2018 College Football Playoff Rankings

LTtxfan

None of it reallymatters, when UGA ends up in the Sugar Bowl and lose to us and OU knocks Bama out of playoffs, it will all be rewritten come next year...

Very little will be said about UGAs loss, instead they will go on about UGA should have been in the playoffs and how the committee really messed that one up.  Bama will have suffered a heartbreaking loss in a game they were clearly the more dominating team no matter the score. How OU lucked into a win and are probably (or should be) praying they don't end up facing Bama again.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Georgia aint getting in

jfc guys, this is what espn wants

they gotta have something to talk about/drive clicks, etc

and yall are doing exactly what they want

exactly. the only question is if they move OU up to 3 and ND down to 4 so that OU doesn't get shitstomped by Bama.  Although I guess Clemson would shitstomp them also.

7 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Georgia aint getting in

I have already stated to several people: if SEC gets two teams in, and one of them is a 2-loss non-conference-champion OVER a P5 1-loss champion, I am not watching any of the playoff games.

THAT is what ESPN wants?

What is sad is every year I hope OU gets fucked over, at 3 PM today I was hoping Kyler Murray tripped and twisted an ankle post game and OU would be screwed in the playoff. Then ESPN spews crap like this and I find myself having to suppress little thoughts in my head saying "I hope OU kicks the shit out of Bama". Why does college football do this to me.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, chase25 said:

What is sad is every year I hope OU gets fucked over, at 3 PM today I was hoping Kyler Murray tripped and twisted an ankle post game and OU would be screwed in the playoff. Then ESPN spews crap like this and I find myself having to suppress little thoughts in my head saying "I hope OU kicks the shit out of Bama". Why does college football do this to me.

Yes, this is sad.

2 minutes ago, SurlyORama said:

I have already stated to several people: if SEC gets two teams in, and one of them is a 2-loss non-conference-champion OVER a P5 1-loss champion, I am not watching any of the playoff games.

THAT is what ESPN wants?

That is what I want.  Repeatedly screwing the B1G out of it, as well as 2 other P5's is the best way to slowly turn them towards an 8-team playoff with a guaranteed slot for each P5.

Edited by clapclapclap

2 minutes ago, chase25 said:

No. Fuck OU and the manipulation that got them into the 2008 championship game. They can get screwed by the system until the sun burns out and it won’t be enough. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, clapclapclap said:

That is what I want.  Repeatedly screwing the B1G out of it, as well as 2 other P5's is the best way to slowly turn them towards an 8-team playoff with a guaranteed slot for each P5.

Agree on this. But people just not watching is NOT what ESPN wants. Need more people to just boycott. But they won't.

19 minutes ago, SurlyORama said:

THAT is what ESPN wants?

I didn't watch the final last year for that reason

I did watch the Rose tho and I threw up in my mouth a little while cheering for Baker to knock the Dogs out

Georgia isn't fucking going to the playoffs. With the way Ohio State has fucked around with a meh Northwestern team tonight, maybe they'd sneak in if we'd have found a way to win today. But we didn't, and now OU is 12-1 with a B12 championship, wins over everyone they played, three ranked teams, three more bowl eligible teams in conference, and a better OOC win than UGA in 9-2 Army. UGA matches the three ranked wins and three other bowl eligible wins, but they are an 11-2 at large who got smoked in one of those losses. They also played no one OOC. I agree with the "ESPN is just filling air time/creating fake buzz" takes.

1 minute ago, Bone3421 said:

Im just saying only 17 teams have had a 25 game win streak or longer in ncaaFB

Maybe there should be away to let them play...already beat "a top" sec team last year

Does CFP Committee ding UCF for season ending loss of starring QB?

Will CFP Committee ding BlowU for their loss of Hollywood Brown??

1 hour ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Georgia aint getting in

The media drives public perception which is why it is controlled by most governments around the world and the same reason wr sequester jurors...  Public perception is what drives the committee...   ESPN has a long history of using their podium to drive up viewership of their marketed content...  To the point of multiple publications in various Journals from different Professional Journalist Associations world wide queationing ESPNs ethics. They have been called out to either uphold their sworn duty to be unbias in their reporting or to stop calling themselves Professional Sports Jounalists..  These journals have also published several studies on the affect ESPNs disregard of unbiased coverage to push their content in both professional and amature sports worldwide. There has been studies published that make a compelling case of how the only sports content they had rights to at their beginning being NCAA BB and the constant and overy hyped UNC and. the rivalry with Duketo drive up their veiwership numbers not only propelled UNC to a new level among elites as their darlings, but also gave rise to their heroes villian...  Good needs a Devil and it came in the form of a solid Duke team...  The coverage and constant talk of UNC and their devil Duke had people natuonwide tuning in to watch two teams they had no ties to either hopefully win (UNC) or lhopefully lose (Duke), and ser records when those two played each other. For UNC, this drove top recruits from all over the countru to them like never before...  And before long many of those folliwing Duke as haters starting to like the little team which drove their recruitment to elite levels. 

It is a tactic they've used from day one and little has changed since...  Ever since the BIG10 joined with Fox for its network and the PAC announced it was going at it alone, they went in hard and heavy with the SEC for their network...  And it has been impossible to watch anything on ESPN since without it turning into the SEC show...   I'm pretty sure even the commercials on there have SEC Embedded in them...  It's hard to deny Alambama has been on a run untouchable (even by ESPNs former love USC)...  How much of it due to Saban being 10x the coach of any coach in the history of the game, or how much is due to ESPN driving busloads of talent towards "NFL lite" with the constant SEC hype (while underhandedly undermining all other conferences) with the cream picking the best team in the SEC, Alabama.

It's awesome that Herbie went to OSU and now is trying to screw them over with his #3 UGA narrative, which is total BS.   

It's obvious the dude would f&ck over his own friends & family without hesitation.    I hope he gets booed off his Alma Mater campus every time he steps on it now.

Screen_Shot_2015-01-12_at_7.44.58_PM.0.0

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Lol.  Anyone who thinks 2 SEC teams are getting in, needs to put the crack pipe down. 

Those teams looked average af.  

ESPN begging for it lol. Can't wait to see Herbie's face tomorrow when not only when his Suckeyes are left out, but also GAWGA is out as well. 

1 minute ago, gmr548 said:

FWIW, which is basically nothing, 538 has Oklahoma and Ohio State each more likely to get in than ND. Georgia with no chance. https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2018-college-football-predictions/?ex_cid=rrpromo

Flawed model that puts too much emphasis on winning conference championships and doesn't account for independent teams well. Nate Silver admitted as much.

4 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Oh right, I was talking about 8 years ago.  I’m talking this year dumbass.  And put some money up if you wanna back up your bullshit.  

Newsflash....ESPN was cockgobbling the SEC 8 years ago....and actually got it done.   Nothing has changed.  You big doo doo head.

I'm not saying it is happening this year, but it has happened.

Edited by Doze
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Doze said:

Newsflash....ESPN was cockgobbling the SEC 8 years ago....and actually got it done.   Nothing has changed.  You big doo doo head.

I'm not saying it is happening this year, but it has happened.

Well you called me a doodoo head so I’ll concede.  

Either way, we seem to agree on fuck the SEC. 

• Like 3