the Cyclones! There's always the tournament for a 3rd try.

Yeah, but that’s a de facto home game, ergo a loss.

I could see this team winning out and losing the league by a game.  They play stupid uninspired basketball at home though so who knows.  We can literally beat anyone and lose to anyone.

Edited by Al_4_ISU

KSU predicted anywhere between a 5-7 seed despite having a very good chance to end the drought.  That’s nuts.  

With tonight’s win Baylor should be all but a lock provided the don’t lose any more starters.  

This league has to be the most beat up conference in the country.  

And how the hell is OU still showing up in so many prediction brackets?  

TCU will likely take its usual NIT spot again this year.  Good job, good effort.  

47 minutes ago, Jhawk said:

Well that should do it. Loser of KU/Tech is on life support. 

????????????

Conference Titles matter, especially since it's been a while...like ever... for Tech.

I care a shit-ton more about how we do in the tournament.  I'm not even remotely thinking the loser of our game sucks, or is on "life support."

Just now, slorch said:

????????????

Conference Titles matter, especially since it's been a while...like ever... for Tech.

I care a shit-ton more about how we do in the tournament.  I'm not even remotely thinking the loser of our game sucks, or is on "life support."

Pretty sure he means "on life support for the conference title".

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Brian Fantana said:

What the fuck ISU

Fuck Baylor

This is our program.  Good, capable of beating anyone, incapable of winning the conference title.  Hoiberg couldn't do it.  Prohm can't do it.

But I remember the McDermott era, so I'm not going to complain much.  We're pretty much set at being a B to B+ kind of program.  Could be much worse.